Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Hey, that was a rhyme. Nice :)
2BAF3979-7F7C-406C-A233-4079925EE102.jpeg

Yeah, in a perfect world, SU lands Elijah, Jalil, Sorber and Donnie...then maybe a PG - Givens, Boogie?? Could be a tremendous class. "Could"
I'm not sure in today's world of experienced & proven veterans available in the portal every year that it's wise to bring in 4-5 player freshmen classes? It doesn't really make sense, as the UK, Duke, etc. "freshmen stars" model has shown that formula hasn't worked in the last 5-6 years...

I'm not sure in today's world of experienced & proven veterans available in the portal every year that it's wise to bring in 4-5 player freshmen classes? It doesn't really make sense, as the UK, Duke, etc. "freshmen stars" model has shown that formula hasn't worked in the last 5-6 years...
I think it's fine if you hold onto most of them until they are upperclassmen. It's the re-starting each season with freshmen that does not seem to work.

My biggest fear is Miami. They have done well in Philly. I love this kids game. He could very well end up a McDonald’s All American. He has the total package. You can sell him on coming in and replacing Judah. His all around game lends itself into being a potential star at point guard. Great handle and passer. He also wants to go with Sorber. Miami is recruiting him too.

That's fair. Veteran teams are winning titles these days.

Biggest thing that I hope everyone realizes is cuse is now in the running for a lot of candidates and they all say how much they like Red. Not many recruits have said they love JB and his personality, they just said “legendary coach”. Not a knock on JB but Red just oozes charisma and can relate to these young men. This will be exciting to see how it shakes out

Biggest thing that I hope everyone realizes is cuse is now in the running for a lot of candidates and they all say how much they like Red. Not many recruits have said they love JB and his personality, they just said “legendary coach”. Not a knock on JB but Red just oozes charisma and can relate to these young men. This will be exciting to see how it shakes out

REALLY hope he can coach, in addition to the "pros" you outline.

Well, so far it is just talk. If we have lost Jesse, and just less than two weeks ago I was told he was coming back for sure, and we haven't really nailed anything else. We got JJ But he is a local kid.

Let’s see him produce a little bit before heaping on the praise.

Red can recruit like crazy, but if we can’t keep them once they get here, what’s the point?

Red can recruit like crazy, but if we can’t keep them once they get here, what’s the point?
Guess you are right. We should cease all recruiting efforts, fold up our dome and stop all basketball related activities. Poor us??

How do you think Providence, St. John’s and Notre Dame feel about a lot of their players transferring? They are all starting over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom