Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Think it's pretty 50/50 right now.

Would be very nice to land this kid. I won't be heartbroken if we miss out, I find it really encouraging that JB's back on the trail and active. Really makes me believe in the revenge tour.
I am encouraged by Jb being back on the trail as well. But I really want Tucker. Tucker and Ayala will make us at the very least, an exciting team to watch anyway.

I am encouraged by Jb being back on the trail as well. But I really want Tucker. Tucker and Ayala will make us at the very least, an exciting team to watch anyway.

Agreed. We need both. Otherwise we are staring at another grad transfer or another NIT year. We might be looking at the latter anyway.

Tucker may go to ga tech. I think that is a very real possibility. But it will have nothing to do with what a friend says.

Perhaps not friends but someone here posted his family is moving near Atlanta If true, that may be the reason for GT interest. No offense but program seems JV compared to Cuse in terms of national prominence

I agree, I think looking back we'd see the won recruitments of Battle and Tucker as examples of how JB held the program together and assured the continuity of our success.

That being said, in the unfortunate chance where he goes to Tech... I believe the staff can figure this out. I don't think a losing season or even the NIT is an option again. JB will do his best to make sure, and what more can we really ask for. He is very old but he's a stubborn ox.

In Atlanta, the GT fan base amounts to local GT alums, and that is a very small slice of the metro population pie. In Syracuse, the SU fan base is the entire population (ok, what else is there?). GT will never ever draw 20k, much less 30.
Plus, no matter where you go in this country, people know SU basketball. GT? Eh, not so much!

I agree, I think looking back we'd see the won recruitments of Battle and Tucker as examples of how JB held the program together and assured the continuity of our success.

That being said, in the unfortunate chance where he goes to Tech... I believe the staff can figure this out. I don't think a losing season or even the NIT is an option again. JB will do his best to make sure, and what more can we really ask for. He is very old but he's a stubborn ox.

Of course not an ideal option but the likelihood of it happening is closer to reality than not, imo. We would desperately need more of everything. Ballhandling, shooting, scoring, etc. Really scary. Not sure Popovich could even make it not happen.

I'm not sure there's any way to spin this if he chooses Tech over us.

That combined with Quade would be a lot to take in one recruiting period and is going to cause a lot of people, rightfully so, to wonder out loud what the problem is and when we should address it.

That combined with Quade would be a lot to take in one recruiting period and is going to cause a lot of people, rightfully so, to wonder out loud what the problem is and when we should address it.

Rest assured, if it happens it will be spun and anyone who expresses concerns will be painted as disloyal idiots.

There will be no way to spin it, losing a recruit to Pay pal Cal is one thing, losing one to Gtech is a different story, we cannot lose this kid.

There will be no way to spin it, losing a recruit to Pay pal Cal is one thing, losing one to Gtech is a different story, we cannot lose this kid.
The kid lives in Ga.. That is tough to overcome.

I thought you said we had a good chance of landing him.
First of all, I never said any such thing. I said that we were going to get Ayala. I think it is a toss up with Tucker. I am worried about Ga tech.

It's Georgia Tech. It's not like he lives in North Carolina and we're worried about UNC or Duke...I'll even give you NC State.

Tech is literally a non-factor in the pantheon of Georgia sports. They barely even move the meter in Atlanta. Tech is a joke.

No. Wouldn't say that either. I think we have a slightly better chance than 50%

I will take that, Gtech hasn't been to the ncaa tournament in 7 years, at some point I hope he realizes how much more we have to offer than they do.

It's Georgia Tech. It's not like he lives in North Carolina and we're worried about UNC or Duke...I'll even give you NC State.

Tech is literally a non-factor in the pantheon of Georgia sports. It's barely even moves the meter in Atlanta. They are a joke.
I'd agree if it was Still Gregory coaching there and still on that trajectory - but Pastner does have them trending up and he 's a legit recruiter

I'd agree if it was Still Gregory coaching there and still on that trajectory - but Pastner does have them trending up and he 's a legit recruiter
He must be Cal reincarnate because I'd honestly say that Cuse could give Tech fans a run for their money in terms of numbers in the North Metro/Atlanta area.

Their biggest story in the AJC was when they played us.

Make the Ncaa tourney and I will say he has them trending up.

nah, just look at how they were playing the year prior to Pastner with arguably a better roster - I'm no GT fan but if you don't think they're trending up you're wrong

They had zero expectations last year, lets see how they do when something is expected of them.

This is a totally different situation than Quade.

Feel like it's pretty hard to say we "lost" a recruit to someone else when we basically completely cut off communication for the entire season and only came back into the picture late hoping playing time and immediate chance to contribute at an upper level ACC school could overcome the radio silence for months.

I'd still hope in the end we would beat out Georgia Tech, but this was more of a last ditch effort than a referendum on our overall recruiting.

I think how we do with some of the other recruits we've been on the whole time (Ayala, Wright, etc) would be more indicative of whether there is a problem with our recruiting than Tucker's decision.

I don't know what will happen with the 2017 situation with Tucker and Ayala, but I still think the 2018 class is gonna be just fine and people are getting overly worked up over one class that really wouldn't even be that bad if Quade hadn't gotten swooped from underneath us at the last minute.

The kid is from NY he moved to Georgia recently. This isn't a kid from GA his whole life choosing Tech it's a kid liking what Tech is selling over SU if he doesn't choose us.

This wouldn't be a tough thing to overcome. Losing this recruitment is a bad state of the program period. We are using the big dogs here if we can't close that is bad.

I still think we are going to win this one though.