Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might feel warm and fuzzy, but it wouldn't bring the best out of TR on the court.

TR needs the carrot on offense and the stick on defense/rebounding. But JB has only one tack. Maybe he can allow Hop to be the positive reinforcer. The problem with Roberson's jumper are twofold: A) he doesn't always fully square with his feet; and 2) he doesn't truly believe he's going to make it, and feels bad when he misses... Wait — which thread are we in?

ANDREW WHITE!

Didn't Izzo say a couple of weeks ago that he would have his roster set by the end of next week (which I believe would have been last week)?

Not surprised one bit. It actually makes sense and he's smart to explore all options with so many schools reportedly interested. Doesn't mean he won't choose us in the end. But if he wants to make sure he's making the right decision, who can blame him?

Seems rather bush league.

It does seem odd but not sure its Bush league. The Big 10 has decided for whatever reason to allow intra-conference transfers. I find it odd that the schools would allow that but each league is able to implement its own policy so I can't blame them for taking advantage of it.

78f997593601aeeefae0189cfa1bb81c8d414e90.png

It does seem odd but not sure its Bush league. The Big 10 has decided for whatever reason to allow intra-conference transfers. I find it odd that the schools would allow that but each league is able to implement its own policy so I can't blame them for taking advantage of it.

I'm guessing it has to do with the size of conferences now. Some schools only play each other once in basketball and go years without playing in football.

He posted "I am now 100% sure he is coming." Why would a 100% commit take a visit to Michigan State? Perhaps we have different definitions of 100%. I'll "pump the brakes" - but let's all pump the brakes on comparisons to the great John Syracuse, who's name should be spoken only with the highest reverance.

Perhaps you should be asking Taurean Thompson this instead of me. Due diligence maybe?

For all we know he could have been 100% committed to coming here, and then decided to take one last visit before making it official to be sure that this is the place for him. Additionally, recruits reneg on commitments all of the time. Again, none of this means that his information was wrong, it just means that things have taken an unexpected turn. This is recruiting.

He posted "I am now 100% sure he is coming." Why would a 100% commit take a visit to Michigan State? Perhaps we have different definitions of 100%. I'll "pump the brakes" - but let's all pump the brakes on comparisons to the great John Syracuse, who's name should be spoken only with the highest reverance.
While your sarcasm is duly noted, why shoot the messenger? He and a few others were reporting the same thing. Clearly White seemed a 100% sure himself (if coaches were) ... until Izzo convinced him to visit. The percentage is down is all.

Wondering if White is taking another visit just to get more publicity and get his name out there more?-it would make sense. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

While your sarcasm is duly noted, why shoot the messenger? He and a few others were reporting the same thing. Clearly White seemed a 100% sure himself (if coaches were) ... until Izzo convinced him to visit. The percentage is down is all.

Indeed. Had he posted "95% sure" rather than 100%, that wiggle room would've made this Michigan State news less of a jolt. By definition, White was never 100%. If he's 100% then there is 0% chance of being convinced by Izzo to do anything. If he's 99%, then yes, anything can happen in recruiting.

Indeed. Had he posted "95% sure" rather than 100%, that wiggle room would've made this Michigan State news less of a jolt. By definition, White was never 100%. If he's 100% then there is 0% chance of being convinced by Izzo to do anything. If he's 99%, then yes, anything can happen in recruiting.

1/4 of your posts are dogging on someone that actually has good intel. Did this news harm you or your family in any way? No? Ok then, take a step back.

False logic here. One can be sure of something 100% one minute, then change their mind the next. You know, lots of people were once 100% sure Earth was flat.

Ryand877 said:
Wondering if White is taking another visit just to get more publicity and get his name out there more?-it would make sense. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
It makes a lot of sense actually. I'm amazed that our fans think our recruits shouldn't do their homework. This guy is trying to get to the NBA.

MSU has a bunch of guards and SF/sized forwards on the roster. I'm not sure which ones are expected to play however and some I've never heard of so they are likely walk-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom