Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know Taylor's shooting stats for this season? His 3P% during AAU play was not good.
Maybe that was just a blip. Or not.

Anyone know Taylor's shooting stats for this season? His 3P% during AAU play was not good.
Maybe that was just a blip. Or not.
I’ve tried to find stats on him, but IMG only has 3 games documented on their site in which he averaged 13ppg on 40% shooting.

I’ve tried to find stats on him, but IMG only has 3 games documented on their site in which he averaged 13ppg on 40% shooting.
I was just looking through all their schedule and results, too. Dismayed to find most had "No data." Which is bizarre, for a 'sports academy' in the 2020s.

What are you most excited about playing at Cuse?
Bunch: Definitely the fans. Most definitely.
Carey: Yeah, playing in this atmosphere... (couldn't understand the last part)
Taylor: Yeah, playing in this atmosphere, playing with these guys. Super excited.
Screenshot_20220226-221847_Instagram.jpg

What are you most excited about playing at Cuse?
Bunch: Definitely the fans. Most definitely.
Carey: Yeah, playing in this atmosphere... (couldn't understand the last part)
Taylor: Yeah, playing in this atmosphere, playing with these guys. Super excited.
View attachment 214804
Carey: "Yeah, Definitely playing in this atmosphere-- it's unmatched in all of college basketball." FIFY :p

Yeah I've hunted around for stats for Quadir and JT, can't find 'em. MaxPreps has IMG's national team on there, but tough to find info on the post-grad team.

Taylor might be the most complete player on the team. His all around game is more complete than Buddy or Swider imo. If he adjusts well to the college game it sure would be a much needed weapon for this team. He’s got the Lawrence Moten poise and smoothness to him.

The most complete player on the team. His all around game is more complete than Buddy or Swider imo. If he adjusts well to the college game it sure would be a much needed weapon for this team. He’s got the Lawrence Moten poise and smoothness to him.
Not next year. Not happening. If the SU coaches believed this, they wouldn’t have pursued Mintz. They would have just handed Taylor the backup guard spot.

Not next year. Not happening. If the SU coaches believed this, they wouldn’t have pursued Mintz. They would have just handed Taylor the backup guard spot.
Except taylor isn’t a pg.

Except taylor isn’t a pg.
I said backup guard. SU needs a combo guard who can score off the bench. Taylor won’t be ready to provide that help next season. Seen him play in person. He’ll need time to develop.

Taylor is going to be a forward. Fans are down on his shooting ability, but he can do everything else well. He can get to the basket, pass, rebound, and defend. He’s not a Buddy type player. He’s more athletic and not as good of a shooter.

I said backup guard. SU needs a combo guard who can score off the bench. Taylor won’t be ready to provide that help next season. Seen him play in person. He’ll need time to develop.
So have I. He’s not a guard. At least to start. He’s a 3. That’s where he will help here. Especially if someone defects there.

Taylor is going to be a forward. Fans are down on his shooting ability, but he can do everything else well. He can get to the basket, pass, rebound, and defend. He’s not a Buddy type player. He’s more athletic and not as good of a shooter.
Exactly, a forward.

One has nothing to do with the other. Mintz will play the 1 and some 2 Taylor will play the 3 and might help with the 2. They really have nothing to do with each other.

One has nothing to do with the other. Mintz will play the 1 and some 2 Taylor will play the 3 and might help with the 2. They really have nothing to do with each other.

"Will?"

Something you are willing to share?

So have I. He’s not a guard. At least to start. He’s a 3. That’s where he will help here. Especially if someone defects there.
He’s a 2 guard. Bunch is a 3. If anyone plays the 3, it’ll be Bunch. And Bunch is a better shooter. But Bunch has other issues.

Mintz isn’t coming. Bunch will pay the 3. He’s not a 2. Taylor isn’t going to provide much help regardless of where he plays. If any freshman earns a lot of minutes, we’re in for a long year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom