Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

The incidence of silent verbals seems to be exponentially increasing. I suspect this is so the players can make some kind of splashy announcement on their social media or other places. With SU's media capabilities, would it be a violation to help produce the kid's announcement video or splash image or whatever while they are on an official visit? Then they have a professional glitzy video to post on instagram or the like. It would be yet another unimportant (to us adults) perk that can be thrown at recruits that they would probably love and it would also eliminate the reason to not just officially commit right there on the spot.

That doesn't seem like a great strategy.
Oh, I fully agree. I don't like the situation we're in any more than you. But as a hedge against a meltdown should he spurn us, I'm just trying to trust that we could again end up with a player who would be even more productive for us. One year of an experienced grad trans vs two years of potential before he goes Lydon on us and we build a massive thread telling him how foolish he is to not stay a third year...

It's pretty remarkable how quiet things are. It's not easy to keep a decision like this so close to the vest in this social media/ Internet age. Nothing at all on his visit? I have read a few GT fans saying the visit was nothing more than sorting out academic questions for when JT enrolls.

Guess there's nothing left to do but wait...and speculate.

It's pretty remarkable how quiet things are. It's not easy to keep a decision like this so close to the vest in this social media/ Internet age. Nothing at all on his visit? I have read a few GT fans saying the visit was nothing more than sorting out academic questions for when JT enrolls.

We were saying the same things about Green at one time.

I thought people said he was waiting for Knox to announce. Either that or is waiting for the GT check to clear

I thought people said he was waiting for Knox to announce. Either that or is waiting for the GT check to clear

I'm referring to nothing about how the visit went, nothing from his dad...just...nothing.

Think about how dumb that statement is- SILENT VERBAL

Yes. And used to be almost a meme, but it keeps coming up over and over. I guess private verbal is more appropriate. I still don't know what to think though, whether these are real stated commitments or "interpretations" by certain people of what was discussed.

I'm referring to nothing about how the visit went, nothing from his dad...just...nothing.
Maybe I should have read your entire post. :(. Maybe cause it's crunch time. Who knows.

I have read a few GT fans saying the visit was nothing more than sorting out academic questions for when JT enrolls.
I'm not sure how recruiting visits go, but I think that every school hosting a recruit that's close to a decision (i.e., not when they have a final 17 schools), will go through a detailed academic plan and how they'll integrate with the team. So I'm sure ATLien is right that they discussed all that stuff, but I'm sure SU discussed the same thing with him.

The incidence of silent verbals seems to be exponentially increasing. I suspect this is so the players can make some kind of splashy announcement on their social media or other places. With SU's media capabilities, would it be a violation to help produce the kid's announcement video or splash image or whatever while they are on an official visit? Then they have a professional glitzy video to post on instagram or the like. It would be yet another unimportant (to us adults) perk that can be thrown at recruits that they would probably love and it would also eliminate the reason to not just officially commit right there on the spot.

newhouse project

do a whole interview/highlight package that all involved can use in their demo reels

of course, by year 3 everyone will be doing it

This is interesting because I read that knox and duval both wanted ESPN time for announcement but they couldn't get it.. So I'm going to assume the same will be for tucker even tho there was a report he was trying to get air time.

One guy with 3 posts on their board said he just got off the phone with KennyTheJet and Kenny said JT is going to Syracuse. Sounds credible.

In all seriousness, I don't think anybody has a clue what's going on. My personal belief is that he ends up at Cuse. But any little tidbit is appreciated, iommi.

In all seriousness, I don't think anybody has a clue what's going on. My personal belief is that he ends up at Cuse. But any little tidbit is appreciated, iommi.

I was being sarcastic that it sounded credible.

I have a pet rabbit named Lenny. His fur is normally grey, but today I noticed it has a bit of an orange sheen to it.

JT is coming to Cuse.

I have a pet rabbit named Lenny. His fur is normally grey, but today I noticed it has a bit of an orange sheen to it.

JT is coming to Cuse.
Agree with you. Lenny must be following JT on twitter. Thursday evening he polled his followers to help him choose a jersey number. Choices were 3 or 5. His HS # is 2 but Moyer has that. He wore 5 on his OV, but 3 is now available. He can't have 5 at GT, but he wouldn't need 3 or 5 there because 2 is available. CJB liked that tweet. Why mess w CJB's head. The next morning JT retweeted an Orange fan's plea to come to Cuse where he will always play before packed houses. Why would this kid do this?

Agree with you. Lenny must be following JT on twitter. Thursday evening he polled his followers to help him choose a jersey number. Choices were 3 or 5. His HS # is 2 but Moyer has that. He wore 5 on his OV, but 3 is now available. He can't have 5 at GT, but he wouldn't need 3 or 5 there because 2 is available. CJB liked that tweet. Why mess w CJB's head. The next morning JT retweeted an Orange fan's plea to come to Cuse where he will always play before packed houses. Why would this kid do this?

Trolling us for backing off, he knows how important he is to the 2017 team. I think he's wanted to go to Cuse for a long time! I hope we get him but I'm not as confident as some are

Quade's twitter was very pro-Cuse as well.

Listen, if you're 18 years old and have all these schools vying for your services, of course you're going to retweet things. It shows you're wanted. Hell, if a St. John's fan tweeted Tucker today to come to St. John's he may even retweet that.

Don't recall seeing this posted by Dean Francis on Twitter but really concerns me and maybe a blessing in disguise if he goes to GTech and we end up with Sid-
I'd feel fine about this if I had any confidence we would get Sid. Someone posted yesterday that we've been recruiting like Providence and that is scary accurate.

I want Tucker for the simple fact that it shows JB and co. can still close.

That's because there is no decision yet as he waits on Knox tonight