Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Right now, there are two-three scholarships (one being Judah’s) available for the 2024-2025 recruiting class.

Syracuse has 2 juniors, 8 sophomores and 1 freshman for 2023-2024. If Red adds 1-2 more underclassmen this portal season, then that is less available for 2024-2025 recruits.

If Syracuse fills all 3 (counting Judah coming back) spots this year, then we will need attrition from the current class to be able have Moore and Freeman come aboard in 2024. If there are more 2024-2025 recruits like Ngongba or Mikey Lewis or Sorber or Bethea, then are ways around this with Judah declaring for NBA in 2024, Benny Williams also leaving for NBA in 2024, and perhaps Chance Westry (21 years old in October but freshman eligible) deciding to go pro.

I’m sure that it will work out where someone else will leave due to lack of playing time over The next season.

Right now, there are two-three scholarships (one being Judah’s) available for the 2024-2025 recruiting class.

Syracuse has 2 juniors, 8 sophomores and 1 freshman for 2023-2024. If Red adds 1-2 more underclassmen this portal season, then that is less available for 2024-2025 recruits.

If Syracuse fills all 3 (counting Judah coming back) spots this year, then we will need attrition from the current class to be able have Moore and Freeman come aboard in 2024. If there are more 2024-2025 recruits like Ngongba or Mikey Lewis or Sorber or Bethea, then are ways around this with Judah declaring for NBA in 2024, Benny Williams also leaving for NBA in 2024, and perhaps Chance Westry (21 years old in October but freshman eligible) deciding to go pro.

I’m sure that it will work out where someone else will leave due to lack of playing time over The next season.
If Starling performs to his original scouting report he will only be here one year as well.

Can't understate the impact of a Bethea commitment for GMac on the recruiting trail as well. Fighting off the blue bloods would send a message for the new staff.

You may think so, but I am not convinced GMAC has the recruiting chops, and Syracuse has the NIL $$$ to attract this type of recruit.
If they can get Starling, Westry, and Freeman, there is no question they can land a top 20 guy. They sky was falling after Jesse. Getting Freeman today sends a huge message to the college basketball world, and future recruits. The staff would need to go hard after a big fish if they get Freeman, and I think they will.

Haven't Bethea and Freeman talked about how they would like to link up in college or am I thinking of someone else?

If they can get Starling, Westry, and Freeman, there is no question they can land a top 20 guy. They sky was falling after Jesse. Getting Freeman today sends a huge message to the college basketball world, and future recruits. The staff would need to go hard after a big fish if they get Freeman, and I think they will.
Freeman is a great get with Red and Straughn’s DMV connections

Bethea is completely different and we are loaded with young guards for ‘24 with Choppa, JJ, Westry, Copeland and Taylor.

As we all know college basketball rosters are a one year commitment so it’s entirely possible we could need another guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom