Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Duke. Aside from despising their anointed hoops program, i have a particular distaste for the way the school seems to program its students. Duke is the only school where when you meet someone who has studied there, they will tell you how great a school it is. As if they're all in charge of marketing Duke. It's obnoxious. You meet people from Harvard, Oxford, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, where ever — they all tend to be almost humble or embarrassed about saying where they studied. Not so much with Duke. I have friends from there, and it's the same thing with each and every one of them. They even do it to Each Other. I vividly remember being in brazil with a good friend. We're crossing a street in Rio, and a young guy in a Duke t-shirt is crossing toward us. My friend stops him, asks if he went to Duke. Kid says Yes. My friend says to him, "Great school, isn't it." Might not come across as bizarre in type as it was in person, but that was just one example. My childhood best friend went to Duke, and while he was there, whenever we spoke, he would just tell me how great it was, even when he was describing stuff that was pretty damned standard and basic. It's cool to have pride, but with them, it's a self-aggrandizing mantra.

Whatever.
I don't think the campus is any great shakes.
Cameron is overrated. It's the students/fanbase that makes it 'something.'
Academics? Depends on the class, professor, program. We have programs better than theirs, and whatever a freshman and sophomore basketball player takes isn't likely to matter either way between Rutgers and Yale.
Personally, i couldn't live in 'the south.' I've got family in NC, and i can't deal with so many of those people...

Gotta love the K line: "Duke isn't for everyone." Such a manipulative piece of work. Like if you walk into a boutique, and Snooty Von Snootington says, 'perhaps Madame Foo Foo isn't for you. There's a Target down the road.' It's sad how effective that kind of line is on the young and weak-minded... K is no genius, but he's smart enough to know how to Jedi Mind Trick the 17-2o year olds. Kind of like how i hate Karl Rove, but have to recognize the brilliance of what he did.

Tucker has to decide between playing a minimal role on a team that will be successful in the ACC and then the NCAAs will be a crapshoot, vs playing a major role on a team that should contend into the top half of the ACC, but not for the title, and then, again, it'll be a crapshoot in the NCAAs. With Duke, the odds are against him ever being a significant cog. Think about how good and important Grayson Allen has been, and he's still there. Think about how Mal started from jump, got a lot of minutes and exposure, and launched after just one year. The opportunity is better at Syracuse. I won't even bring up Georgia Tech... Pointless to go there unless you prioritize home cooking and rap studio visits for your instagram. I truly hope that's not his character. If it is, he's not Orange material.

Rant over. Mamba out.

There seems to be a love fest with many Orange fans and coach K. Mainly because he's "friends" with Jimmy.

A closer look reveals a rat. Never trusted that rat, and never will.

Raleigh and durham are great areas.

Comparing syracuse to raleigh is idiotic, they are not even close to the same...with regards to like anything.

You couldn't pay me to live there unless it was on the coast in the summer. I think it's the most overrated place in the country.

I'd live in about 15 states before the Carolinas. The weather isn't as great as The Southwest or Florida and I have zero in common with native Carolinans

I'm almost embarrassed for kids glossed over by the Duke allure. Is there any other school in the country that sells you a bunch of lies and then stashes you on the bench as 4/5 star?

Even Kentucky figures out a way to get guys playing time and a seemingly fair shake.

You'd think kids, coaches, handlers etc.. would see the pattern with Duke by now.

You couldn't pay me to live there unless it was on the coast in the summer. I think it's the most overrated place in the country.

I'd live in about 15 states before the Carolinas. The weather isn't as great as The Southwest or Florida and I have zero in common with native Carolinans
Most of South Carolina is Coast. Not sure who brokered the deal between South Carolina and Georgia on that one...

I'm not a geography major, but I did pretty well at math, therefore I think that is a catagorially untrue statement.:p
Ha.. ok, you got me. I was being dramatic. Compared to the size of the state and surrounding states, SC has a lot of Coast.

I apologize for any geographic misgivings.

So where's the photo of Tucker wearing the Duke jersey at K's pool?

He's not wearing a Duke uniform? He posed in a Syracuse uniform!

Trying to be optimistic. Popcorn and soda
Seriously though. What could Coach K discuss/ offer him playing time with that team . Every kid wants to know what the situation is and I assume the best he could do without lying would be to say you will play the number of minutes you earn. Even if he put a number on it what maybe 15? This is no slam dunk for Duke