Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Jalil, you would look great in Cuse Orange!​

0EB520AA-51F6-4BAD-BDB2-774474C5A2F8.jpeg

COOLEY ...

Ugh, no offense to Cooley, but Bethea is above him. However, Syracuse is where he should be. His game would light up the freaking Dome. This kid is an UNBELIEVABLE offensive player. He transitions from drive mode to pull up 3 like a pro. I think he is a top 20 player. We need to get AW back involved and land this kid.

Cooley back by the family and other traditional G Town brass is a force to be reckoned with. G town may look like G Town sooner than later again.

if we don’t get another player in this class and get this kid, I would make that trade.

The longer this goes the more it looks like previous recruits. We get in early and get bounced later in the process. Let’s hope Red turns this around.

The longer this goes the more it looks like previous recruits. We get in early and get bounced later in the process. Let’s hope Red turns this around.
Are you saying this just because he is getting more offers or because you read something indicating he is not talking Syracuse? I don't think this looks like anything yet but recruiting. Be confident hoops. Young staff, best college hoops venue in the country and looking to play a style of basketball we have not seen since early 2000. I am feeling optimistic for the first time in a while for the hoops team.

Definitely expect more offers to arrive for Jalil over the spring as he does well for Team Final. But SU coaches watched him twice last month in post-season HS play. He has taken an OV and he could take another one. As far as I can tell, SU is very much in this.

I'm willing to give the coaching staff some time to change the narrative described above.

We do need to get better at closing top-line recruits. However, I would argue we have in the portal cycle and the jury is still out on 2024.

Let's wait and see before being negative nancies already about being the bridesmaid.

Wont get outworked for him can guarantee that
From my disadvantaged vantage point, it certainly seems like the staff is working hard. Now, are they working hard in the CBB world or are they working hard in comparison to the end of the JB era. (This is not to say the individual coaches didn't work hard, but is seems pretty accepted that there were handcuffs on the staff).
My concerns are:
What difference is NIL and will we compete, really compete, with the big boys?
Have we fallen so far that we are not held in as high a regard as a "brand" as before and are now just another school?
Does Red and, by extension his staff, which is only 1/3 new, actually have the force of personality to win some of these recruiting fights?

All TBD
However, it may be telling that 2 prior recruits came to SU AFTER JB retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom