Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I wonder if comments in the Twitterverse are getting under his skin.
He definitely seems to address stuff like this more often than most recruits via twitter. You can tell by his retweets that the kid reads everything tweeted about him.

I think that specific tweet is regarding the offer to Hamilton. If he's not scared, he certainly has a weird way of showing it

Wouldn't that be something... to out recruit Duke for a kid. Have we ever beaten Duke for a player that we both offered? Now that would be flat out awesome!

Battle and im sure a bunch of others...

Sure. My point is if they truly don't know if they're getting JT, it is sending him an odd signal, offering a top SF. They probably do know, one way or the other.

Or the other possibility is that they are Duke and can offer whomever they want, whenever they want. That's probably the right answer.

More speculation. Fun times.

Meanwhile, it'd be a jaw dropper if he's not wearing Duke gear at his announcement.
Careful what you ask for. He may have been a bit overwhelmed by the prospects of his competition this year and now with Hamilton offer same situation next year. Being on a highly ranked team as filler won't get you noticed like being a star on a lesser team. If the NBA is his goal, he needs to play and be noticed. I still maintain that when the smoke clears he coming to Cuse where his heart is and prospects best for his career.

Careful what you ask for. He may have been a bit overwhelmed by the prospects of his competition this year and now with Hamilton offer same situation next year. Being on a highly ranked team as filler won't get you noticed like being a star on a lesser team. If the NBA is his goal, he needs to play and be noticed. I still maintain that when the smoke clears he coming to Cuse where his heart is and prospects best for his career.

Maybe the timing of the offer going out to that kid playing the same position will indirectly help our cause.

Maybe the timing of the offer going out to that kid playing the same position will indirectly help our cause.
I agree. I think it will exhibit to Jordan the power and constant evolution of the Perpetual Duke machine that gathers massive talent and keeps what it wants and discards the rest. Talk about looking over your shoulder all the time. Coach K plays a short bench and probably will continue to as ACC competition continues to ramp up. Tucker could waste a year or two floundering there and then reach an undesirable age for drafting after transferring and sitting out a year. Going to Duke may be good for the ego initially, but could also be a great way to shoot yourself in the foot Jmho

I agree. I think it will exhibit to Jordan the power and constant evolution of the Perpetual Duke machine that gathers massive talent and keeps what it wants and discards the rest. Talk about looking over your shoulder all the time. Coach K plays a short bench and probably will continue to as ACC competition continues to ramp up. Tucker could waste a year or two floundering there and then reach an undesirable age for drafting after transferring and sitting out a year. Going to Duke may be good for the ego initially, but could also be a great way to shoot yourself in the foot Jmho
Hopefully our coaches use that to our benefit. Coaches want to negative recruit against Syracuse, well we can negative recruit as well.

At this point, I'm not even willing to rule out GT, though I still think he ends up at Duke.

Hopefully our coaches use that to our benefit. Coaches want to negative recruit against Syracuse, well we can negative recruit as well.

I think that can get a little tricky though. Someone might've said this earlier in the thread but telling a kid that you wouldn't be able to see the floor at Duke but would be a big piece of what we do here indirectly and subtly reinforces his "Syracuse is a tier below Duke" paradigm and kinda just boosts Duke .

Honestly, I hope the staff just tells him there's an opportunity here for you to step in and see major minutes, play to your strengths and play at a great program. We have great facilities, strong track record of getting kids drafted and on Saturday's in the winter there is no better atmosphere in college basketball than the Dome when a ranked team comes into town.

Maybe it will be enough, maybe it won't but I think that's our most effective approach. We'll probably never look "better" than Duke to him but if we can show him we still have plenty to offer and we can help him have a great career and be successful hopefully it resonates enough.

The timing of that offer is not an accident. If they were unsure of Tucker either way, they would've waited on that offer. He either signed with Duke and is waiting to announce publicly or he told Duke he was going somewhere else. Absolutely no way K makes that offer if he's concerned about how it may impact Tucker decision. Duke knows what he's doing.

He definitely seems to address stuff like this more often than most recruits via twitter. You can tell by his retweets that the kid reads everything tweeted about him.

I think that specific tweet is regarding the offer to Hamilton. If he's not scared, he certainly has a weird way of showing it

Hey that makes him a great fit with JB, no coach reads more about himself and is more thin skinned than JB

The timing of that offer is not an accident. If they were unsure of Tucker either way, they would've waited on that offer. He either signed with Duke and is waiting to announce publicly or he told Duke he was going somewhere else. Absolutely no way K makes that offer if he's concerned about how it may impact Tucker decision. Duke knows what he's doing.
Maybe he gave them the same silent verbal he seemingly gave everyone else. No question the timing of that offer was odd but, like you said, K knows.

I don't think Coach K is that big on Tucker and if Duke had restricted scholarships he wouldn't have even offered Jordan. Not even in the system yet and feeling like an "also ran" can't be comforting but could be eye opening

Couple of things, 1) the offer is for a player in 2018 (Tucker could blow out big?? In 2017 and go pro), and
2) I would be more concerned with I was Tucker that Cam Reddish would be coming in 2018 because Reddish definitely will receive playing time. That said, Jordan Tucker is a confident player and says bring the competition on because he is going to play. On Duke, they only have one other true SF who did not play much last year. So he has to believe that he has a wide open path to start (unless the 5 star that is top 10 in the nation they have a SG is used to play SF.

Tony Bradley and Ike Anigbogu played 13-15 minutes a game this year and are both viewed as first rounders. Obviously Tucker may not even be a lock for those kinds of minutes, but he could certainly become a first round pick in a small role if he plays well with those minutes.

I don't think Coach K is that big on Tucker and if Duke had restricted scholarships he wouldn't have even offered Jordan. Not even in the system yet and feeling like an "also ran" can't be comforting but could be eye opening
Coach K is big on keeping Tucker away from Cuse and GT.

Tony Bradley and Ike Anigbogu played 13-15 minutes a game this year and are both viewed as first rounders. Obviously Tucker may not even be a lock for those kinds of minutes, but he could certainly become a first round pick in a small role if he plays well with those minutes.
Amazing. Ok I guess I was wrong

Coach K is big on keeping Tucker away from Cuse and GT.

I don't doubt that what you suggest plays into the situation. That said he was counting on Knox and is now trying to plug a roster spot.

No doubt! Now, if that pic of JT at K's house had him actually swimming in his pool...well, that's a horse of a different color. ;)

This recruitments been frustrating, however im relieved that the staffs gathered together several other targets for 2017 and 2018 to help address immediate and annually ailing issues. Not quite in as seemingly hopeless of a situation as it seemed we were at the end of the quade green recruitment

JT retweeted Elijah Hughes orange commitment and added a tweet of his owns back at him with wandering eyes and orange. Does that mean anything lol?

JT retweeted Elijah Hughes orange commitment and added a tweet of his owns back at him with wandering eyes and orange. Does that mean anything lol?
JT and EH played in HS about 20 miles from each other. I am sure they have known each other a long time, played with and against each other a lot and have been friendly for years.

Tick tock tick tock. Jordan now has all the info he needs between the three schools and I would ASSUME decision is imminent. Now he is probably deciding on how and at what venue to announce decision. The only that may delay him is wanting to receive more attention

Tick tock tick tock. Jordan now has all the info he needs between the three schools and I would ASSUME decision is imminent. Now he is probably deciding on how and at what venue to announce decision. The only that may delay him is wanting to receive more attention
Yes, and he has me, a grown man, checking his twitter page constantly throughout the day. If it was attention he wanted, well he got it from Cuse, GT, and Duke fans for sure.

Crazy thing is that he is only a 4 star recruit. Reminds me of CJ Fair and is more than likely not going to be a superstar as a Freshman.

JT and EH played in HS about 20 miles from each other. I am sure they have known each other a long time, played with and against each other a lot and have been friendly for years.

that is correct, they are friends. can't hurt us.