Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

This is a totally different situation than Quade.

Feel like it's pretty hard to say we "lost" a recruit to someone else when we basically completely cut off communication for the entire season and only came back into the picture late hoping playing time and immediate chance to contribute at an upper level ACC school could overcome the radio silence for months.

I'd still hope in the end we would beat out Georgia Tech, but this was more of a last ditch effort than a referendum on our overall recruiting.

I think how we do with some of the other recruits we've been on the whole time (Ayala, Wright, etc) would be more indicative of whether there is a problem with our recruiting than Tucker's decision.

I don't know what will happen with the 2017 situation with Tucker and Ayala, but I still think the 2018 class is gonna be just fine and people are getting overly worked up over one class that really wouldn't even be that bad if Quade hadn't gotten swooped from underneath us at the last minute.

This is a much land recruit to prove we haven't lost it as a program, forget about being Syracuse fans, look at it from an objective point of view, why would you choose Tech over Syracuse?

This is a much land recruit to prove we haven't lost it as a program, forget about being Syracuse fans, look at it from an objective point of view, why would you choose Tech over Syracuse?

Atlanta has more entertainment options than Syracuse but strictly from a basketball standpoint, this would be a big and concerning loss if we lose him to Georgia tech

Are we not too concerned with his Oregon visit? Especially with them losing some guys to the draft Now? I think they may be a player in this now once he goes out there for his visit

Are we not too concerned with his Oregon visit? Especially with them losing some guys to the draft Now? I think they may be a player in this now once he goes out there for his visit

We should be concerned in general that he did not commit. He may be doing his due diligence but Tech is essentially closer to "home" and Oregon is an up and coming powerhouse with money and newly available playing time. I'd still say we're "favorites" but that should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt. This is close to any man's game right now, in my opinion.

Man, some of you guys are really freaking out. He may go to GaTech. It won't be the end of Syracuse basketball.

We would have had him if we didn't back off because of the situation. Now we come crawling back. He, and his family aren't dumb. We've had some bad luck this recruiting year. We need to build for the future, and we have great pieces coming in for that.

JT is probably the difference between the Tourney or NIT, but winning it all is the only thing that matters to me in the end. I'd like to keep the streak alive, and go on a run obviously.

If we land him, and Ayala then there's a chance, but we just need to reload the cupboard at this point in my mind. OB, HW, Sidibe, Moyer, TT is a good young core regardless. We will land some studs in 2018 per the usual. The sky won't fall if he chooses GaTech.

“Jose’s calling me every day trying to get me to come with him,” Tucker said. “It makes sense, I played with him on the Rens. So I don’t have to develop a new relationship with a point guard. They just want me to get back to having fun again and just playing in a free system and not having to look over my back.”

-quote from the latest Zagsblog on tucker.

He doesn't really sound to excited or into the whole Georgia tech thing. I dont know just my opinion when I read it and the way it came off

“Jose’s calling me every day trying to get me to come with him,” Tucker said. “It makes sense, I played with him on the Rens. So I don’t have to develop a new relationship with a point guard. They just want me to get back to having fun again and just playing in a free system and not having to look over my back.”

-quote from the latest Zagsblog on tucker.

He doesn't really sound to excited or into the whole Georgia tech thing. I dont know just my opinion when I read it and the way it came off

I do wish our point guard situation was resolved. That would make SU more attractive to a wing like Tucker.

Man, some of you guys are really freaking out. He may go to GaTech. It won't be the end of Syracuse basketball.

We would have had him if we didn't back off because of the situation. Now we come crawling back. He, and his family aren't dumb. We've had some bad luck this recruiting year. We need to build for the future, and we have great pieces coming in for that.

JT is probably the difference between the Tourney or NIT, but winning it all is the only thing that matters to me in the end. I'd like to keep the streak alive, and go on a run obviously.

If we land him, and Ayala then there's a chance, but we just need to reload the cupboard at this point in my mind. OB, HW, Sidibe, Moyer, TT is a good young core regardless. We will land some studs in 2018 per the usual. The sky won't fall if he chooses GaTech.

Amen to that.

Don't understand the double-talk from everyone when we try to distinguish ourselves from Georgia tech by talking about all the success we've had putting recruits in the NBA over the last decade, but then acting like the recruiting has totally gone by the wayside and we might as well pack it in and give up on the 15 or so top 100 kids we are involved with in 2018 if we don't land one kid we weren't even involved with a month ago.

So with Alvarado coming in to run point, Tadric back at 2 and Okogie at 3 what is Tech telling Tucker in terms of how the minutes would be distributed? Don't think he has the body or desire to spend a lot of time at PF.
Tad Jackson is the 6th man, if Tucker or Walker come to tech. They told him he can have as much minutes as he wants. They want him to play the 2- 3- 4 but he said he doesn't really want to play stretch 4.

Amen to that.

Don't understand the double-talk from everyone when we try to distinguish ourselves from Georgia tech by talking about all the success we've had putting recruits in the NBA over the last decade, but then acting like the recruiting has totally gone by the wayside and we might as well pack it in and give up on the 15 or so top 100 kids we are involved with in 2018 if we don't land one kid we weren't even involved with a month ago.

Its not double talk, its both true, we have put a lot of guys in the league, but also needs players badly because of guys leaving early, and having to go the grad transfer route last year.

Syracuse bball won't die, but we need this kid. We have had some misses in recruiting, had guys leave early, and its depleting our roster. The future starts with next year, losing a recruit to a much inferior program would be a bad start to that future.

Syracuse bball won't die, but we need this kid. We have had some misses in recruiting, had guys leave early, and its depleting our roster. The future starts with next year, losing a recruit to a much inferior program would be a bad start to that future.

I think Tucker happens to be a very big get. This would also show that our recruiting can get on track post-Hopkins. We need Tucker on this roster but we also need some momentum with our recruiting. Getting a top-50 kid would be huge.

I think Tucker happens to be a very big get. This would also show that our recruiting can get on track post-Hopkins. We need Tucker on this roster but we also need some momentum with our recruiting. Getting a top-50 kid would be huge.
God I hate myself for saying this but I think we are going to have a terrific recruiting year in 2018.

God I hate myself for saying this but I think we are going to have a terrific recruiting year in 2018.

Well, it wouldn't be for a lack of great prospects. The 2018 class is loaded. It would be very telling if we don't have a terrific class.

We have no clue how many scholarships we will have for 2018. We have zero Seniors and only 1 open scholarship because of the reduction only being one for 2018.

We don't know if Battle or Thompson will be gone after the year. Unless we pocket one this offseason we won't have multiple scholarships unless a player on the roster was pushed out.

We have no clue how many scholarships we will have for 2018. We have zero Seniors and only 1 open scholarship because of the reduction only being one for 2018.

We don't know if Battle or Thompson will be gone after the year. Unless we pocket one this offseason we won't have multiple scholarships unless a player on the roster was pushed out.
I don't believe Thompson or battle will be back after next season. I have seen that movie.

I don't believe Thompson or battle will be back after next season. I have seen that movie.

Outside of a mid range jumper what has TT shown that would warrant him leaving? He's not terribly athletic, can't rebound, isn't quick up and down the floor and we won't even talk about the defensive end of the floor.

Winning it all isn't the only thing that matters to me. Another 13 or more miserable Mondays & Saturdays this year are staring us in the face.

Outside of a mid range jumper what has TT shown that would warrant him leaving? He's not terribly athletic, can't rebound, isn't quick up and down the floor and we won't even talk about the defensive end of the floor.

One of the few good posts in this thread as of late.

People are acting like the sky is falling because a decision hasn't been made. The sun will rise tomorrow if Syracuse isn't Tucker's destination. If he doesn't choose to go to SU, he doesn't. If he does, then great for the short term health of the program. Some of you are forgetting that this is going to be arguably one of the bigger life decisions he has to make.

Agree. He doesn't fit the prototype of the stretch 4 in the same way that Lydon did and certainly isn't a nba 5. Think we're all a little ahead of ourselves because we're seeing a big that can step out and hit a 15 footer and we just haven't seen that at Cuse outside of Tyler.

Need to at least wait until the 2018 class to go with an all eggs in one basket recruiting pitch Photobucket burning couch