Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also surprised. If they just had some 2 guard go as a top 5 pick or something that would even be something. The more I watch this years team play the more I think Tyus will be back next year so a 3 guard rotation of Quade, Tyus and Frank should be pretty good. Then we play Hami at the 3.

That tattoo on her foot looks familiar. . . . . . . . perhaps I'm watching too much Pron.[/QUOTE
No you just have a serious foot fetish if you have to look there

He says his decision didn't come down to weather... but coaching played a big role. What does that say? Coach L > Coach Boeheim. No. Is it the issue of JB's pending retirement? He did say he looked hard into 2/wing players on rosters and who are coming in. SU will more than likely be wide open there next season, but he still picked Miami. :noidea:

He says his decision didn't come down to weather... but coaching played a big role. What does that say? Coach L > Coach Boeheim. No. Is it the issue of JB's pending retirement? He did say he looked hard into 2/wing players on rosters and who are coming in. SU will more than likely be wide open there next season, but he still picked Miami. :noidea:
Coaching:

He also must prefer Larranaga over Wright and Miller.

Nothing wrong with picking Larranaga over Boeheim, imo. He's as solid as it gets, imo.

Cuse did themselves no favors when he killed it at our elite camp last year and never received an offer until this past spring. Then recently as September, he states that he wouldn't hear from SU for periods of time smh. Miami has done well recently with Team Final products such as Davon Reed and JaQuan Newton. So the connections and familiarity was there. FWIW the staff was actually hopeful that if he came on the official visit as expected that we could've had a serious shot to get him at the end. Oh well...:(

Cuse did themselves no favors when he killed it at our elite camp last year and never received an offer until this past spring. Then recently as September, he states that he wouldn't hear from SU for periods of time smh. Miami has done well recently with Team Final products such as Davon Reed and JaQuan Newton. So the connections and familiarity was there. FWIW the staff was actually hopeful that if he came on the official visit as expected that we could've had a serious shot to get him at the end. Oh well...:(

Have to wonder what the staff is thinking at times it seems...sigh.

Always felt the staff thought he would go to Nova so didn't pursue him hard. We just never read this kid right for some reason. Never treated him as a priority...and he knew it.

IMG_20170117_215112.jpg

When high level basketball recruits from NE pick Miami over Cuse something's happening that's not good.
I feel like Miami is getting all the kids that we should've been getting. Newton, Reed, now Walker.

How does a 5-star kid like this kill it at the SU camp and then not get an immediate offer? What was that all about?!?

I feel like Miami is getting all the kids that we should've been getting. Newton, Reed, now Walker.

How does a 5-star kid like this kill it at the SU camp and then not get an immediate offer? What was that all about?!?

He was a STRONG Nova lean for forever.

They won the NC this year - and couldn't land him.

Maybe he just wanted to go someplace warm for college?
Larranaga is an excellent coach.

Chill out on questioning the staff my man.;)

Let's just assume that - in an alternate universe - we DID offer him right away.

Would anything likely have changed?

Other than, us being even more bummed because we were that much more invested in him, only to get blown off (and imagine how Nova feels - he basically pulled a Quade on them) right at the end.

Let's just assume that - in an alternate universe - we DID offer him right away.

Other than, us being even more bummed because we were that much more invested in him, only to get blown off (and imagine how Nova feels - he basically pulled a Quade on them) right at the end.
I guess you didn't pay much attention to his recruitment. He didn't pull a Quade on Nova fans when everybody thought that he was going to Zona for about the last two months in his recruitment. One of his main reasons that he stated for picking Miami, is the fact that he said they were one of his first offers and that they recruited him very hard for years. SU on the other hand went weeks/months without contacting him. Once again that was his words, not mine.

Nova doesn't feel too bad. They're shining up their hardware and they are stacked, this year and beyond. Walker didn't even screw then over at the end. Jay Wright thought Walker was going to Arizona. He told someone I know that Walker was going to Arizona at their Midnight Madness, even with Lonnie in attendance. Then Lonnie decided on Miami.

I guess you didn't pay much attention to his recruitment. He didn't pull a Quade on Nova fans when everybody thought that he was going to Zona for about the last two months in his recruitment. One of his main reasons that he stated for picking Miami, is the fact that he said they were one of his first offers and that they recruited him very hard for years. SU on the other hand went weeks/months without contacting him. Once again that was his words, not mine.

Nobody pays as much attention as you do. ;)
I've got a full-time job, and it's not following SU hoops recruiting.

OK, whatever. So, he jilted Zona then.
Multiple schools were disappointed, and we would have been that much moreso had we been more all-in on him, and still not gotten him.
As it was, apparently we were a distant 3rd, at best. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.