Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Yeah go from gonna be to wanna be

I feel like these are the kind of quotes that are fueling this kids fire and making him want to go to Duke to prove people wrong. If you're a true competitor and you believe in yourself, you don't shy away from the challenge.

It sucks that Cuse might not wind up with him, but I for one say good for him. He wanted a Duke offer badly, was patient, and got his hard work rewarded with it. Now he has the chance to go and compete for the opportunity to prove people wrong that are saying he will be on the bench there.

It blows to the SU fan in me. But I applaud him however for seeing how a kid can have a goal, work hard, be patient, and see it pay off for him. Now I will enjoy kicking his ass around Cameron for a few years.

I feel like these are the kind of quotes that are fueling this kids fire and making him want to go to Duke to prove people wrong. If you're a true competitor and you believe in yourself, you don't shy away from the challenge.

It sucks that Cuse might not wind up with him, but I for one say good for him. He wanted a Duke offer badly, was patient, and got his hard work rewarded with it. Now he has the chance to go and compete for the opportunity to prove people wrong that are saying he will be on the bench there.

It blows to the SU fan in me. But I applaud him however for seeing how a kid can have a goal, work hard, be patient, and see it pay off for him. Now I will enjoy kicking his ass around Cameron for a few years.
Same was true for Howard Washington, but that had a happy ending !!!!!:);):p

And of course, not honoring the word he gave the Syracuse coaches a couple of nights before. Applaud him for that?

And of course, not honoring the word he gave the Syracuse coaches a couple of nights before. Applaud him for that?

Nah boo him till our voices die for that one. Heckle and taunt him as dino babers locks the dome. I mean JAB.

I'm not doubting yours or anyone elses information by any means and GREATLY appreciate it, however this is nothing that I know for a fact. Additionally all of us who follow recruiting know that these things can happen when you're dealing with kids. If your info is true (which I am not doubting by ay means) then this is a whole other issue.

To me there is nothing wrong with saying "good for them" to someone that sets their sights on a goal, works hard for it, and gets it. Despite the fact that it's choosing Duke over Syracuse.

Last edited:
I'm not doubting yours or anyone elses information by any means and GREATLY appreciate, however this is nothing that I know for a fact. Additionally all of us who follow recruiting know that these things can happen when you're dealing with kids. If your info is true (which I am not doubting by ay means) then this is a whole other issue.

To me there is nothing wrong with saying "good for them" to someone that sets their sights on a goal, works hard for it, and gets it. Despite the fact that it's choosing Duke over Syracuse.
It's his decision and needs to do what is best for him. However , I agree with Dasher. What is someone's word worth these days ? Honor your word!

Silent verbals aren't worth the paper they are written. Oh wait. It's not on paper. Let us know when you have something more concrete.

I really, really want a Ferrari 488. But, since i only drive to Target and Carl's Jr, a Porsche 911 is probably the more appropriate vehicle.

Duke is the 'more elite' name. But, it's not the best situation/opportunity for him. I hope he meets K, says 'Thanks for the offer, damn glad to meetya, but it's better for me to play 35m in front of 35k.'

It's his decision and needs to do what is best for him. However , I agree with Dasher. What is someone's word worth these days ? Honor your word!

If he indeed gave that word I would agree. However these are kids that are barely even old enough to vote , let alone make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. I think we, as adults, forget that sometimes.

Okay. I won't tell anymore when we hear silent information. I do it to inform. I get nothing out of it. Nice snark.

Just want to reclarify, I GREATLY appreciate your info and do not doubt it for a second. At this point however it's just a piece of information.

I'm more inclined to believing it, however I can see where he might have still had an eye on what Knox was doing prior to being solid just in case that Blue Devil offer came. Part of me also has to think that he had a good indication that it might be coming if Knox didn't accept. This is purely speculation on my part.

Okay. I won't tell anymore when we hear silent information. I do it to inform. I get nothing out of it. Nice snark.
I'm not doubting yours or anyone else's sources, however JT's silent verbal means nothing at this point. BTW, are silent verbals now a thing. Obviously we know he is interested in the Cuse, whether he gave a silent verbal or didn't. But his silent verbal meant nothing when he gave it and means probably even less now that he is still visiting other schools.

If he indeed gave that word I would agree. However these are kids that are barely even old enough to vote , let alone make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. I think we, as adults, forget that sometimes.
Maybe I am different. I hope not. But at 17 or 18, my word meant a lot to me. That was the way I was raised.

Maybe I am different. I hope not. But at 17 or 18, my word meant a lot to me. That was the way I was raised.

dash: do you know what his rationale was for keeping his verbal private? Was it because of Knox?

You must have been pretty mature for your age. I feel like the vast majority of us can't say the same.

Can you elaborate on your sources definition of a soft verbal? Was it an "I'm coming, but keep it on the DL until I announce " verbal? Or was it a " I'll come as long as my dream school doesn't offer by a certain date" verbal?

You must have been pretty mature for your age. I feel like the vast majority of us can't say the same.

Can you elaborate on your sources definition of a soft verbal? Was it an "I'm coming, but keep it on the DL until I announce " verbal? Or was it a " I'll come as long as my dream school doesn't offer by a certain date" verbal?
Again, not to bash Dasher or his sources, but don't forget option #3: A coach and his recruit go out on a date. They have a great time. The coach asks the recruit if he would like to go out on another date. The recruit says absolutely yes, I had a great time. Please call me, I definitely want to see you again. Well, some of us, most of us or all of us, knows what happens when you make that phone call.

Again, not to bash Dasher or his sources, but don't forget option #3: A coach and his recruit go out on a date. They have a great time. The coach asks the recruit if he would like to go out on another date. The recruit says absolutely yes, I had a great time. Please call me, I definitely want to see you again. Well, some of us, most of us or all of us, knows what happens when you make that phone call.
Did you wait two days?

Don't disagree at all but history has proven that very good players have missed out of a lot of minutes in Dukes bench they could have gotten elsewhere It's not the only springboard to NBA but one hell of an education if anyone ever stayed(good for you Grayson though you're still a punk)

I'm not doubting yours or anyone else's sources, however JT's silent verbal means nothing at this point. BTW, are silent verbals now a thing. Obviously we know he is interested in the Cuse, whether he gave a silent verbal or didn't. But his silent verbal meant nothing when he gave it and means probably even less now that he is still visiting other schools.
I've learned one thing. Verbal commitments are not commitments