Class of 2021 - SG Lucas Taylor (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (6/4/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SG Lucas Taylor (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (6/4/24)

Who said anything about overachieving? The guys we signed were all in the 100-200 range I believe. Again, our starting lineup is set, we don’t have a large amount of nil and we aren’t the perennial top 25 we used to be. Guys may choose to go other places for more nil or more playing time. If they’re offered more money or definite time that we can’t match, how is that a failure to close. You can only close when you have someone on the verge of acceptance, not just someone you want. Again, we’re not Kentucky or Duke.

Too many posters here seem to be living in the past, when we were an NCAA tournament fixture. Our rep with kids isn’t what it used to be. Just brcause we’re interested in someone doesn’t mean we automatically have an inside track.
You’re pretty negative for a walk on…. I kid. Sort of.

No, thanks.

His initial portal offer/interest list.

Georgia State transfer Lucas Taylor has received interest from the following programs, he tells
@ThePortalReport:

George Mason
Arizona State
Santa Clara
St. John’s
George Washington
Oregon State
New Mexico
UTSA
ETSU
St. Louis

If those are the teams we're battling with for players... yeah.
And we’re vastly better than them why? We’re a mid level team in a 4th or 5th rated conference who hasn’t seen the NCAAs in 4 years, or the top 25 in 10. If Pitino’s after him he must have some talent.

I don't get the double down with this kid. The kid from Yale scored double figures in games against Gonzaga, Colgate, Kansas, and Auburn so there's already evidence he can play against elite competition and he went 72-159 from 3. He's instantly be our best shooter.. There's zero evidence Taylor can play against top competition.

I don't get the double down with this kid. The kid from Yale scored double figures in games against Gonzaga, Colgate, Kansas, and Auburn so there's already evidence he can play against elite competition and he went 72-159 from 3. He's instantly be our best shooter.. There's zero evidence Taylor can play against top competition.
Who's the Yaley? I don't even know who's getting mentioned here.

I guess maybe he thinks he could start somewhere.
Me thinks it’s a combination if this and Taylor could possibly give some more versatility.

It’s easier to sell Taylor on a bench role where he could fill In at multiple positions where as Mahoney can really only play one position and I’d imagine is looking for a bigger role than he probably could get here.

I’m not sure I can handle the stress of relying on another guy with a Taylor on his jersey to take shots. Still too much PTSD from last season.

The one thing I like about LT more than AM is that it looks like he has better position versatility being able to slide to the 3 in a small ball lineup.

If he comes here I’d see him being Chris Bells backup and playing much more time at 3 than the 2.

We need someone that can spell Chris other than Donnie, especially since it seems the staff will be going with a lot Westry at Point.

The one thing I like about LT more than AM is that it looks like he has better position versatility being able to slide to the 3 in a small ball lineup.

If he comes here I’d see him being Chris Bells backup and playing much more time at 3 than the 2.

We need someone that can spell Chris other than Donnie, especially since it seems the staff will be going with a lot Westry at Point.

Moore? Westry?

I watched Lucas play a lot last year. Very good shooter/slasher, seems like a good teammate. My main issue is that he never met a shot he didn't like. Now, he does make a lot of them, but he can be a bit of a ballstopper on offense. Could be what he was asked to do - he wasn't surrounded by a ton of talent, and I'm not sure the coaches knew how to game plan offensively, so it might not have been hos choice.
So he’s Judah??

So he’s Judah??
Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

Moore? Westry?
Honestly I hope that Westry is as advertised and starts at point, which would make Carlos backup.

And Moore seems to be more of a pure two and even if he can slide over he’s still more of unknown commodity than Taylor who who still is better suited to slide over at the 3.

Honestly I hope that Westry is as advertised and starts at point, which would make Carlos backup.

And Moore seems to be more of a pure two and even if he can slide over he’s still more of unknown commodity than Taylor who who still is better suited to slide over at the 3.
This isn't directed at you, just a general comment.

I think people need to stop being so locked into traditional roles / positions. I expect to see lineups where we're playing guys like Chance / JJ / Moore at the same time. Maybe even alongside Bell, who I'm sure most would agree is a traditional 3.

Which one is the 1? The 2? The 3?

Not sure that it matters in the modern era.

Again, just a general comment -- not really directed at your post. I expect Moore and Westry to man the "3" at various times, just based upon the lineup. But not sure that it really matters.

Carlos will handle the ball. So will JJ. So will Chance. And so will Cuffe. Positional versatility will create lots of funky small ball lineups.

I see a lot of fans saying this, Westry is not a PG. You could classify him as a CG or SF but hes not a PG. Can he play there for time periods, sure. Im pretty high on Carlos because of the fit, scoring big, elite shooter, JJ, high ceiling PF.

I think people need to stop being so locked into traditional roles / positions. I expect to see lineups where we're playing guys like Chance / JJ / Moore at the same time. Maybe even alongside Bell, who I'm sure most would agree is a traditional 3.

Again, just a general comment -- not really directed at your post. I expect Moore and Westry to man the "3" at various times, just based upon the lineup. But not sure that it really matters.

Carlos will handle the ball. So will JJ. So will Chance. And so will Cuffe. Positional versatility will create lots of funky small ball lineups.
A line up of Moore, JJ, Chance and Bell would have to get murdered on the boards, wouldn't they?

Right - which is why when you talk about Lampkin facilitating it adds another element to the offense as well. We shouldn’t be locked into scoring in just a couple of ways and be able to do some more things especially in the half court.

A line up of Moore, JJ, Chance and Bell would have to get murdered on the boards, wouldn't they?

Probably but hey- we’ve not see 2 of those 4 in an orange uniform in a game that counts so who knows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom