Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I hope some of you guys have your life insurance up to date as I'm not sure you'll survive if Tucker chooses Tech. Somehow life will still go on for the rest of us.

Crazy cuse fans. But like I said before at least we have a fan base. Hard to find a bigger and stronger fan base then what we have. I remember being on vacation in Aruba in 2013 when we made the final 4 and I could NOT believe the amount of cuse fans that were on vacation at that time..it was awesome. So many packed the bar at the resort to watch the game...would of been nice to beat Michigan but it was still fun! Point being we have a unreal fan base that supports college basketball! Gt will never have that

He is clearly waiting for something he doesn't have yet. He knows what GT offers been there multiple times. He knows what Cuse offers been here multiple times. So ...

This isn't logical. I mean sure it could be true, but it is like seeing a light in the sky and jumping to the conclusion that it is an alien space ship. There's lots of other explanations! If you are married, did you make that decision after the first or second (or 10th) date? You knew what she had to offer and you had dated others so you knew what they had to offer, thus every day you delayed after, say 2 months, was just you being a diva? Hardly.

He has until May 17th, right?
I am not an expert on this. That may be signing day, but you don't have to decide by then. Thompson didn't commit until late summer last year.

That's fine as long as our fans realize we are going to have one of the worst shooting teams in the conference next year without Tucker...

Last year we were expecting the best and hit the worst This year we are expecting the worst and may get the best Who knows? Chemistry makes up for a lot of flaws

This isn't logical. I mean sure it could be true, but it is like seeing a light in the sky and jumping to the conclusion that it is an alien space ship. There's lots of other explanations! If you are married, did you make that decision after the first or second (or 10th) date? You knew what she had to offer and you had dated others so you knew what they had to offer, thus every day you delayed after, say 2 months, was just you being a diva? Hardly.

I knew I would marry my wife on my second date. She on the other hand probably still wondering why...

I knew I would marry my wife on my second date. She on the other hand probably still wondering why...

OK, perfect - but when did you propose? I'll bet it wasn't on that 3rd date! And that doesn't mean you were dragging it out to gain attention or to make her twist in the wind.

OK, perfect - but when did you propose? I'll bet it wasn't on that 3rd date! And that doesn't mean you were dragging it out to gain attention or to make her twist in the wind.

To make her twist in the wind. Did want to purpose until I knew she would say YES. It is totally different. JT already has a YES from us in the form of a scholarship offer.

To make her twist in the wind. Did want to purpose until I knew she would say YES. It is totally different. JT already has a YES from us in the form of a scholarship offer.

You should have had an "in home" with somebody else to really put the pressure on her to say yes! That's how you do it!

Good post and like a few others have said, should have told him you need to commit by a certain date or we are going to either move on or look at other top prospects.

You don't spend years chasing someone, then give him a deadline. Like Tyus Battle, Quade had all the leverage since the staff was all in on him before he blew up.

Did he make the decision not to recruit Tucker for 6 months?

Maybe we should give GMac (and jb) credit for getting us back into it and in his final 2 after we chose to kick the kid to the curb for 6+ months. Tucker even said in that interview yesterday he hears from SU every day.

Maybe we should give GMac (and jb) credit for getting us back into it and in his final 2 after we chose to kick the kid to the curb for 6+ months. Tucker even said in that interview yesterday he hears from SU every day.

But we should have been on him all the time, if we lose him its because we backed off in the first place.

That's a great point...

But we should have been on him all the time, if we lose him its because we backed off in the first place.
That is my whole thing. Also if he didn't take his time we would have never gotten back in. It worked out for us. You stopped recruiting a kid for 1/2 a year and you still make his final 2. We are right there. Hopefully he picks us. If he doesn't though I'm not sure you can blame him for anything he has done. I don't feel the same way about Quade.

There was a reason(s) that SU backed off him and that changed after the staff shakeup. Same with Frank Howard.

I think quite few things changed (possibly for the better and possibly not) when Hop went to Washington. This is definitely one of them.

That is my whole thing. Also if he didn't take his time we would have never gotten back in. It worked out for us. You stopped recruiting a kid for 1/2 a year and you still make his final 2. We are right there. Hopefully he picks us. If he doesn't though I'm not sure you can blame him for anything he has done. I don't feel the same way about Quade.

Being right there doesn't do anything for us, we need this kid.

There was a reason(s) that SU backed off him and that changed after the staff shakeup. Same with Frank Howard.

I think quite few things changed (possibly for the better and possibly not) when Hop went to Washington. This is definitely one of them.

I don't know why we backed off him, maybe someone can pm me if it can't be discussed on here.

Ok?? Why did we back off and what does that have to do with our current recruitment if him?

Crazy cuse fans. But like I said before at least we have a fan base. Hard to find a bigger and stronger fan base then what we have. I remember being on vacation in Aruba in 2013 when we made the final 4 and I could NOT believe the amount of cuse fans that were on vacation at that time..it was awesome. So many packed the bar at the resort to watch the game...would of been nice to beat Michigan but it was still fun! Point being we have a unreal fan base that supports college basketball! Gt will never have that

Oh, I agree. I used to live in Atlanta as well. I watched John Wallace hit his game winning shot to beat UGA in a Buckhead bar on a rainy night in Georgia. I also went to Turner Field and bought walk up tickets to see the Braves play in the post season. It's a football town. More specifically, a college football town. At least it was when I was there. GT has a small but loyal following. Ask the average Atlantan which college team they support and if they don't answer the Dawgs, they are just as likely to say Michigan as they are Tech.

I hope SU gets him, but I guess I'm a bit more optimistic about SU's prognosis as a team than some. While not getting Tucker would hurt in the short term, I don't view it as a death blow to the program either.