Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

why wouldn't this be a good thing for us?

Edit: nvm. Just a little brief moment of irrational negativity. He's still uncommitted, clearly.

So we should spend years recruiting kids so the big dogs can swoop in at the last minute? Do you not think our recruiting needs some tweaking? Just asking
Where do I start? we need to recruit the best kids we think we can get. Otherwise, there is no point in playing major college basketball. In both cases, Green and Tucker, they weren't top 15 kids. Where do you want us to recruit? Out of the top 50? This type of thing doesn't happen often. And by the way, it hasn't happened for the second time yet. We are a big dog. If you don't think you are or want to be one, why even play?

Where do I start? we need to recruit the best kids we think we can get. Otherwise, there is no point in playing major college basketball. In both cases, Green and Tucker, they weren't top 15 kids. Where do you want us to recruit? Out of the top 50? This type of thing doesn't happen often. And by the way, it hasn't happened for the second time yet. We are a big dog. If you don't think you are or want to be one, why even play?
dash I honestly wouldn't waste the time/energy engaging that poster

Edit: nvm. Just a little brief moment of irrational negativity. He's still uncommitted, clearly.

Why would they do this if they thought Tucker was on the fence about Duke? That's my concern. It wouldn't send a great signal to Tucker.

Again, this is all paralysis by analysis, as I said a bunch of pages back. We are reading into everything.

Why would they do this if they thought Tucker was on the fence about Duke? That's my concern. It wouldn't send a great signal to Tucker.

Again, this is all paralysis by analysis, as I said a bunch of pages back. We are reading into everything.
Just made me think for a split second that Tucker loved the visit, saw his dream, gave the verbal before Duke was ready to take it and maybe they're having him hold off from announcing until a couple other dominos fall. But because they know they have him if they want/need him, they're moving on to next years batch.

But I also realize how much more unlikely it is than likely.

Overly tired, thank god tomrrow's friday.

Last edited:
Just made me think for a split second that Tucker loved the visit, saw his dream, gave the verbal before Duke was ready to take it and maybe their having him hold off from announcing until a couple other dominos fall. But because they know they have him if they want/need him, they're moving on to next years batch.

But I also realize how much more unlikely it is than likely.

Overly tired, thank god tomrrow's friday.

Sure. My point is if they truly don't know if they're getting JT, it is sending him an odd signal, offering a top SF. They probably do know, one way or the other.

Or the other possibility is that they are Duke and can offer whomever they want, whenever they want. That's probably the right answer.

More speculation. Fun times.

Meanwhile, it'd be a jaw dropper if he's not wearing Duke gear at his announcement.

Sure. My point is if they truly don't know if they're getting JT, it is sending him an odd signal, offering a top SF. They probably do know, one way or the other.

Or the other possibility is that they are Duke and can offer whomever they want, whenever they want. That's probably the right answer.

Meanwhile, it'd be a jaw dropper if he's not wearing Duke gear at his announcement.

Nah he'll be rocking the block S

If I'm Tucker this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. They couldn't even wait until I leave campus until they offer a kid at my same position who will come in next year.
Except all these kids think they are one and done. Maybe K gave JT the pitch how after 1 season at Duke he'll be a lottery pick. All these kids want to hear that. So do their parents.

actually we have only spent a month or so recruiting him, seems like you know what your talking about
we were on him since 2014... backed of for about 6 months. So who doesn't know what their talking about?

I certainly see your point, but I should have been more clear... are we making the right reads on these kids? or just rolling the dice?

I don't think duke knows if they are getting Tucker. It is not a done deal as of right now.

Wouldn't that be something... to out recruit Duke for a kid. Have we ever beaten Duke for a player that we both offered? Now that would be flat out awesome!

Well it's 4-4 head to head, so clearly Jimmy can coach with less talent. Should really be 5-3 if not for the BS charge on Fair.

But the Rat will tell you it's not a rivalry.

we were on him since 2014... backed of for about 6 months. So who doesn't know what their talking about?

Tough to say we were going after him hard because he loved us and we stopped recruiting him. Than jumped back right before he is gonna make a decision when hop left. It's stupid to say we should stop going after top recruits because we missed on a few targets this cycle, especially someone we offered super late. We never saw him as top priority until recently and u wanna act like the sky is falling.

I wonder if comments in the Twitterverse are getting under his skin.

Moron so-called Cuse fans must be really making a fool out of the 98% of us that are reasonable. I need to figure out this Twitter thing, I guess. Just would like recruits to know, and I hope they already do, that we all aren't crazy. Well, we are crazy but not in a bad way. Messaging a recruit in any form is weird in general. Though, leaving a positive, encouraging comment is harmless.