Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

That's not the problem.

The problem is not going out and actively replacing them. Tyler Ennis left years ago and we still haven't found a PG. Malachi left after last year and we're just now hoping Tucker commits. We don't fill the guard cupboard completely and we've obviously run into issues as a result. It's not on the kids leaving early; it's on the lack of reinforcements to effectively replace them.

Hopefully, with a full allotment of scholarships soon, we won't see this issue as much.

Yup, need to strengthen the base / foundation of the team. If we can land Tucker and Ayala, that will go a long way toward fortifying the team's nucleus for the next several years.

That's not the problem.

The problem is not going out and actively replacing them. Tyler Ennis left years ago and we still haven't found a PG. Malachi left after last year and we're just now hoping Tucker commits.
2017-01-04-sumiamifinal0392jpg-0fbfe63def6017b5.jpg

usa_today_9863994.0.jpg

How sure are we on tuck cause uh..
Yeah if he is allowig Ohio state to the party then why can't we. Just go say hi again. We've already had a scout look at him so we know about him

Some are still saying he will go to creighton and 3/4 have us getting tuck 1 has him going to GT and GT is also in the running for MJ Walker they have him split between fsu and GT

Brooks declares for draft
ugh. That's the one we needed to stay at Oregon.

Could you imagine if they pull Tucker and Ayala out from under us???

ugh. That's the one we needed to stay at Oregon.

Could you imagine if they pull Tucker and Ayala out from under us???
I think QG and the NIT season has really hurt the collective psyche of our fanbase. We're still Syracuse and they're still Oregon. Not that Tucker and Ayala can't pick that... but I think a year ago we'd feel a lot more confident that we should be the obvious favorite in any such matchup.

I think QG and the NIT season has really hurt the collective psyche of our fanbase. We're still Syracuse and they're still Oregon. Not that Tucker and Ayala can't pick that... but I think a year ago we'd feel a lot more confident that we should be the obvious favorite in any such matchup.

I agree with you, but much like fans, these kids we are recruiting have short memories. SU didn't make the tournament, Oregon is coming off a Final Four. Not saying I agree, just that many have developed a what have you done for me lately mentality.

I read on twitter this morning that Oregon is trying to get involved on the Brian Bowen front. They probably have a great shot with him now that Bridges decided to come back to MSU. I think McCoy is probably priority number 1 from Oregon. Yes, I have been stalking their message boards...

I agree with you, but much like fans, these kids we are recruiting have short memories. SU didn't make the tournament, Oregon is coming off a Final Four. Not saying I agree, just that many have developed a what have you done for me lately mentality.
True, but while it does have some impact, we were in the FF ourselves just last season. It's not like Gtown having to sell the kids on the glory days of Iverson they have never seen.

Could be. I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that if we don't land these two players, we're going to have a difficult time even fielding a complete / functional rotation.

Sucks that it has come to that, but such is the state of our roster as currently constituted.

True, but while it does have some impact, we were in the FF ourselves just last season. It's not like Gtown having to sell the kids on the glory days of Iverson they have never seen.

I was referring more to the competition with Oregon than Georgetown.

Could be. I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that if we don't land these two players, we're going to have a difficult time even fielding a complete / functional rotation.

Sucks that it has come to that, but such is the state of our roster as currently constituted.
True... there may be more nerves than usual since these are getting close to NEED recruits as opposed to WANT.

John Gillon signed on May 1st. Andrew White signed right before classes started. Just saying.

I read on twitter this morning that Oregon is trying to get involved on the Brian Bowen front. They probably have a great shot with him now that Bridges decided to come back to MSU. I think McCoy is probably priority number 1 from Oregon. Yes, I have been stalking their message boards...
Brandon McCoy goes to my son's high school in San Diego. Think he's Oregon bound

Totally agree and like Dean Francis said on his podcast. If you lock some of these kids up early, when they can first commit, you don't run into this problem down the road.