Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Actually, there was a little tie-in. When Quade was still in on Syracuse, he had tweeted to GMAC or someone that the team will be special when Jtucks, Nick Richards, Lonnie Williams, Diallo and he play on the team next year. Tucker, Quade and Diallo had a friendship/desire to play on the same team. What happened? Other people know the specifics but Tucker's visit did not good well and Quade/Diallo went to Kentucky.

UK is actually thin at the 3
Verbal Commits

He'd literally be the only SF on the roster, so I don't see the problem with telling him he'd start. Obviously he'd start. Common sense. No need to pretend otherwise.
I thought Brissett would be closer to a 3 than a 4, especially with Moyer and Thompson best suited for PF. I'm really, really hoping we don't need to rely on Thompson to play center minutes. Ever. Again.

I thought Brissett would be closer to a 3 than a 4, especially with Moyer and Thompson best suited for PF. I'm really, really hoping we don't need to rely on Thompson to play center minutes. Ever. Again.
I think if we got Tucker the starting back line would be Tucker and Brisset on the wings, with TT in the middle. Hopefully Tucker has the ability to slide up top as well - moving Tyus to the 1, TT to the wing, and Sidibe at the 5.

As far as "TT never playing Center minutes again" - well off the top of my head our only 5s next year are Sidibie and Chukwu. I think TT will see minutes at the 5 and the wing, but if you're counting him never seeing time at the 5 again, don't hold your breath.

The biggest jump most players make in the zone is freshman to sophomore year - let's give him a shot.

I would think Moyer would have an inside track at the 4. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. We'll see, Brisset seems like a beast though, so we'll have to get some updates in a few months

Unless he steps it up this year, it won't be any better with him on the wing! Let's all just keep our fingers crossed! He said he wants to make sure JB can't say he's a defensive liability next year. I hope he makes true on that...he's such a gifted offensive player!

I would think Moyer would have an inside track at the 4. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. We'll see, Brisset seems like a beast though, so we'll have to get some updates in a few months
If we don't get Tucker, I think Brisset and Moyer both start. I think we'd need Brisset's rebounding if Tucker and TT are starting though

If we don't get Tucker, I think Brisset and Moyer both start. I think we'd need Brisset's rebounding if Tucker and TT are starting though

I'm looking forward to what Moyer and Brisset can do defensively on the wings. They seem to fit the mold of our better wing defenders from what I've seen. I'm also hoping that with there high energy play the rebounding they did in highschool carries over to college.

Tucker's father, Lew, said his son was talking to the Syracuse coaches to set up an official visit to the SU campus soon.

"We're looking to do an official visit in the next week or so,'' Tucker said Tuesday. "Probably around the 16th and 17th.''

...and looking to make a decision by end of April.

Looks like things will move fast with this one. Hope it goes our way.

Really need to lock Tucker down, would answer so many questions for next year.

You aren't kidding. Just going on what that article says at face value -- 6-7 210 pounds, so he'll be a BIG kid coming in, with adequate size to play the back line in our system. Good three point shooter. Solves tons of problems just by himself.

Must get, IMO, with Wright not reclassifying.

Signing period is April 12 - May 17

I think we get the last visit.
images

Oregon already signed Troy Brown who is a burger boy. If we can't close here we have bigger issues than what we thought.
They have another 4-star SF coming in, as well. Abu Kigab.

Dillon Brooks will be a senior if he returns as the starting SF.

And they have anothre 6'7", 3-star Keith Smith that was a freshman this past year.

If Tucker wants to play right away, it would seem Oregon is his worst choice.