Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Regarding the earlier tweet, what exactly could JT's uncle be saying when he says that they'd support him "either way." Wouldn't both Cuse and Duke divide the house if the uncle is a UNC fan?

Think it was before the Duke offer. Family wanted him at GT (close to home), JT wanted SU.

Hoping he still comes here, but if he chooses Duke, good for him. That'd obviously be what he's wanted this whole time and you can't force a kid to come here if his heart is elsewhere. Let's just hope he wanted the offer to prove he could get it but likes our situation better. Unlikely, I guess, but here's to hoping.

If Tucker goes to Duke (or GT), it'll stink but it'll be much more emblematic of our current problems than anything. Another target with no backup plans (at least that we're aware of), one that we are somewhat lucky to be involved with, as it is, at this point after ignoring him for months. The recruiting strategies we've seen seem to be very flawed. Even if we are to land Tucker, our recruiting is flawed and needs to change.

We're once again still scrambling to fill a starting lineup and have enough bodies for practice. That's a major issue and something that cannot continue with the next cycle. We don't have shooters, no SF and a PG position that is anything but settled. Same. As. Last. Summer. At some point, something has to change or we're going to settle in as a bottom half ACC program, if we aren't there already.

A nice surprise from JT would make everyone a whole lot happier.

Time for the ugly truth

We have lost our edge in recruiting

And it's not Hop though he was a part of it.

We have become stale ... The hoops program is where the football program was towards the end of P.

There is a negative energy and aura surrounding it and it shows on the recruiting front

I am sure Buddy will be Orange and will be a Rautins level player for us. Next year will be crucial.

There is a reason JB came out and stated he will be here another 5-6 years. Because EVERYONE is using his age and retirement against us right now .

Aslong as we can rebound in 18 and 19, we will be ok.

Tucker is Tucker. Does he end up at Duke? Something tells me no.

But we as fans need to relax and breathe and realize the reality of the program current health.

We are in the precipous of reaching where our football program was nearly 20 years ago.

These are dangerous times

Time for the ugly truth

We have become stale ... The hoops program is where the football program was towards the end of P.

There is a negative energy and aura surrounding it and it shows on the recruiting front

I am sure Buddy will be Orange and will be a Rautins level player for us. Next year will be crucial.

There is a reason JB came out and stated he will be here another 5-6 years. Because EVERYONE is using his age and retirement against us right now .

But we as fans need to relax and breathe and realize the reality of the program current health.

We are in the precipous of reaching where our football program was nearly 20 years ago.

New Basketball-only dorm; separate rooms, private dining hall, barbershop, movie theater, bowling alley...

Time for the ugly truth

A bit over the top but also a lot of scary truths in this post.

These kids are all uber competitive in pretty much all affects of life. I think Tucker is adding drama to his recruitment just to run the post count up in this forum to make a run at the Thompson and White threads from last summer. We have some work ahead of us ladies and gentlemen so get posting!

so that's basically the same article he already wrote but just added the fact he received an offer from duke. I follow zagoria because he has some good info but I really hate him.

The difference in that article, which I didn't see in the original, and which I was referencing by my post was that we had all 4 coachs contacting him.

Last edited:
Time for the ugly truth

So dramatic!

The difference it that article, which I didn't see in the original, and which I was referencing by my post was that we had all 4 coachs contacting him.
that's true I didn't really think about that I was too annoyed with the quotes I had already seen. hopefully tucker appreciates that we were going all out while duke went all out on someone else.

I think the staff recognizes our need to add a shooter but they also believe Moyer and Brissett can play the small forward role. I think they believe Frank Howard Washington can handle the point guard spot. They think/ thought Tucker would solve our shooting deficiency. We will see what happens now.

I'm terribly worried if they think Howard and Washington can stand up as our point guards.

Time for the ugly truth

Agree except Tucker to Duke appears to be a given.

The difference in that article, which I didn't see in the original, and which I was referencing by my post was that we had all 4 coachs contacting him.
Hey, that's no last minute conference call.