Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Gives me that pit of your stomach feel. This isn't the Cuse I know and love anymore. All these misses with recruiting where the blue bloods sneaking literally last second and take your lunch money is getting old fast. Watch a complete reversal of fortunes since leaving the BE...we've lost our identity and clout...feels like garbage

Uh, we "snuck" back in like a month ago too.

If he flips, to have it happen twice in one recruiting cycle, is just a kick in the nuts. At one time, for so many people, your word was your bond.
Wait, what? Tucker had given a commitment to our coaches?

If he flips, to have it happen twice in one recruiting cycle, is just a kick in the nuts. At one time, for so many people, your word was your bond.
Word? What word? He never gave any word to Orange. He is not Orange family and owes Syracuse nothing. He waited. He hoped. And he got what he wanted. Smart kid. His dad is a pro agent. Smart family. Man up and Just wish him luck.

This was a tweet today before the Duke offer by his uncle. Seems like the family was split on where he should go. Jordan retweeted it.

Yep and if you go to his uncle's Twitter it makes sense now. The house divided comment. His uncle's Twitter is all UNC stuff. This was tuckers plan the entire time was to hold out for this offer. He's gone. A kids word doesn't mean squat anymore...so frustrating

JB is on the phone to him right now

umm, you are, right coach?

Jordan Tucker's the luckiest high school recruit I've seen in years, looking at this situation as it is.

Our staff needs to get on the phone with this kid and seal the deal, do whatever you have to do to get him.

Seems like that's what dasher is saying.

I don't get it - if you tell the coaches you're coming, why not just announce it publicly? If you're waiting for a Duke offer, don't tell them that you're coming - seems pretty basic i'd think

If a kid says he's going to come and doesn't sign or announce then it's 100% on the staff for not closing the deal. If this is true it sounds exactly like the Quade situation.

Our staff needs to get on the phone with this kid and seal the deal, do whatever you have to do to get him.
Truly thing we need to start playing the same game these other schools are...cheat harder and play smarter at it...level playing field

Time to focus on Nahz Carter, Sid Wilson, and Ayala (or grad transfer PG)

Hope the dude know he will be behind Gary Trent this year and Cameron Reddish in 2018.

I'm sure he does, which makes this more difficult for me as a fan. 35 plus minutes out the gate here and maybe 10 tops with Duke and he jumps at their offer. If that isn't telling and tell us something about our program and how it's viewed from the outside I don't know what will.

I'm waiting to see the final result of this, but something needs to change if this goes the wrong way.