Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Is he chilling with Chuck?
lol no. The coaches took him and Hans Brase (grad transfer from Princeton) there. It's part of the tour, the recruits usually sit at the desk, etc. The crew is usually not there bc they mostly visit on the weekend.

lol no. The coaches took him and Hans Brase (grad transfer from Princeton) there. It's part of the tour, the recruits usually sit at the desk, etc. The crew is usually not there bc they mostly visit on the weekend.

Sounds like a 5th grade field trip.

So what do your inside sources say? If you're going to come back to the board you might as well be useful, even if the info turns out to be wrong it's always fun to hear and to be honest I think you do have more knowledge of the situation then others give you credit for.
That is he is a silent commit and will annonce on ESPN after Knox commits to Duke. Also believes that Sid is going to SU over UCONN.

Agree. This is similar to sales. Always need to create a sense of urgency.
I don't buy it. I'm imagining a scenario where the staff gives Green a deadline and he goes elsewhere as a result, and you guys are just as critical.

That is he is a silent commit and will annonce on ESPN after Knox commits to Duke. Also believes that Sid is going to SU over UCONN.
Commit to Tech?

Commit to Tech?
Yes that he just commited to tech on the visit but wants to hold out on going public. But as noted all could change if Knox pulls a fast one to UNC over Duke. It would affect Tucker, MJ Walker, Sid, and more!

Yes that he just commited to tech on the visit but wants to hold out on going public. But as noted all could change if Knox pulls a fast one to UNC over Duke. It would affect Tucker, MJ Walker, Sid, and more!

I thought you said before he was going to Su.

Honestly if it turns out to be true it works out for both teams. GT gets some much needed shooting and SU gets a wing with potential to overpass Tucker in a couple of years.

Yes that he just commited to tech on the visit but wants to hold out on going public. But as noted all could change if Knox pulls a fast one to UNC over Duke. It would affect Tucker, MJ Walker, Sid,
and more!
This makes no sense.

Hold out would mean it's not a verbal. Quade Green told Syracuse the same thing and went to Kentucky.

He either gave a verbal or didn't.

This kid is far from a must get. In my opinion he's soft and there's no way he'd be able to guard college 3s at this time. He's more of a 2. He's not going to be a good rebounder or defender for us. If he chooses tech over cuse then it's obvious he cares more about non basketball things. If that's the case then let tech deal with him partying with rappers and all the other stuff. All he's done is drop in the rankings over the last couple years anyway. There are a lot of Jordan Tucker's out there and Syracuse will be fine with out him. Give me Sid Wilson any day if the week over this kid. Actually give me any of the 18' wings over him.

Of course you do, if they haven't given you a commitment. I take it you never worked in sales.

I don't and I'm glad I don't depend on harrassing people to make a living.

Overall, these kids aren't that nice to where people need to cater to their every need. Does he want to play ball or want extracurricular activities?

My dad who coached high level AAU, sent players to P5 schools and the League got out of it partly because of that reason. Not worth catering to these kids and their parents who believe their superstars before they've done anything worthwhile.

Make sure they take him to the Underground, he will enjoy that.
Did it ever become a thing? They kept telling me when I lived there that the Underground was going to be a fun hang one day.

This makes no sense.

Hold out would mean it's not a verbal. Quade Green told Syracuse the same thing and went to Kentucky.

He either gave a verbal or didn't.
Ummm it makes total sense. He secured his spot with the staff and has plans to make it official after Knox. If Knox sticks to what he is going to do and goes to Duke, Tucker is coming to tech. If not, Duke offers and Tucker goes to Duke. Simple. Very Simple.

Did it ever become a thing? They kept telling me when I lived there that the Underground was going to be a fun hang one day.
No it is usually where most of the crime takes place and a bunch of homeless stay. Plans are in the work to get rid of it and put condos.

ATLien no offense but I have never heard of you since today.
It's fine. Should probably go back in this thread or derail thread lol. Since everyone got on me and called me a troll when I was just sharing information that was sent to me so i stopped posting. Then i just had this sent to me and thought you would like an update on Tuck/Sid even tho this board acts like S- E- C football fans.

I don't buy it. I'm imagining a scenario where the staff gives Green a deadline and he goes elsewhere as a result, and you guys are just as critical.

In that scenario, the staff would still have time to shift gears and continue to actively recruit alternative prospects of similar quality, and avoid getting caught holding the bag.

You don't place a deadline on the recruit at the beginning of the recruiting process -- you do it when he commits to the staff but doesn't announce like Green did, and then drags the proceedings out for months and months after numerous campus visits and lots of reassurances that he's coming but no public announcement. You do it when you have backup prospects lined up so that you're negotiating [to the extent that recruiting is a negotiation] from a position of relative strength, and not getting held hostage by teenaged whim. It also doesn't have to be done confrontationally, but rather to incent closure one way or the other -- which is the goal. Even if it costs you a player here or there.