Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

I have seen LSU, and been in their basketball arena. I have to admit I would put them on my list for social, academic and athletic reasons, having said that I still hope he chooses SU.
Just saying LSU would not be a bad choice.
I know nothing about their coaches.
So you’re unaware that their head coach is a well known cheater who funnels money to players families. He got caught on an FBI wiretap sounding like a wannabe mafia capo and talking about paying players, and multiple people testified in court to that effect. The NCAA is a bureaucratic monster that moves slow as molasses. Though the major problem is that the NCAA doesn’t possess subpoena power to gather evidence (cell phone records, bank records, etc) and to force witnesses to testify. Their hands are tied in some of these pay-for-play investigations. But with what’s in the public record and in court testimony, Wade and LSU will eventually be punished (hopefully with a show cause penalty for Wade).

Almost all pushy parents get accused of being in it for themselves, ex; Richard Williams, Lavar Ball, Press Maravich, etc
Danny Manning’s dad got a coaching gig off of his son, as have many others both known and unknown. I think there’s a culture from some parents that they’re gonna cash in from these schools, and not just w/ a scholarship or degree for their child, thought being, “why should everyone else get there’s, but not us”? Chance’s dad maybe in that category, who knows?
Well, I have heard things that I am not going to post here so I will leave it at that.

So you’re unaware that their head coach is a well known cheater who funnels money to players families. He got caught on an FBI wiretap sounding like a wannabe mafia capo and talking about paying players, and multiple people testified in court to that effect. The NCAA is a bureaucratic monster that moves slow as molasses. Though the major problem is that the NCAA doesn’t possess subpoena power to gather evidence (cell phone records, bank records, etc) and to force witnesses to testify. Their hands are tied in some of these pay-for-play investigations. But with what’s in the public record and in court testimony, Wade and LSU will eventually be punished (hopefully with a show cause penalty for Wade).

As I said I know nothing about their coaching staff. Nothing.

As I said I know nothing about their coaching staff. Nothing.
Where have you been the last year+?

No idea how this plays out. Maybe it's me but shouldn't we actually wait for a decision and some proof before we start implying payouts, bags being taken...yadda, yadda, yadda? I mean what if after the LSU visit he makes a call and commits to Syracuse? Is his dad still unethical or is it all good?

We will accept a commitment from Taylor tomorrow and then another guard Sunday because they want to secure their spot at SU. Once that happens you could see a 3rd guard and possibly Flip as spots run out. Have a great weekend, relax and enjoy it.

No idea how this plays out. Maybe it's me but shouldn't we actually wait for a decision and some proof before we start implying payouts, bags being taken...yadda, yadda, yadda? I mean what if after the LSU visit he makes a call and commits to Syracuse? Is his dad still unethical or is it all good?
There are a few teams and coaches who cause immediate red flags. And, those in the know have shared enough for us to connect the dots.

There are a few teams and coaches who cause immediate red flags. And, those in the know have shared enough for us to connect the dots.
I get it. I have seen the same stuff. I guess I am just saying you SHOULD SHUT YOUR DIRTY Wh$&*@…..oops my bad…that’s your line. Yeah I just just think you confirm the target before shooting so to speak. That’s all.

:vomit:
Screenshot_20210625-232101_Instagram.jpg

Ask RJ Hampton how the Australian league worked out. Cam Reddish goes to Duke, has a pretty weak year, goes in the lottery. RJ Hampton the following year, also a top 5 recruit, goes to Australia out of high school. And then is the 24th overall pick. Big difference in pay between the 10th pick and the 24th pick. I'm not saying the college basketball world doesn't have it's flaws, but it's not as simple as "might as well get paid for a year overseas," when in some cases it can cost millions of dollars.

Soo I’m hearing this one was a no go once he left campus. Still somewhat of a hope from the staff cuz the kid loves us but the “team” isnt all in. I know some of the other insiders are saying else and hope I’m wrong but this one doesnt look likely

Soo I’m hearing this one was a no go once he left campus. Still somewhat of a hope from the staff cuz the kid loves us but the “team” isnt all in. I know some of the other insiders are saying else and hope I’m wrong but this one doesnt look likely
JAB answered the NIL questions wrong for his Dad.

Gah...that's unfortunate to hear, especially if SU is where Chance really wants to go.

If that’s the case then all is still good because we clearly have not done all the eggs in one basket approach here and we are in strong shape at both the 1&2 positions he might have played. If he goes somewhere else good luck to him but I believe we will be happy with our haul.

UGH.

Really hate when the kid clearly wants Cuse, but the handler$ want $omething el$e.

JT, Quadir, & JJ - come on down!!!

You are the next guards on… The Cuse is Right!! :cool:

Yeah it’s so frustrating I don’t know what to say. Clearly wanted Orange and getting blocked. This is like Quade redux. Only worse schools.

Did anyone tell Chance's parents about Boeheim's ability to get drafted into the NBA? Does that count for something, or no?

I think sometimes stuff that is said/shared on here becomes absolutes and people run with that narrative...The whole Chance being Orange if not for his dad thing for example. This might have been the case a year or two ago when he first visited the Dome etc but things do change and it seems like both the kid and his father might be looking elsewhere for other reasons. Maybe he still ends up here (seems doubtful but wouldn't surprise me either) because the kid has always liked Syracuse... but people also forget how big a part the team chemistry plays. Its quite possible that Chance didn't feel as comfortable around a group of guys compared to other schools. Heck, maybe our guys were a bit cold to him knowing they want their local friend JJ to jump aboard and a Chance commitment ruins that. (Take that last part and run with it making it a absolute narrative on here :)) *last part was total bs*

I think sometimes stuff that is said/shared on here becomes absolutes and people run with that narrative...The whole Chance being Orange if not for his dad thing for example. This might have been the case a year or two ago when he first visited the Dome etc but things do change and it seems like both the kid and his father might be looking elsewhere for other reasons. Maybe he still ends up here (seems doubtful but wouldn't surprise me either) because the kid has always liked Syracuse... but people also forget how big a part the team chemistry plays. Its quite possible that Chance didn't feel as comfortable around a group of guys compared to other schools. Heck, maybe our guys were a bit cold to him knowing they want their local friend JJ to jump aboard and a Chance commitment ruins that. (Take that last part and run with it making it a absolute narrative on here :)) *last part was total bs*
Extra, extra