Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

I don't get that drop at all. Sadiq was an honorable-mention All-American at MP as a junior. Did very well with Team United on the EYBL this spring and summer. Also got praise for his play at other showcases in recent months...he's now behind Kiyan, Shon, London, etc. Hmmm.

Don't care what the ranking is. Love this kid.

This kid seems like a model out of what JB would want from a forward and that should be very good for us from day one.

I cannot believe that highlight reel that had him going off hand all day long.

Yeah, that type of momentum is just fantastic.

Can't fault Red for where he is with high school recruiting.

Just need to hold serve and just get in the tourney this year and then take off next year.

Yep- manage the guys well and see what happens in March. Honestly the first 13 games matter the most. Get the non conference wins we need and hold serve in conference play avoiding bad losses and can get it done.

That said it’s 25-26 where we get to feel like SU again. He still has to manage the portal well but far easier to do that when you are running a few NBA prospects out there night in night out.

I don't get that drop at all. Sadiq was an honorable-mention All-American at MP as a junior. Did very well with Team United on the EYBL this spring and summer. Also got praise for his play at other showcases in recent months...he's now behind Kiyan, Shon, London, etc. Hmmm.
Yep. It is shocking that he has performed very well the past several months yet dropped in ranking. At the end of the day, his performance and skill set keeps improving, and he will make an even greater leap at IMG. Whether or not his final ranking next spring improves, we know we've got a jewel.

Yep. It is shocking that he has performed very well the past several months yet dropped in ranking. At the end of the day, his performance and skill set keeps improving, and he will make an even greater leap at IMG. Whether or not his final ranking next spring improves, we know we've got a jewel.
Shooting rules in the recruiting rankings. I wonder if any of the recruiting analysts have owned up on how badly they missed on Maliq Brown, for instance.

Sadiq White isn't quite as good of a shooter as some of the guys that moved ahead of him. But the analysts must be blind to his obvious physical talents to drop him after his summer performance.

Conversely, White is almost a clone of Freeman at the same age... Freeman shot up in the rankings 25 slots to 8th in the final RSCI rankings because his 3 point shooting hit another level of consistency. The same could happen with White before the end of his high school season.

Last edited:
Well said, my friend. And I'll add this: Donnie's strong senior year at IMG fueled his rankings surge, and that kind of exposure in the EYBL Scholastic no doubt helped get him into the AA games. I'm hoping the same holds true for Sadiq :)