Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly regarded high school player who couldn't get off the bench at KU but really turned into a solid player at Nebraska. I agree totally - go after him!
Was tough for him to get minutes at KU because they had Ben McLemore in his freshman year, and then Andrew Wiggins in his sophomore year.

Also with White, we're talking about a player from Virginia. A state that was for many years home for Red Autry. He already got us Gillon, now lets hope he can get us this guy.
Good call on the Virginia thing. I noticed that he was from Virginia when I browsed his recruiting profile too. It'd be pretty silly for us not to pursue him.

Also with White, we're talking about a player from Virginia. A state that was for many years home for Red Autry. He already got us Gillon, now lets hope he can get us this guy.

Yeah, I tweeted that too about the Red/ Virginia thing. Also, Frank Howard is from Virginia too. We really need to become a player here. If we somehow manage to get him and that other possibility, we'd really be in business.

Yep. He'd get minutes as a shooter we desperately need. No guarantees, but 20-25 minutes are possible as a swing man.
Yeah, he's definitely big enough to play the wing as well. With his averages from last year, it'd be hard to not give him a pretty big role.

Yeah, he's definitely big enough to play the wing as well. With his averages from last year, it'd be hard to not give him a pretty big role.

My concern was that at 6'7" he might not be mobile enough to play up top of our zone but Francis said that wouldn't be an issue.

iommi said:
Yep. He'd get minutes as a shooter we desperately need. No guarantees, but 20-25 minutes are possible as a swing man.

Unfortunately I think we'll have to offer guarantees. He was 6th leading scorer in Big 10 and declared for draft.

Does anyone know what we promised Gillon? This could get Battle back to PG if we didn't promise Gillon the starting role at PG. We can then promise White the starting role at the 2 to start the year. This would be a huge get at this point, in my mind bigger than Yurt7.

At 6'7" this guy could fill the Mali role in a non-starting capacity. What I mean by that, is being a guy who could play both the 2 and 3. He would get more mins that way, similar to last year, where Robey and Lydon man the 4-5. I've had a feeling that unless Chukwu really comes on, we will still see a lot of Lydon at the 5 next year.

Was tough for him to get minutes at KU because they had Ben McLemore in his freshman year, and then Andrew Wiggins in his sophomore year.

That's a good point Francis. I should have clarified that it wasn't like he couldn't beat out Larry. Moe and Curly to get minutes at KU. He was just stuck behind some really good players.

I should have clarified that it wasn't like he couldn't beat out Larry. Moe and Curly to get minutes at KU. He was just stuck behind some really good players.

I don't know, I mean Mo just won a championship and I think made an all-star team...
image.jpeg

...Curly absolutely killed it on the amateur circuit...
image.jpeg

...and Larry is a legend.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online