Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

It would have been nice to have him next year, it just sucks that we lost another target.
Not really. He's a nice athlete but he can't shoot. Moyer and Brisset are both better. Not only are they probably better, but they all have similar games. Losing Tucker hurt because he brought a different dimension than everyone else we have.

JB plays 7 guys at the most - I doubt Wilson would have seen much time this year. We need to use our scholarships on a guard and hopefully Doleazj.

If our roster was loaded and balanced for next year, I'd say get Wilson for 2017 with the thought that he won't play much. But our roster has holes and we need to use those 2 scholarships on guys who fit a need. Wilson doesn't do much for us as our roster stands right now - and he wastes a scholarship that we could use for someone that fits a more dire need

We still lost him.

Okay. These posts are more of a thread derailer than anything else.

We did not lose Wilson. How can you lose a player when you didn't offer said player in the class in which he committed????? We did not want him in 2017. He wanted to play in 2017.

:bang::bang::bang:

Not really. He's a nice athlete but he can't shoot. Moyer and Brisset are both better. Not only are they probably better, but they all have similar games. Losing Tucker hurt because he brought a different dimension than everyone else we have.

JB plays 7 guys at the most - I doubt Wilson would have seen much time this year. We need to use our scholarships on a guard and hopefully Doleazj.

If our roster was loaded and balanced for next year, I'd say get Wilson for 2017 with the thought that he won't play much. But our roster has holes and we need to use those 2 scholarships on guys who fit a need. Wilson doesn't do much for us as our roster stands right now - and he wastes a scholarship that we could use for someone that fits a more dire need

I wouldn't have minded him at all this year as opposed to not adding anyone else at forward. After filling out, he's going to be really good. But as others have said, he doesn't fit our needs and there would be too much roster duplication.

Didn't someone just leave the program and we magically have a ship open this year? :)

Didn't someone just leave the program and we magically have a ship open this year? :)

He had already enrolled and took summer classes at St. John's. He will have to sit a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom