Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I am a Ga Tech guy and have been "lurking" on your board for weeks. I share your respect for the Syracuse program and wish we were not vying for the same recruits. That said, Syracuse is an old world city compared to Atlanta. If you have not been there is the past 20 years you would not recognise the changes. Ga Tech is a green oasis in the city with tons of multiracial and multicultural venues right at its doorstep. The music scene is phenomenal. The food is awesome. And, now that the Falcons are playing pretty well and the Hawks are not too bad, we have a decent sports scene. Ga Tech is trying to be a part of that and Josh Pastner has rekindled the passion long dormant since the Cremins era. No. We are nowhere close to Syracuse in the recent past. But we are turning the corner. Enough with the disrespectful comments about our city and school. I think if you read the Swarm there will nothing disrespectful of the Orange.

Wherever Jordan Tucker decides to play he will get a great education and play in the ACC. He cannot go wrong with the choices he is considering.
The college experience, by and large, happens on campus.

The college experience, by and large, happens on campus.
And honestly...his top ten questions regarding which school he wants to attend probably looks like this:

1)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
2)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
3)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
4)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
5)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
6)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
7)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
8)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
9)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
10)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?

And honestly...his top ten questions regarding which school he wants to attend probably looks like this:

1)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
2)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
3)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
4)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
5)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
6)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
7)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
8)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
9)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
10)Which school can get me to the NBA fastest?
That shouldn't be that hard of a question to answer .

Well, playing games won't matter. Tucker is our guy. If he says no, we go all-out for Sid The Kid. If he says no, uh oh.

Wilson would be a helluva fall back option, if that's how things work out. Pennies from heaven, in fact.

Naturally I hope Tucker chooses Syracuse, but I agree on your assessment of Atlanta. It's a great city. If the programs were closer in status and both produced NBA players at the same rate, and I was Tucker, I'd pick Tech. Syracuse weather sucks. I don't live there anymore. But, Syracuse will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope playing before 35K plus fans in the Dome with a HOF coach is enough. I'm sorry for some of the disrespectful posts toward Ga Tech. There's been a lot of grumbling on this board lately because we've come in second a few times this year on the recruits we've targeted. It can get quite ugly at times. Best wishes.
ATL weather sucks. Muggy as all heck, traffic is a joke, and crime is bad.

That said. I'd live in ATL over Cuse for the experience and opportunity it provides.

ATL weather sucks. Muggy as all heck, traffic is a joke, and crime is bad.

That said. I'd live in ATL over Cuse for the experience and opportunity it provides.
Crime is very real there

We really need Tucker. He adds the shooting we desperately need. Consider this...

We could go from having one of our best shooting teams (White, Gillon, Battle, and Lydon) to our worst shooting team in a long time without Tucker... (Howard, Battle, and maybe Washington)

I REALLY like the idea of locking down Sid, but we need a shooter. Tucker brings that. Our roster balance is out of sync. Can Moyer, Brissett, Sidibe, or Sid hit a long range shot?

I hate that we have to talk grad transfers because as valuable as White and Gillon were last year it was arguably our worst defensive team too. It took those two guys half a season to play adequately (and I'm being generous with that description) on the defensive end.

Anyhow, I hope that Tucker picks Syracuse. But it's seeming less likely to me with all the backup plans in the works now.

This thread would turn historic.

Either way it's going to be great to sit back and read and watch.

I wonder what the longest recruiting thread was for someone that actually committed here. TT has to be close that dragged on forever. The last few recruiting cycles have been incredibly crazy for us.

He loves us, he loves us not ... Sounds like the kid already knows exactly where he's going and is just having fun trying to troll both fanbases. Clearly wants attention and to drum up some suspense for his announcement. Trouble is there's only one fanbase to speak of here. For his sake I hope he picks us, or he'll have to change his twitter/ig handles.

What it all comes down to. For most of these kids, it will be the peak of their lives. They're going to milk it for all its worth.

We really need Tucker. He adds the shooting we desperately need. Consider this...

We could go from having one of our best shooting teams (White, Gillon, Battle, and Lydon) to our worst shooting team in a long time without Tucker... (Howard, Battle, and maybe Washington)

I REALLY like the idea of locking down Sid, but we need a shooter. Tucker brings that. Our roster balance is out of sync. Can Moyer, Brissett, Sidibe, or Sid hit a long range shot?

I hate that we have to talk grad transfers because as valuable as White and Gillon were last year it was arguably our worst defensive team too. It took those two guys half a season to play adequately (and I'm being generous with that description) on the defensive end.

Anyhow, I hope that Tucker picks Syracuse. But it's seeming less likely to me with all the backup plans in the works now.
Maybe he comes here, maybe he does not. Having a backup plan is always a good thing. We have been complaining recently about not having enough back up plans. Not trying to debate, just saying that I don't think having a backup plan is a bad thing or means he is not coming.

Maybe he comes here, maybe he does not. Having a backup plan is always a good thing. We have been complaining recently about not having enough back up plans. Not trying to debate, just saying that I don't think having a backup plan is a bad thing or means he is not coming.

Agreed, but we need a backup plan that includes a guy who can play D and shoot from long range. I wish it weren't so late in the game with dwindling prospects.

Just a hunch, but the only reason I see him visiting Georgia tech for an unofficial visit during a weekday is to commit to them . Could be 100% wrong but that's the feeling I get.
Comment on his twitter that he's visiting this weekend

Did he make the decision not to recruit Tucker for 6 months?

"They" are saying that was Hop's call.

Which may be true, or just genius spin. Either works, if we land him.

Did he make the decision not to recruit Tucker for 6 months?
Listen we all appreciate what Gmac did as a player however at this point as a recruiter i give him a D possibly a C grade. Every situation is different and each school has reasons for either landing or losing recruits. The bottom line is that over the last recruiting cycle GMac has been our lead. The results are what they are.

Listen we all appreciate what Gmac did as a player however at this point as a recruiter i give him a D possibly a C grade. Every situation is different and each school has reasons for either landing or losing recruits. The bottom line is that over the last recruiting cycle GMac has been our lead. The results are what they are.

Because its his fault that Quade was fishing for Duke and UK offers and even when he had the UK offer, he silently verballed to SU even so much as showing up to campus unofficially the week before he flipped.

I think there's failing and then there's your boss not putting you into a position to succeed. I choose the latter in this instance.

Losing Tucker would be a tremendous setback, no matter how anybody would like to spin it. He's a knock down shooter, which we desperately need. He's a strong kid for an incoming frosh, with good size for the back of the zone. Bountiful PT would be available here -- he'd essentially step into a guaranteed starting role, playing on the biggest stage in college basketball.

I certainly won't begrudge him deciding to play at GT -- he'll make whatever choice he feels is best for him.

But if we can't land a guy who originated from NYS, who liked SU a lot, when we can offer a guaranteed starting role, unlimited minutes / shots, etc. against a team where he'd face an uphill climb to get PT, then it might be time to face some hard realities about the current state of our recruiting.

Losing Tucker would be a tremendous setback, no matter how anybody would like to spin it. He's a knock down shooter, which we desperately need. He's a strong kid for an incoming frosh, with good size for the back of the zone. Bountiful PT would be available here -- he'd essentially step into a guaranteed starting role, playing on the biggest stage in college basketball.

I certainly won't begrudge him deciding to play at GT -- he'll make whatever choice he feels is best for him.

But if we can't land a guy who originated from NYS, who liked SU a lot, when we can offer a guaranteed starting role, unlimited minutes / shots, etc. against a team where he'd face an uphill climb to get PT, then it might be time to face some hard realities about the current state of our recruiting.

I agree with just about all of this but I do think Tucker would get plenty of playing time at GT, despite them having a good deal of talent at the forward spot. They really need a shooter too, as they were not a great shooting team last year. I think he'd be in a better position to be The Man at the 3 here but he would get plenty of opportunity to shine at GT too.