Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point, no. Behind the scenes it has been 'Zona for a while now. But Miami has made a serious late push! Things change...
I read on Verbal Commits that Randolph signed his LOI already.

So maybe the weather was a big factor for him?

Still Walker didn't go to UK, he didn't go to Duke, KU or AZ. I have to think if we had offered 2 years ago and made him a priority we could have landed him.

Very surprised, thought it would have been Zona but they have a lot of wings but thought for sure if it wasn't Zona it was Nova. He'll do very well in Miami though

swm.png
Didn't see that coming.

This is literally bizarre - I know they have a good coach and a decent team but UM literally has zero support for the basketball team - why would a 5 star kid go this far to play for a school that has no basketball community and a very average program

This is literally bizarre - I know they have a good coach and a decent team but UM literally has zero support for the basketball team - why would a 5 star kid go this far to play for a school that has no basketball community and a very average program

Historically average, but on the uptick under Larranaga--who is an outstanding coach.

As for intrinsic reasons--weather, girls, etc.

better than a conference rival. Shiddddd
Yeah really...now we are gonna have to play against him! Better him go to Arizona, where we wouldn't have to worry about him lighting us up in conference play!!

Status
Not open for further replies.