Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I agree with you, but much like fans, these kids we are recruiting have short memories. SU didn't make the tournament, Oregon is coming off a Final Four. Not saying I agree, just that many have developed a what have you done for me lately mentality.
We just made the final 4 the year before and twice in last 5 years. I'm sure the kids are aware...

Is he even ready to offer that kind of production? He's rated between 70th and 100 for 2018 and would probably be ranked around where Washington is now. Even with him I don't think he pushes Frank out of the way.
Unlike Washington, our coaches seem to REALLY want him. That says something to me.

Unlike Washington, our coaches seem to REALLY want him. That says something to me.

While we've had successes with a couple of lower ranked guys the past couple of years with Thompson and Lydon, we've struck out bad, really bad with some lower ranked guys. I don't share the same optimism but hope for the best.

Just a thought that occurred to me, but if we were to get Tucker, do you think there's any chance we would see Battle play the point, Tucker the 2, and Brisset the 3 (with Moyer, Thompson, and Sidabe figuring out the other 2 spots)? I can see Battle being a better point than Frank.

Just a thought that occurred to me, but if we were to get Tucker, do you think there's any chance we would see Battle play the point, Tucker the 2, and Brisset the 3 (with Moyer, Thompson, and Sidabe figuring out the other 2 spots)? I can see Battle being a better point than Frank.

I could see this. Especially if Frank struggles again. I've been impressed with Brisset lately. He seems pretty comfortable handling the ball and shooting threes.

Hopefully this is just a "hey" on his GT visit and not anything more...

I was really looking forward to seeing if Battle could run the 1 with Mali at the 2 last year

oh well...

I certainly hope not. That lineup would have many of the same limitations as the one we trotted out to start last season -- namely, no complimentary ball handling, poor passing group, a guy playing the 3 who doesn't have the skill set to thrive there offensively, etc.

Battle is going to have the ball in his hands next season. A lot. But I want him doing what he does best -- scoring -- not trying to run the team and set up others. We're going to need him to fill it up next year.

I certainly hope not. That lineup would have many of the same limitations as the one we trotted out to start last season -- namely, no complimentary ball handling, poor passing group, a guy playing the 3 who doesn't have the skill set to thrive there offensively, etc.

Battle is going to have the ball in his hands next season. A lot. But I want him doing what he does best -- scoring -- not trying to run the team and set up others. We're going to need him to fill it up next year.
Battle is not going to play the point. At this point, I'm a bit afraid of Ga tech.

I really, really hope we have some sort of plan B for the SF position next year if Tucker goes elsewhere. From what I am hearing and after listening to the Podcast, it does not sound as if we do.

I really, really hope we have some sort of plan B for the SF position next year if Tucker goes elsewhere. From what I am hearing and after listening to the Podcast, it does not sound as if we do.

Battle could play at the 3 but as of now he is one of 3 guards on the roster so who's playing guard? I think you could get by with Brissett and Moyer spotting minutes at the 3 but I don't think either is a legit 3 this season. Brissett seems like he can develop into one Moyer is likely at best a combo forward even down the road.

Hopefully this is just a "hey" on his GT visit and not anything more...
A SF with a rating of 80 on ESPN with his only two offers Georgia Tech and Illinois State? Not Worried about Tucker's tweet.

We can only assume it means (GASP) "See ya soon."
Do you really think that is how Tucker would announce he's going to GT? By saying "See ya soon" to a no-name recruit on Twitter?

Do you really think that is how Tucker would announce he's going to GT? By saying "See ya soon" to a no-name recruit on Twitter?

No. That's why my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek and my post was dripping with sarcasm.

Last edited:

Slovakian kid? But probably not a plan B who would be capable of starting / producing offensively last year. We'd have to dip back into the 5th year transfer market, which would be a crapshoot.