Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Did he attend any camps who might report more accurate height and reach numbers? The reports have him all over the board. I'd also love to know what his reach is, to me that's as important as his height as it relates to the zone

????
Is there much difference between those two? I’m not even sure which one is better.
Lol, no kidding, I think I choose the downside option here. Southerland only played spot minutes until his senior season. His junior season he averaged 7 pts a game. BJ on the other hand, got some run his sophomore season and then averaged 17 and then 20 ppg after a redshirt season.

Hard to find any video of Braswell online. This footage, apparently taken from a video-cassette camcorder hanging from a string, shows him dunking 3 years ago. Good hops for a 15 year old at the time. Would love to see his shooting form. I'd be happy if he commits to Syracuse. Could develop into a great player in 2-3 years.

Hard to find any video of Braswell online. This footage, apparently taken from a video-cassette camcorder hanging from a string, shows him dunking 3 years ago. Good hops for a 15 year old at the time. Would love to see his shooting form. I'd be happy if he commits to Syracuse. Could develop into a great player in 2-3 years.

Robert Braswell: Sr Year Pt. 1

Form looks good 53% from three with his size and length. I really like this kids upside

There are obviously some differences but I see some Donte Greene in this kid. Like Golden a lot too but in terms of the skillset on both ends of the court , Braswell is more of a true replacement for Bazely.

????
Is there much difference between those two? I’m not even sure which one is better.

I would assume he's talking about Cuse BJ, who had very little idea of what to do other than jack threes as a really young kid. Sat out a year and became a really nice player after leaving, but his numbers and the eye test revealed a talented kid who had no idea how to play basketball initially (that's not an indictment as much as an acknowledgement that he was really young and raw when we had him).

Did he attend any camps who might report more accurate height and reach numbers? The reports have him all over the board. I'd also love to know what his reach is, to me that's as important as his height as it relates to the zone

The video is nice but it looks like awful competition. He looks like Giannis out there. I'd guess he's pretty damn long just based on how easily he's dunking and how much of an advantage he has on everyone on the court. I think he's intriguing and a good fit for the zone but he's gonna need some development. High ceiling, low floor. Golden is a high floor with probably pretty limited ceiling.

The video is nice but it looks like awful competition. He looks like Giannis out there. I'd guess he's pretty damn long just based on how easily he's dunking and how much of an advantage he has on everyone on the court. I think he's intriguing and a good fit for the zone but he's gonna need some development. High ceiling, low floor. Golden is a high floor with probably pretty limited ceiling.
53% from 3 is still 53% from 3. Not sure how many guys on our team could do that last year in an empty gym.

Last edited:
I will be happy with either Golden or Braswell but I do prefer Golden. Let’s see what Golden does. Guessing Braswell is a moot point if Golden chooses SU first, I don’t think we take both

I will be happy with either Golden or Braswell but I do prefer Golden. Let’s see what Golden does. Guessing Braswell is a moot point if Golden chooses SU first, I don’t think we take both

If we can I think we should take both. No real reason not to.

If we can I think we should take both. No real reason not to.

Unless they don't want to tie up a 2019 scholarship, given all of the top notch prospects we're chasing.

I'm not anti-Braswell -- just playing devil's advocate about the staff maybe wanting someone like Gurerrier / Whitney next year, and might only be able to land one if they use the one on Braswell this year.

Unless they don't want to tie up a 2019 scholarship, given all of the top notch prospects we're chasing.

I'm not anti-Braswell -- just playing devil's advocate about the staff maybe wanting someone like Gurerrier / Whitney next year, and might only be able to land one if they use the one on Braswell this year.

We always run into problems like that. When we didn't take any other players because we were going to get Green. If the staff thinks Braswell is a ACC type player they should take him. There still should be 3-4 ships for next year also that is how bad we are struggling with depth.