Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

No info or anything like that..just basing it off of the latest interview with him...seems like he will take his time and go through the visits and hear out the other programs then choose what's best for him...i hope that he was just saying the right things and going through the motions and will like his visit so much with jb and the staff that he does commit...i want that more then anything..just a feeling that he doesn't

Thanks--wasn't calling you out, I was just curious if it was something more than what's been reported, or just your gut feel.

I hope you are right. I think most kids that say all the right stuff though don't go into the detail he did. I could see him doing his Oregon visit too. The reality is that G Tech is like 30 minutes from where he is going to school so I'm not sure the last visit matters. He could go there after school if he wanted.
That's exactly it. He's been on Georgia techs campus multiple times. It's right there he may as well use all the officialvisits he's given for the free Hollywood treatment. Is that what he's doing? Who knows but he may if he wants and we all know recruits in the pat have done it. Can't sign this weekend regardless. We could however get a verbal this weekend but I doubt it. Still confident in much gut that we get him at the end of the day!

Both are going out of their area to go somewhere. Gtech bball in Atlanta isn't that big of a deal.
That's not the point and Quade has nothing to do w/Tucker.

If TUCKER wants to play in front of his family, GT is right there. That's the point. And again, GT isn't some scrub program in a small conference.

Sarcasm font will be a reality someday.

Higher rates recruits have chosen worse programs then Georgia Tech was the point I was akwardly trying to make.

[Recruiting website] has 23 players listed as 5-stars for the 2018 class. Three have already committed. One of the three is going to Auburn. Another is going to Saint Louis. Weird stuff happens when teenagers make decisions.

That said, I'm gonna be really, really bummed if Tucker ends up at GTech.

[Recruiting website] has 23 players listed as 5-stars for the 2018 class. Three have already committed. One of the three is going to Auburn. Another is going to Saint Louis. Weird stuff happens when teenagers make decisions.

That said, I'm gonna be really, really bummed if Tucker ends up at GTech.
Bruce Pearl is the coach at Auburn and Travis Ford is the coach at SLU. The SLU commit is from the area.

I don't understand how people find it weird when good coaches with strong recruiting backgrounds land top players, or when top players choose to stay home.

hopefully nothin
2017-04-06_1544.png

Bruce Pearl is the coach at Auburn and Travis Ford is the coach at SLU. The SLU commit is from the area.

I don't understand how people find it weird when good coaches with strong recruiting backgrounds land top players, or when top players choose to stay home.

Well we supposedly have a strong recruiting background and we haven't been able to keep players home(Huerter/Bryant) or far away. I think it's realistic to be concerned about where things are headed. That is all.

If TUCKER wants to play in front of his family, GT is right there. That's the point. And again, GT isn't some scrub program in a small conference.

If all Tucker cares about is playing at home, we aren't getting him, we are a much better program than they are, with much more to offer, they haven't been to the Ncaa tournament in 7 years.

Well we supposedly have a strong recruiting background and we haven't been able to keep players home(Huerter/Bryant) or far away. I think it's realistic to be concerned about where things are headed. That is all.
Yes, because Travis Ford getting one kid from St. Louis to go to SLU means that every coach should get every local kid to stay home.

The two you mentioned have perfectly reasonable explanations for why they went elsewhere. Bryant didn't want to play close to home because he has an overbearing mother. Huerter went to Maryland because they didn't require he go to prep school.

Where are things headed exactly? We can't realistically determine if recruiting has fallen off on April 6th.

Cusefan, the other day you rightly got after me a little for being pessimistic. I'm going to return the favor. Man you have been harshing fiercely on the program/recruiting for a week or so. I think it is too much. I understand we missed a few recruits but there really isn't strong evidence that the program is going down the tubes. People have even pointed out that if we landed Ayala and Tucker, we'd have a top 25 class. Even if we don't get those guys, it doesn't mean the whole program is rotting from the inside out.

Cusefan, the other day you rightly got after me a little for being pessimistic. I'm going to return the favor. Man you have been harshing fiercely on the program/recruiting for a week or so. I think it is too much. I understand we missed a few recruits but there really isn't strong evidence that the program is going down the tubes. People have even pointed out that if we landed Ayala and Tucker, we'd have a top 25 class. Even if we don't get those guys, it doesn't mean the whole program is rotting from the inside out.

Good post. You are right I am pessimistic.
I have seen us miss all our targets the last cycle so I anticipate more of the same. I guess I am preparing myself for the worst instead of getting my hopes up for more disappointment. I would feel better if Iommi didn't have his post the other day about Baye saying players don't care for the zone and Tucker basically regurgitating those comments today. It also makes me wonder if that's why we lose more guys to the draft compared to other programs because our guys are worried another year in the zone is going to hurt their draft stock.

Good post. You are right I am pessimistic.
I have seen us miss all our targets the last cycle so I anticipate more of the same. I guess I am preparing myself for the worst instead of getting my hopes up for more disappointment. I would feel better if Iommi didn't have his post the other day about Baye saying players don't care for the zone and Tucker basically regurgitating those comments today. It also makes me wonder if that's why we lose more guys to the draft compared to other programs because our guys are worried another year in the zone is going to hurt their draft stock.
When did Tucker comment on the zone? Sorry if if missed it.

When did Tucker comment on the zone? Sorry if if missed it.

I think people are extrapolating, since a few other highly ranked recruits (who we probably weren't getting, regardless) said they "hate playing zone".

Also - people keep saying GaTech is a solid option, because it's "near home".
His family just moved there, it's their 1st year in GA.

He grew up in NY.
I'd imagine he still has a lot of friends and family in NY.

re: the "players don't want to play the zone because it hurts their stock" issue.

Let's see, we've had 1st round pick of 8 of the last 9 years (9 of the last 10 if Lydon goes in the 1st). In that same 9 year time span, we've had 14 players drafted total, including 9 1st round draft picks and 4 lottery picks. Of those 5 players who went round 2, the only 1 that wasn't a senior was Jerami Grant. UK beats us in that department, but we are right up there with Duke, Kansas, etc. as far as putting players in the 1st round.

Who's stock has gotten hurt? What player has fallen to the 2nd round or has not got drafted because of the zone? Is the concern that Tyler Ennis should have went 15 instead of 18 if he wasn't in a zone?

You could argue that MCW, Dion, Grant and Wes are all solid NBA defenders.

I trust what Baye says, but "hurting your stock" is an extremely vague term. We've consistently put people in the league over the last decade like few colleges have.

If a kid wants to go to Duke, Kansas or UK over us, I hardly doubt the zone is the reason. If he wants to go to Iowa State, Georgetown or Michigan because they don't play zone and they think it will help them get drafted, then go for it.

I'd have to imagine this is an easy sell. He will be showcased and a guaranteed 1st round pick in 2 years max (barring unseen circumstances). This shouldn't be that difficult of a decision for him. If he chooses to leave without committing its bad for us . There really isn't any better situation that another school has to offer.