Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I agree, but it seems like he has been holding out for something better this entire time. Same with Ayala. If these kids really wanted to play for Cuse, why wait to sign

If you call sitting on the bench at Duke better.

It's just funny to me that throughout his recruitment he made it seem like playing time was a BIG deal and that's why Cuse and GT were the ones being considered, kids these days love to troll, unfortunately this isn't a troll IMO the Duke offer has completely blinded him to the reality of the situation.

I'm sure he does, which makes this more difficult for me as a fan. 35 plus minutes out the gate here and maybe 10 tops with Duke and he jumps at their offer. If that isn't telling and tell us something about our program and how it's viewed from the outside I don't know what will.

That basically sums up how I feel. Obviously, Duke is Duke -- so I understand the prestige of that offer and the compulsion to go there. But to lose him after one day?

If we don't land Tucker, it is going to be tough for the pollyannas to rationalize that everything is fine and that the state of our recruiting isn't anything to be concerned about. ESPECIALLY since we have a starting spot, 35+ minutes of PT per game, and a prominent role in the offense to offer to a kid with Tucker's capabilities.

Word? What word? He never gave any word to Orange. He is not Orange family and owes Syracuse nothing. He waited. He hoped. And he got what he wanted. Smart kid. His dad is a pro agent. Smart family. Man up and Just wish him luck.
Oh, you know that he didn't commit to the coaches over the weekend. Because he did. honoring your word is being a man.

Counterproductive to spend time proving you're a great player by earning time at Duke and then achieving whatever.

Much more impressive to take your spot at Cuse, beat Duke, bring the team back to march, collect your million dollar signing bonus and be playing against Lebron and company a year later.

Play smarter not harder.

2 things:
1) tucker just followecthe latest GT commit on twitter.
2) maybe he wanted the Duke offer just to prove to himself he could get the highest of offers?

I'm sure he does, which makes this more difficult for me as a fan. 35 plus minutes out the gate here and maybe 10 tops with Duke and he jumps at their offer. If that isn't telling and tell us something about our program and how it's viewed from the outside I don't know what will.
It's not about our program. It's about the names Kentucky and Duke. We never have out recruited them. Let's be real.

I agree, but it seems like he has been holding out for something better this entire time. Same with Ayala. If these kids really wanted to play for Cuse, why wait to sign
Ayala isn't waiting for something better. It's a different agenda.

SU isn't alone. Top rated kids (and that may go all the way up to Top 100) want the Duke/UK offer. So, it says more about those programs than it does about SU's. If the limit was 15 scholarships, Arizona would be getting squeezed. If it were 18, Kansas would be scuffling. A little like the old, old days, when UCLA would take Nater and bury him on the bench behind Walton so they wouldn't have to face Sven.

2 things:
2) maybe he wanted the Duke offer just to prove to himself he could get the highest of offers?

Maybe. But #2 is what a lot of people thought about Quade Green's pursuit of the UK offer this past fall - that he was just doing it to prove that he could get the offer. And we know how that turned out.

Why does this keep happening? That's a legitimate question. When does the staff become accountable?
It's happened once. Now maybe twice. that isn't a trend. We aren't losing to Wake Forest. Teams have been having players stolan by Duke and Kentucky since I started following basketball. throw North Carolina in there as well. There is a reason they are called blue bloods.

Maybe. But #2 is what a lot of people thought about Quade Green's pursuit of the UK offer this past fall - that he was just doing it to prove that he could get the offer. And we know how that turned out.
True... to an extent. However we all know quade got the money bags as well. That's what really changed it.

Everyone needs to relax. He's gone. He didn't want to be here. We have a group that does. This season wasn't going to be some magical Championship because of damn Jordan Tucker. He can enjoy his time at Duke, and I wish him the best. We will get someone who wants to be here, and build for the future. A kid like HW. Maybe Nahz, or Sid. This recruitment was all over the place, and I'm glad it's basically done. He wants to play in front of a bunch of fans who don't know a thing about basketball, great. They are great at being book smart. Good for JT. Enjoy that campus.

Someone's word is only good if their situation doesn't change. His situation has changed, and we can't be mad if he decides to go to Duke. It's our own fault for backing off for 6 months. There will be other options out there. I prefer to not take grad transfers because I don't think it's a sustainable operation year after year. We need to start using our scholarships for players that will be here longer than a year. The one thing that I know is we need shooters, without them, we won't win many games next season.

2 things:
UPDATE: he also followed Jeff Capel, Duke associate head coach.

It's not about our program. It's about the names Kentucky and Duke. We never have out recruited them. Let's be real.

This is a #40 recruit who would fit in our system and he would get a ton of minutes. Why can't we sell that against what Duke is offering? A fool would choose Duke over us in this situation. Our staff is awful at selling, this is clear at this point.

Someone's word is only good if their situation doesn't change. His situation has changed, and we can't be mad if he decides to go to Duke. It's our own fault for backing off for 6 months. There will be other options out there. I prefer to not take grad transfers because I don't think it's a sustainable operation year after year. We need to start using our scholarships for players that will be here longer than a year. The one thing that I know is we need shooters, without them, we won't win many games next season.

Why can't we? If Duke comes in out of nowhere, and he goes there to sit on the bench, I will be mad.

It's happened once. Now maybe twice. that isn't a trend. We aren't losing to Wake Forest. Teams have been having players stolan by Duke and Kentucky since I started following basketball. throw North Carolina in there as well. There is a reason they are called blue bloods.

I think one of the biggest mistakes we made was prioritizing a Duke legacy as our top 2 guard target.

Losing Randolph to Zona hurt as we wouldn't be in this current situation.

That cause of this $$$$$