Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Harris wasn't ranked quite that high. I think JB might have said something like [paraphrasing] that we've recruited the #1 player 2 out of 5 years [referring to Melo and Harris], but I don't think that Harris was rated in the top 20 by the end of that year.

12th according to 247.

Harris wasn't ranked quite that high. I think JB might have said something like [paraphrasing] that we've recruited the #1 player 2 out of 5 years [referring to Melo and Harris], but I don't think that Harris was rated in the top 20 by the end of that year.

Somebody figured out he had no left hand and a line drive jumper. Still he was a very productive player although he was also just as frustrating.

I will be very surprised if Tucker doesn't give Duke a verbal on his visit. IMO he dragged his recruitment out in hopes of this scenario. If he wanted SU he would have committed weeks ago.

I will be very surprised if Tucker doesn't give Duke a verbal on his visit. IMO he dragged his recruitment out in hopes of this scenario. If he wanted SU he would have committed weeks ago.

Doubt you will find any big arguments on that stance.

Wasn't Harris predicted to be a lottery pick if he didn't have to go to College?

Also, he whooped my ass at the Turning Stone in poker.

Making decisions in high pressure moments didn't seem to be his strong point so I'm hoping you ran bad.

Somebody figured out he had no left hand and a line drive jumper. Still he was a very productive player although he was also just as frustrating.
I seem to remember a story where he shut down Greg Oden in a game where Harris was forced to play center for his AAU team. I think that is where his legend grew, along with the comment "Paul Harris would rather win than breathe."

Making decisions in high pressure moments didn't seem to be his strong point so I'm hoping you ran bad.

He was hitting everything while throwing money around. Not much decision making.

So, I thought for sure he didn't have me beat, when I had good hands. This is when you could play either 2/5, or 5/10 with no max to sit with. I forget. I probably gave him damn near a thousand, or more.

He was actually pretty good, but was hitting big hands. Wish those big hands didn't throw the ball right to Pittsburgh, but I never brought up basketball.

He blows . . . . . every one else in Canada away! :cool:

I have been considering a team with no Tucker but a better than expected Brissett, Moyer who after a redshirt is better than a vast majority of freshman forwards and TT manning the middle and demanding defensive attention out to the three line. Battle as the dynamic two guard and a present from heaven PG who's good. You have Sidibe and Chukwu to back up the front line and Washington to play 10 minutes a game 5 at each guard spot. Howard can sit on the bench making his bad attitude face.

Hey I'm optimistic but it's possible I guess.

Moral of the story is PG is still out biggest issue IMO

Popcorn
I agree with all this although Howard can mature and earn minutes see Gonzaga two years ago

Jordan Tucker wants to go the college that he thinks will help get him to the league. Not only to the league, but to the league as fast as possible and where he'll be as ready as possible.

If he thinks that college is Duke, he'll go there. The "I want guys who bleed Orange" narrative is played out, IMO. Guys like Matt Moyer are passionate about Syracuse, but if MM has NBA aspirations he would not be here unless he thought we could get him to the league.

Tucker is serious about Syracuse - but he may also think that Duke or UK could get him to the NBA quicker. Oshae Brissett looked at our history with wings and thought we'd be a good fit for his playing style and the best place to showcase his ability to get drafted. As kids come and stay for multiple years, the develop the passion for SU that never leaves, similar to Devo, GMac, etc.

You may have guys like Howard Washington once in a while who grew up major Cuse fans and want to play here, but 9 times out of 10 guys come here to get to the NBA. Let's not call a kid "not serious" about us just because he didn't commit when we wanted him to. Tucker, Quade Green, Matt MOyer, etc. all go to the best spot for them - playing style wise, draft status wise, etc.

Would you accept a job offer from Microsoft if your dream job was Google? Knowing that Google could offer you a spot at any minute?

I don't blame these kids anymore. I'm not crazy about the crave for attention - but I think kids will geninuelly pick the spot they think is best for them - and they have a better chance of being right than we do because we don't know them .

Just curious, but how are Gonzaga's classes rated the last few years? Wisconsin's? Oregon's?, Villanova's? Butler's? My point is that it doesn't take the highest rated players to play in the final four. It's chemistry, fit, coaching, and experience. Maybe the recruiting perspective is like that saying: "The older I get, the better I was." The past couple of years were disappointing but we never recruited consistently the way a lot of you think we did. We had some great classes once in a while, though...

Collins was a 5* for zaga and im fairly certain theyre pg was highly rated out of hs.

Jordan Tucker wants to go the college that he thinks will help get him to the league. Not only to the league, but to the league as fast as possible and where he'll be as ready as possible.

If he thinks that college is Duke, he'll go there. The "I want guys who bleed Orange" narrative is played out, IMO. Guys like Matt Moyer are passionate about Syracuse, but if MM has NBA aspirations he would not be here unless he thought we could get him to the league.

Tucker is serious about Syracuse - but he may also think that Duke or UK could get him to the NBA quicker. Oshae Brissett looked at our history with wings and thought we'd be a good fit for his playing style and the best place to showcase his ability to get drafted. As kids come and stay for multiple years, the develop the passion for SU that never leaves, similar to Devo, GMac, etc.

You may have guys like Howard Washington once in a while who grew up major Cuse fans and want to play here, but 9 times out of 10 guys come here to get to the NBA. Let's not call a kid "not serious" about us just because he didn't commit when we wanted him to. Tucker, Quade Green, Matt MOyer, etc. all go to the best spot for them - playing style wise, draft status wise, etc.

Would you accept a job offer from Microsoft if your dream job was Google? Knowing that Google could offer you a spot at any minute?

I don't blame these kids anymore. I'm not crazy about the crave for attention - but I think kids will geninuelly pick the spot they think is best for them - and they have a better chance of being right than we do because we don't know them .

Great post.

The Duke decision comes down to whether or not Tucker thinks he can jump to the NBA after a year. If he thinks he's OAD caliber, he's going to Duke. If he thinks he'll need a couple years, Duke shouldn't be his pick because he'll 100% get recruited over next year.

The Duke decision comes down to whether or not Tucker thinks he can jump to the NBA after a year. If he thinks he's OAD caliber, he's going to Duke. If he thinks he'll need a couple years, Duke shouldn't be his pick because he'll 100% get recruited over next year.
He won't see it that way though, just like he won't think that K will play other guys in front of him next year.

These kids don't think rationally. They all believe they are the next LeBron. They need a parent to save them from themselves.
Hey, I don't blame him or any kid for having confidence. You have to believe it before you can do it. But, you should set yourself up to do it. In order to be a one and done, you have to play. He will get a TON of minutes at Syracuse, with no question. At Duke, he won't start. And K doesn't go deep into his bench.

These kids don't think rationally. They all believe they are the next LeBron. They need a parent to save them from themselves.

I still think I could play in the NBA, and I'm a 6'2 250 pound alcoholic. It was always my dream, and I never doubted that it would happen.

Just didn't put in the work, and thought it was my destiny. Drawing what you wanted to be when you grew up seemed like it was signing on the dotted line.

So, I get it. If he has that confidence, and wants to go to Duke then so be it. He will have to work hard for playing time, and may be recruited over but good for him if he thinks he can work his way into the lineup.

I just noticed Duke got the number 40 (according to the to-fore-seven composite) overall recruit in last year's class, Javin DeLaurier. I'm sure others have heard of him, but I literally had no idea he existed until today (and I spend more time than I probably should following CBB/recruiting).

He played 85 minutes total this year and now 2017 top 10 recruit Wendell Carter is expected to start over him at PF next year.

That's not to say DeLaurier made a mistake or he won't be successful there, but the whole scenario seems somewhat relevant to the Tucker to Duke discussion.