Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

A SF with a rating of 80 on ESPN with his only two offers Georgia Tech and Illinois State? Not Worried about Tucker's tweet.
hmm wouldn't Haywood being a lower echelon SF and signing w GT possibly make it more attractive for a higher echelon SF like Tucker to pick GT, in terms of guaranteed PT?

Slovakian kid? But probably not a plan B who would be capable of starting / producing offensively last year. We'd have to dip back into the 5th year transfer market, which would be a crapshoot.

If we were to get Tucker and Ayala I wouldn't mind using a ship on the Slovokian kid instead of a Grad Transfer at that point. Those two would sure up our major deficiencies and If Dolezaj doesn't qualify right away it doesn't hurt us. I think by 2018 he could provide scoring and shooting.

If we were to get Tucker and Ayala I wouldn't mind using a ship on the Slovokian kid instead of a Grad Transfer at that point. Those two would sure up our major deficiencies and If Dolezaj doesn't qualify right away it doesn't hurt us. I think by 2018 he could provide scoring and shooting.

I think that's the thinking. Plus, it replenishes the talent base / depth, and provides a solid foundation at the 3 moving forward.

Dolezaj is a very realistic possibility.

I think that's the thinking. Plus, it replenishes the talent base / depth, and provides a solid foundation at the 3 moving forward.

Dolezaj is a very realistic possibility.
I like that. Ayala is a 2/1, Tucker is a 3/2 and Dolezaj is a 3/4. They would provide depth at all positions but center. I love that versatility.

I'm not nervous but this recruiting from a need perspective wears on a guy. Tucker is a huge need. Another ball handling guard is a big need. If we come away with Tucker and any other live body that can help in the back court I'll feel good about next season.

The whole situation with Tucker is bizarre and gives me a bad vibe (despite his tweeting a photo in an Orange uniform). The guy has visited a bunch of times, seems to like it, is friendly with Moyer...but again never commits. Just like Quade, if he wanted to be Orange he would have committed. Now he's off to visit Oregon...a school that first gets involved near the stroke of midnight? I'm not liking the vibe. If he knew in his heart he wanted to be Orange he wouldn't be making trips to new last minute schools. Hope I'm wrong but...

The whole situation with Tucker is bizarre and gives me a bad vibe (despite his tweeting a photo in an Orange uniform). The guy has visited a bunch of times, seems to like it, is friendly with Moyer...but again never commits. Just like Quade, if he wanted to be Orange he would have committed. Now he's off to visit Oregon...a school that first gets involved near the stroke of midnight? I'm not liking the vibe. If he knew in his heart he wanted to be Orange he wouldn't be making trips to new last minute schools. Hope I'm wrong but...

I agree to some extent...i hope we are the favorite right now and he picks us and Oregon does worry me somewhat but right now I think it's ga tech that we should be worried about more then the ducks.

Well, that's not exactly how this particular recruitment has gone. Few prospects commit early for one thing. And we were the ones who backed off, otherwise I think there's a good chance we would have received a commitment in November. I can't blame him for taking the Oregon visit at this point. We're fortunate he's still interested in 'Cuse, all things considered.

Gotta give the kid some time. Let him enjoy his visits. He will commit when the time is right.
This is a huge decision for him and his family.
We may not like it but too bad.
Don't want to harp on a tweet, but as I said above, I did not get a good vibe from the tweet that said "see ya soon" to the new GT recruit.

Don't want to harp on a tweet, but as I said above, I did not get a good vibe from the tweet that said "see ya soon" to the new GT recruit.
I'm worried about Ga Tech. But that tweet doesn't scare me. Tucker is going to visit Ga Tech. We know that. They will see each other than. How did the Ga Tech fans feel when they saw Tucker pictured in a Syracuse uniform?

I'm worried about Ga Tech. But that tweet doesn't scare me. Tucker is going to visit Ga Tech. We know that. They will see each other than. How did the Ga Tech fans feel when they saw Tucker pictured in a Syracuse uniform?
Or when he re-tweeted that picture yesterday? Or when he started following Red? Or when he tweeted any number of pro-Syracuse things? We're talking about 17 and 18-year olds having fun on social media, nothing more.

I like it! Question - how many scholarships would we have to offer 2018 recruits with this scenario? I've lost track.

I like it! Question - how many scholarships would we have to offer 2018 recruits with this scenario? I've lost track.
Depends on if Battle and Thompson come back for their junior years. Howard could transfer, Brisette could explode and declare after his freshman year and Washington may transfer if he doesn't get enough PT. :noidea:

We are at 8 now. OB, BS, HW are the freshman, TT, TB, MM are the Sophs, FH, PC are the juniors. If you add 3 more thats 11 which is our limit. We get one back for the 18 class, Battle and TT will likely be gone so probable 3 ships to work with.

Depends on if Battle and Thompson come back for their junior years. Howard could transfer, Brisette could explode and declare after his freshman year and Washington may transfer if he doesn't get enough PT. :noidea:

I think 3 minimum but it can always be more.