Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Walker didn't show for the bball game last night, pretty much says it all. For next year we can look at a 5th yr free agent and select SG targets in 2018 class.

What if I told you we are still very much in the hunt for Hami Diallo and/or Jordan Tucker? I honestly think we are going to get one of those 2 guys...let's not lose hope for 2017 yet

What if I told you we are still very much in the hunt for Hami Diallo and/or Jordan Tucker? I honestly think we are going to get one of those 2 guys...let's not lose hope for 2017 yet

I would agree with you (if Diallo doesn't NBA it) and its not out of the question that we could get both.

If Walker didn't show for the bball game last night, pretty much says it all. For next year we can look at a 5th yr free agent and select SG targets in 2018 class.

As far as I'm concerned, Gerry hasn't shown that he can recruit at this level. This has been a very disappointing cycle.

As far as I'm concerned, Gerry hasn't shown that he can recruit at this level. This has been a very disappointing cycle.

Boo on you. Just too early to say anything like that. Additionally, with the caliber of player GMac got assigned to recruit this year, what recruiter in the nation could do better than 40% in landing those guys. By all accounts, Gerry is going to beat Calipari, Coach K, and Jay Wright straight up head to head for Green. Will you change your story if/when that happens? Or have some reason to discount it?

Isn't SU still limited to tw0 coaches who can recruit on the road? So, Hopkins and.....

Hard to fault GM in that case.

I would really like to see Lonnie Walker come and play for Syracuse. If he did, then that would lift the dark cloud from Francis' head where he felt Syracuse would never get anyone that he really like. I am hoping not just for Francis' sake that this is the year where it is different.

Please. Must we endure further noisome invectives? You've belched forth a gallimaufry of bloviations both misguided and unattested on sundry topics here.

Bask in Brissett's commitment. The staff isn't mudlarking here.

Isn't SU still limited to tw0 coaches who can recruit on the road? So, Hopkins and...

Hard to fault GM in that case.

Hasn't been Hop mostly stayed on campus and it's been Autry and Gerry? And hasn't Gerry had most of these kids as his contacts?

Annoying post.

Sorry, but when was the last time we needed 7 guys and we had no commitments with the early signing period underway? I mean, seriously? I've been following this stuff for a long time, and it's not like we just started recruiting top guys this past year.

Please. Must we endure further noisome invectives? You've belched forth a gallimaufry of bloviations both misguided and unattested on sundry topics here.

Bask in Brissett's commitment. The staff isn't mudlarking here.
Outstanding!

Walker canceled SU visit and may not reschedule.
What a shame if that is the case. He would have a Ton of playing time if he came here. Guess that does not mean as much any more.

What a shame if that is the case. He would have a Ton of playing time if he came here. Guess that does not mean as much any more.
I think we're more in play for Hami...and it has some effect on others.

Seems Walker has always been a lock for Nova. Good bye and good luck. We'll be fine.
True statement, Syracuse BB will be fine with whomever we get. It is always best when a player wants to play and opts for Syracuse.

Redshirt players are still on scholarship.
That's a common misconception.
It wouldn't help their situation.

They would need multiple players to leave via NBA draft, transfer, or "walk on" like Drummond did at UConn.

Don't understand how Zona can get so many top guys, and we have PT galore to offer and we've still yet to land a single one?
You don't understand why 18 year old kids that get to choose a place to spend a season before the NBA are deciding to go to Arizona and not Syracuse, New York?

Status
Not open for further replies.