Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

It may not pay dividends this cycle but I have seen it noted on several posts in various spots by those who follow recruiting, how much this means for the program.

People seem invigorated and excited by the increased presence and energy.

It is what it is - the program had grown stale.

If people here thought so, then definitely recruits and their handlers felt the same way.

The program was negatively recruited against a ton over the last five-ten years.

Whether it was the NCAA infraction / sanction or the whole when will JB retire, as well as JB playing his kids over others - all things that were used against the program. And it impacted what the staff could do.

It's like the whole program was given a fresh start.

It may not pay dividends this cycle but I have seen it noted on several posts in various spots by those who follow recruiting, how much this means for the program.

People seem invigorated and excited by the increased presence and energy.

It is what it is - the program had grown stale.

If people here thought so, then definitely recruits and their handlers felt the same way.

The program was negatively recruited against a ton over the last five-ten years.

Whether it was the NCAA infraction / sanction or the whole when will JB retire, as well as JB playing his kids over others - all things that were used against the program. And it impacted what the staff could do.

It's like the whole program was given a fresh start.
Zone only defense didn't help either. Then you add in what you mentioned and it's easy to see why many high level recruits would steer clear.

Couldn't agree more on the fresh invigorated feeling. Recruiting forum activity here picked up immediately, I do think the staff will work their asses off. Excited to see how things unfold, it may surprise us (in a good way).

I was told by many this was not an issue, but so many here are posting it’s refreshing and it matters. I’m confused.
Is that really confusing? Of course it is not.

GRINDING….love it
tumblr_mxeitxrKeG1sl2gfco1_250.gif

Just hope it pays off!!!!!
It may not be this cycle, but it will at some point.*

* - it also may pay off this cycle. I don’t have any inside info.

Last edited:
While it’s awesome to see the HC on the recruiting trail and not just the assistants, I’m going to hold back my excitement for when this actually leads to a big time commitment.

They're getting some very good visits already. Off to a very good start, mentioned with a handful of Top 50 kind of kids.

They're getting some very good visits already. Off to a very good start, mentioned with a handful of Top 50 kind of kids.
Agreed. Of course, commitments are what we all most care about, but I'm excited by Autry and the staff's activity. Donnie visiting later this week. Jalil took an OV last fall, and SU watched him twice last month.
SU watched Sorber last month. Sorber says he wants to visit 'Cuse (I wrote about this yesterday - Syracuse Basketball: 4-star center Thomas Sorber wants to visit Orange). I'd love a class of Elijah, Jalil, Sorber and Donnie, but maybe that's being greedy :)

Agreed. Of course, commitments are what we all most care about, but I'm excited by Autry and the staff's activity. Donnie visiting later this week. Jalil took an OV last fall, and SU watched him twice last month.
SU watched Sorber last month. Sorber says he wants to visit 'Cuse (I wrote about this yesterday - Syracuse Basketball: 4-star center Thomas Sorber wants to visit Orange). I'd love a class of Elijah, Jalil, Sorber and Donnie, but maybe that's being greedy :)
I don’t think that’s being greedy at all. Those are the kinds of classes we regularly used to get for years. That should be the usual Syracuse standard. And as Autry has said, the standards won’t change.

Last edited:
It’s not being greedy when you have the needy to get back where you belong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom