Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

The lure of the sunshine and beaches, beautiful women, could be a factor.
And he wouldn't be in his father's shadow every time he stepped on the court.
Have to say USC has to be a big possibility, maybe even the favorite.
This has always been my biggest worry in his recruitment.

Also Melo wouldn’t let him drag SU through this process if he wasn’t coming here. Look at how he protected Woodson and Indiana. They werent led on. He wants the splash of an announcement and I guess stranger things could happen ….but I think a lot of folks would be shocked if it’s not SU.
Good point about Melo. Hope you're right.

I’m a little concerned that he didn’t commit a little earlier to potentially help with some of the guys we missed out on. You’d think if he was going to commit here he’d want as good a lineup to play with as possible.
We aren’t privy to their conversations. Maybe the coaches know and have conversations with recruits that lean that way without coming out and saying it.

This has always been my biggest worry in his recruitment.
They both look pretty happy here in this great photo. Hope he doesn't let down Orange Nation. I think he wants to be a big fish.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 49
It's us or USC. We have the sentimental edge, but Musselman is a great coach and Kiyan was impressed with his visit to USC. Coach Autry now needs to step up and counter, letting Kiyan know how important he is to this team, the vision to get him to the NBA, and get through to Kiyan that this has nothing to do with legacy and show that we aren't taking his recruitment for granted. Closing argument time.

FWIW, I traded messages with a national analyst this morning who knows his stuff. He continues to believe that Syracuse will likely be the choice, however, he also added that he hasn't heard that Kiyan has told any of the finalists yes or no at this point...I'd definitely say keep an eye out as to whether he takes an OV to Auburn. He may also take a second OV to Syracuse. I've said for a long time that I don't think Kiyan is a lock to come to Syracuse, but at the same time, as far as I can tell, 'Cuse is likely the "favorite." I do agree that USC could ultimately be the Orange's biggest threat.

The lure of the sunshine and beaches, beautiful women, could be a factor.
And he wouldn't be in his father's shadow every time he stepped on the court.
Have to say USC has to be a big possibility, maybe even the favorite.
Totally legit take. Another way to look at USC is doing the same thing Bronny did. Likely a comparison he'll fare much better at than to his father but still a form of following someone else. I hope the kid wears orange and that the Orange faithful allow him to be himself.

Also Melo wouldn’t let him drag SU through this process if he wasn’t coming here. Look at how he protected Woodson and Indiana. They werent led on. He wants the splash of an announcement and I guess stranger things could happen ….but I think a lot of folks would be shocked if it’s not SU.
Did you ever think the kid is making his own decisions and Carmelo isn’t going to sway him one way or the other?Its a real possibility that Kiyan doesn’t want to follow his pops.

Did you ever think the kid is making his own decisions and Carmelo isn’t going to sway him one way or the other?Its a real possibility that Kiyan doesn’t want to follow his pops.
I’ll save this and revisit in a month.

I’ll save this and revisit in a month.
Do you think Carmelo would disown him if he chose a school other than Syracuse?Lol!
He may choose SU but that doesn’t mean Melo didn’t let him make his own decision.
If he doesn’t choose SU it doesn’t mean he led them on, he might be legitimately having a hard time choosing.Come back and revisit this and I hope you get me with a “I told you so”.

USC is such a dump too. Everything is a hassle from traffic to getting around. Sure the weather is amazing every day, but I moved from SoCal to Florida and now back to cuse because of the ease of life. And yes I’m still 100 percent confident he comes here

USC is such a dump too. Everything is a hassle from traffic to getting around. Sure the weather is amazing every day, but I moved from SoCal to Florida and now back to cuse because of the ease of life. And yes I’m still 100 percent confident he comes here
If the ultimate goal is to get to the NBA, all that matters is which program can get you there. All of the 5 star athletes that flocked to Kentucky and Kansas over the years did not go to those schools because they loved the endless vision of corn fields, quiet moonlit stars at night, hillbilly music, and fully clothed marriage material women.

We need to convince Kiyan that although we are in rebuild mode, we have a plan to get guys of his caliber (like Freeman and White) to the next level. We have to let him know that he is an instant starter and will have the green light to shoot.

If the ultimate goal is to get to the NBA, all that matters is which program can get you there. All of the 5 star athletes that flocked to Kentucky and Kansas over the years did not go to those schools because they loved the endless vision of corn fields, quiet moonlit stars at night, hillbilly music, and fully clothed marriage material women.

We need to convince Kiyan that although we are in rebuild mode, we have a plan to get guys of his caliber (like Freeman and White) to the next level. We have to let him know that he is an instant starter and will have the green light to shoot.
Agree, but is Kiyan a Day 1 starter? I always pictured him as playing meaningful minutes off the bench his first year and starting his second year, but I also know he's rapidly gotten better. So starting Sadiq and Kiyan and then 3 older guys, most likely including at least 2 from the portal?

Agree, but is Kiyan a Day 1 starter? I always pictured him as playing meaningful minutes off the bench his first year and starting his second year, but I also know he's rapidly gotten better. So starting Sadiq and Kiyan and then 3 older guys, most likely including at least 2 from the portal?
I don't necessarily believe that Kiyan should be a day one starter unless it is earned and if he is better than another position player. But, being a top 50 player, 4 to 5 star, and Melo's son, I would think there's some sort of ego and an expectation to start. Starting can be symbolic and doesn't mean he will get starter minutes.