Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Some might think Bishop Ludden's enrollment is based on the total number of students in Section III because they are open to "accepting" any of them into their program

Which might possibly impact when JB retires.
It could actually be for a post graduate year. I just know, that he said the other kids might go since they are so happy with New Hampton. I'm a New Hampton grad and that is how the conversation came about.

Or you are Bishop Ludden and have to play AA when you have maybe 90 kids in each graduating class.
That happens to successful private schools. Try being CBA playing AA football, with 450 kids in your HS playing in state playoffs vs. schools with 2,500+

McKinney really is a great coach. The turnaround at Grimes is very impressive. Too bad JD made that decision.

That happens to successful private schools. Try being CBA playing AA football, with 450 kids in your HS playing in state playoffs vs. schools with 2,500+
They tried to shame a local school district superintendent who was a CBA alum to sponser a player a few years back.They guy said" what, are you crazy presurring me as a super" to do this? First hand convo as he was my coach in high school also.

Being able to 'recruit' helps. I think the private schools get to pretty much pick which class to play in, right?

You can opt to move up, but not down.

Thought so. I think you can move a class below where the enrollment would place you, too, but you can't compete in the postseason. I know they're not private, but it was either Watertown or Oswego that did this in football 6 or 7 years ago.

Had a chance to see the Grimes-JD game on December 23. Buddy went for 30-15-7 I believe. No disrespect to the other players on JD, however, Buddy is without a doubt "The Guy."

Strengths: Pure shooter, composure, willing passer, battles on the boards, basketball IQ is high, will do whatever it takes to win

Needs work: Overall strength and explosiveness, Tighten the handle, More attention to the defensive-end

Buddy's skill level is very high and there of course is room for improvement at his young age. There is no question he has great work ethic coming from his family and by watching his game. Will be an exciting player to follow through the recruiting process.

I've seen him play in person a handful of times. His form reminds me of Lydon.

Gotta love that shooting form.

looks like a great high school player but in that video clearly plays way below the rim. Stands out big time. Doesn't look a Cuse prospect to me unless he's a lights out shooter.

Gotta remember Cooney played WELL above the rim and was a great shooter. Andy, even though he wasn't above the rim, didnt play well below the rim like Buddy seems to in this video. and you can recall that even with GMAC - hopkins mentioned the 1st time Boeheim saw him Gerry had a big 2 handed slam

looks like a great high school player but in that video clearly plays way below the rim. Stands out big time. Doesn't look a Cuse prospect to me unless he's a lights out shooter.

Gotta remember Cooney played WELL above the rim and was a great shooter. Andy, even though he wasn't above the rim, didnt play well below the rim like Buddy seems to in this video. and you can recall that even with GMAC - hopkins mentioned the 1st time Boeheim saw him Gerry had a big 2 handed slam

He will play AAU for the City Rocks this upcoming sumerry so we will see how he does against the rest of the country's top talent. Funny you mentioned Rautins because neither he or Triche were this dominant at JD.

He will play AAU for the City Rocks this upcoming sumerry so we will see how he does against the rest of the country's top talent. Funny you mentioned Rautins because neither he or Triche were this dominant at JD.

yeah, the more i think about it, Rautins def played below the rim but he was a pure shooter and also a pure shooting guard - is Buddy that good of a shooter? (i don't know the answer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom