Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know he looks like a Buddy, Trevor and Andy mix. I hate when people compare players based on their skin color. It’s stupid and lazy. Although to be fair he actually looks like Buddy. Taylor isn’t replacing Buddy, Judah Mintz will be.
Judah Mintz is nothing like BB in looks or play. He handles the ball, penetrates using his speed and athleticism. He is also a in you face defender again nothing like BB. Taylor plays more like BB a as he comes off screens, stops in lane for fadeaways, same size. He appears more athletic than BB maybe more like Hughes, IMO

Gus Johnson didn’t exclaim, ”My name’s Al Harrington—I move sleds!”

Buddy Boehiem
He’s probably well ahead of Buddy at the same stage in many areas….question I have is how pure is his stroke?

That got Buddy on the court right away (as he was one of our only guys who could shoot), and made him a 4 year contributor.

Hoping Taylor can knock down shots and be a solid contributor from day 1. We need him.

Not that Bunch couldn't surprise but this kid is coming in with the right attitude, good size, upperclassmen body and all around game playing both ends. A taller Cooney is music to my ears as the things Cooney did that beyond shooting made him a winner.

If he can clean up his jump shot and be effective as a frosh that would be a huge asset. His strength should help him be an adequate rebounder.

Maybe JB's gamble not to pick up a another player from the portal will payoff. Of course he probably doesn't consider it a gamble.

Nobody can ever doubt JB wanting to win. He must feel pretty confident in these kids if he didn’t feel the need to go to the portal. It will force him to go to his bench which may be a blessing in disguise.

Nobody can ever doubt JB wanting to win. He must feel pretty confident in these kids if he didn’t feel the need to go to the portal. It will force him to go to his bench which may be a blessing in disguise.
It will "force" him to play some freshmen. Not so sure it will force him to go to the bench any more than he has been. I think we are more likely to see a 7.5 rotation similar to the last several years.

Earning her money with 7 new guys this summer!
cosmo kramer pimp GIF

It will "force" him to play some freshmen. Not so sure it will force him to go to the bench any more than he has been. I think we are more likely to see a 7.5 rotation similar to the last several years.
I always feel like one more would make for a better team. 8 man rotation with one guys just on the outside. If an injury happens your season isn’t over v

A roster with 3 centers, 4 forwards and 4 guards allows for the starters and a key reserve at each position in the 8 man rotation AND an extra quality player not expected to play much this year in case of injury.

After that, the extra scholarships can be given to deep bench projects or walkons as rewards. This is how JB usually plays, although more like 7.5 instead of 8 most seasons.

He also sometimes would often rather play somebody out of position than his deep backups lately, but I suspect that was more because the bench recruits were weaker than the previous decade than actual preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom