Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

He attended our Elite Camp a few years ago. So this was his 2nd time visiting SU.

Thanks. I appreciate the correction. I did know he hasn't been to SU since we've really gone hard after him in recent months.

Last edited:
Ayala, Brissit, sidibe
Moyer
Thompson, Battle
Chukwu, ?Lydon?

Then grad transfers.

Am I missing anyone else?

That doesn't seem TOO bad if 1 of the 3 freshman contribute immediately.

Ayala, Brissit, sidibe
Moyer
Thompson, Battle
Chukwu, ?Lydon?

Then grad transfers.

We are so 4/5 heavy. It is great to have the depth, but there are no PG's or SF's on your list. If we get Ayala, the idea is that he will play PG, but it sure would be nice to get a true PG as a grad transfer. I don't care if he averaged 30ppg, I want a PG that knows how to manage the game and make the team better.

Ayala, Brissit, sidibe
Moyer
Thompson, Battle
Chukwu, ?Lydon?

Then grad transfers.

You're missing Frank Howard but... well... Whatever.

You're missing Frank Howard but... well... Whatever.

Though I'm a fan of his prospect/not his current game or attitude, I don't think I'm missing Frank.

We are so 4/5 heavy. It is great to have the depth, but there are no PG's or SF's on your list. If we get Ayala, the idea is that he will play PG, but it sure would be nice to get a true PG as a grad transfer. I don't care if he averaged 30ppg, I want a PG that knows how to manage the game and make the team better.

Yeah I don't know why we're so focused on finding a scoring guard. Lets get a guy who averaged 6+ assists a game and can hit the 3 ball at a 40% clip. We will have scorers. Thompson and Battle will each average double figures and I think/hope Moyer will surprise us pleasantly.

Hey let's bring in another 6'5 athletic kid who has never played PG and try to make him into one. (Sorry, it's my Sarc coming out). Another first round ACCT loss tends to do that to me.

Meanwhile...

Let's ignore a LEGIT PG recruit who desperately wants to play for SU, and routinely has double-doubles (and sometimes triple-doubles) against solid HS comp, because - reasons? :crazy:

Both

Ayala has the kind of versatility that allows us to use him in a variety of roles. I actually think he is better suited not to be a primary ball handler. I think he's a point guard better suited for a role similar to Triche. Dont think it will impact us recruiting another point guard or recruting another shooting guard.

Maybe his wing span isn't long enough for zone-master.
JB probably keeps a measuring tape in his back pocket... next to his hanky and early bird coupons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom