Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Does anyone know if he has any offers yet? I'd love to hear where he winds up, so I can follow his career.

Edit: I see he has an offer from Dartmouth. That would be great.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if he has any offers yet? I'd love to hear where he winds up, so I can follow his career.

Edit: I see he has an offer from Dartmouth. That would be great.
I believe that is his brother that has the offer from Dartmouth.

JoeySimz said:
Is it true that children of university employees get a full ride? If so, couldn't we get Buddy as a walk-on and save a scholarship? That is if the staff wants him and he wants to come here.

Tuition free only.

Worth keeping an eye on. He can play.
Do you know how tall he is now? I have seen him listed at 6'4", but he seems a bit taller than that.

Wow. It's tough to score 90 points in a HS game. Is JD a state title contender this year?

I think Albany Academy is the best team in class A. That's where Hameir Wright is currently at. JD is good though. My brother in-law is a HS coach in Section 2(Albany Area) and is confident that Buddy is better than Girard.

NYSSWA 2016-17 boys basketball rankings

Here are the current state rankings. Grimes is currently the top ranked school in Class A in Section 3.

I'm confused. What is the difference between A and AA. It's been a long time since I followed CNY high school sports, but there are schools listed on both lists that I would think are/were similar size schools so they don't obviously appear to me to be broken out by size?

Is it true that children of university employees get a full ride? If so, couldn't we get Buddy as a walk-on and save a scholarship? That is if the staff wants him and he wants to come here.

Like we need to save scholarships. Before sanctions JB never used 13 scholarship players, now after having been through the reduced scholarship limits from the sanctions he'll probably never go beyond 11 maybe 12 again.

I'm confused. What is the difference between A and AA. It's been a long time since I followed CNY high school sports, but there are schools listed on both lists that I would think are/were similar size schools so they don't obviously appear to me to be broken out by size?

There's two C divisions is some sections as well. The winner of each division then plays for the overall sectional title then that winner goes to Reginald which is before the state final four.

I suspect at one point(10 years ago) there were a lot of A and B sized schools in NYS and the state athletic associate took the big B's and small A's to create the A division, then the bigger A's like CNS, Shen, Albany, Schnectady were moved up to double AA.

Class AA 910+
Class A 480-909
Class B 280-479
Class C 170-279
Class D 169-below

the pressure to perform and produce would be extreme and exaggerated wherever he decides to play. but 10x worse at syracuse.

Class AA 910+
Class A 480-909
Class B 280-479
Class C 170-279
Class D 169-below
Schools can voluntarily move up to higher classifications. Some of the parochial, and probably private, schools do so. (Of course, the non-public schools recruit throughout their areas.)

Expect him to head to New Hampton next year.

I expect him to finish out his Senior year at JD next year (and win JD two more State titles). He can head to New Hampton for 2018-19 if he wants to.

I expect him to finish out his Senior year at JD next year (and win JD two more State titles). He can head to New Hampton for 2018-19 if he wants to.
Sorry, don't think that is going to happen.

Class AA 910+
Class A 480-909
Class B 280-479
Class C 170-279
Class D 169-below

Or you are Bishop Ludden and have to play AA when you have maybe 90 kids in each graduating class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom