Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch)

I think it's great he's able to do this, but I am shocked this is occuring. School is closed. School is out. Who is opening the gym for him in the morning to get the workout in?

I think it's great he's able to do this, but I am shocked this is occuring. School is closed. School is out. Who is opening the gym for him in the morning to get the workout in?

Granted Covid may have changed things, but back when I was in high school (and for several years after I had graduated), we could simply contact the school and let them know we wanted to use the gym and assuming nobody else was using it at the time, they had no problem with sending someone to the school to open it up for us.

Could also simply be his coach opening it up for him.

Asking the important questions lol

Part of it is I am a little curious given COVID and the strict mandates about school closures in NY right now.

Part of it is I'm a hater who is jealous that my High School coaches/PE teachers would rather go golfing and play Quickdraw than open a gym or athletic facilities for me. ;)

Regardless, good to see the kid is getting his work in, and that some adult is supporting him in that endeavor.

Granted Covid may have changed things, but back when I was in high school (and for several years after I had graduated), we could simply contact the school and let them know we wanted to use the gym and assuming nobody else was using it at the time, they had no problem with sending someone to the school to open it up for us.

How dare taxpayers/dependents use facilities

Dare I say greatest athlete from Lew-Port HS since Daryl Johnston? Pretty fair assumption.
Fun fact: Wake Forest HC for football Dave Clawson is from Lewiston-Porter HS.

It appears Clawson was a former teammate. Graduated a year or two after Moose. According to Wiki he played at Williams. Must be a smart guy. So I am sure he is smart enough to know Roddy has higher aspirations than Wake.

Ok this is weird. They have another alumni named Jim Johnstone. He played 23 games in the NBA after being drafted by the Kansas City. Where did he go to college. Wake Forest, of course. Small world or a big coincidence.

Another fun fact...Moose’s mother was the first administrative person I met walking into NCCC (Niagara County Community College) to wrestle. I forget her exact role, but I came into her office and there was nothing but pics of him with the Cowboys and some at Cuse. I forget my exact question, but it was something about if she was a Cowboys fan or something. She was like, no...that’s my son Daryl.
It was kinda crazy. She walked me though some paperwork. Ha.

I said it before and I'll say it again, out of the top guard recruits, I like Roddy the best. My dream '22 class is Roddy, JJ, and either Lands or Walker. Mix in a PF/C that can develop behind Anselem, Ajak and Edwards (assuming they're still there). I believe each player above represents a need especially at PG since it's likely Dior is a one and done. A '23 backcourt of JJ and Roddy would be ELITE.

Every school I go to have secretaries and custodians working year round... The secretary will decide if you are allowed in, and then get the custodian to open it up. A highly recruited student athlete would usually be admitted. Hell, even a second team all county (yours truly) got in when requested.

The Covid questions still need to be answered.

Jordan Nwora is from Buffalo. Roddy is from Youngstown. That is around 25 miles north of Buffalo. Maybe they know each other, maybe they have played together?

Jordan Nwora is from Buffalo. Roddy is from Youngstown. That is around 25 miles north of Buffalo. Maybe they know each other, maybe they have played together?

I would say very likely that they know one another or their camps have some sort of relationship. However I think this is more of he is a big time recruit and they had luck last time they came to WNY

4:38 mark talks Syracuse...
- Johnny Flynn
- used to talk a lot to Dior but hasn't recently
Well spoken young man. I wonder why Dior has stopped talking to him? Is he a one egg kind of guy?

Well spoken young man. I wonder why Dior has stopped talking to him? Is he a one egg kind of guy?
Yeah I wonder what the time frame for this is? Cus they could’ve been closer when Dior was atill staying in NY so it’d make sense .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom