Shad on ESPN says UConn, Rutgers committed to BE | Syracusefan.com

Shad on ESPN says UConn, Rutgers committed to BE

shermstheman

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
They said this the BE football schools meeting today. And then, I bet, they called the ACC again to beg in.

Hard to believe that anyone sitting at the table believes anyone else at this point. At the very least they will need another football school to maintain their BCS status. And that is if TCU stays.

Liar's Poker in full force.

Deep in my gut I somehow believe that the ACC will, for now, stand pat at 14. I don't know why but I think that the ACC went (goes) thumbs down on UConn and Rutgers. Afterall what do they honestly bring to the table? Think football and audience people.

Deep in my gut I somehow believe that the ACC will, for now, stand pat at 14. I don't know why but I think that the ACC went (goes) thumbs down on UConn and Rutgers. Afterall what do they honestly bring to the table? Think football and audience people.

The ACC will stand pat IMO until they are 100% convinced they will never get ND.

The ACC will stand pat IMO until they are 100% convinced they will never get ND.
I agree completely and I don't believe that ND will give up it's lucrative independency in football ala Texas. So no ND ... ACC stands pat.

Now that the Pac12 is static and Big12 is pledging to stick aroung, I don't think the ACC will do anything more at this time. However, I bet they will be poised to make the first move if they see something more happening. If the SEC adds a 14th team, that could start the ball rolling again.

I'd like to see the ACC be the first to 16 but I agree that they are waiting on ND . . . . makes me wonder if adding a 15th team from the BE would force ND. I mean it would really fold the BE fball side and leave one spot left that ll the remaining BE fball schools would be dying to have. Might put ND in a now or never scenario with the ACC.

ND will never be in a "now or never" situation. They can simply wait five years and wait for the dust to settle, then apply to the conf of their choice and that conf will kick someone out and admit ND. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

ND will never be in a "now or never" situation. They can simply wait five years and wait for the dust to settle, then apply to the conf of their choice and that conf will kick someone out and admit ND. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

While I agree that Notre Dame carries a significant deal of leverage, what precedent can you point to that suggests that one of these conferences would (or even could) simply eject a member because a better option came along? I believe that while there are "open slots" in a conference Notre Dame would likely be the most desired partner to fill the open slot and they might even convince a 16 team conference to go to 17, but I'm not sure any conference would eject a member.

The only issue for Notre Dame is will they reach a point where their most desired conference alignment option closes or could they over play their hand and lose some of their desirability over time? It has been a long time since Notre Dame football has really been relevant on the field as opposed to in the Nielsen books.

Yeah UConn and Rutgers are committed to the Big East...until the phone rings with an offer from the ACC or B1G. What are they supposed to say for now.

Yeah UConn and Rutgers are committed to the Big East...until the phone rings with an offer from the ACC or B1G. What are they supposed to say for now.

The Big Ten ain't walking through that door. The ACC ain't walking through that door.

what precedent can you point to that suggests that one of these conferences would (or even could) simply eject a member because a better option came along?

Wasn't Temple booted out of the BE? Believe me, schools can be expelled from a conference. Traditionally it has been unusual but we are in a new era today.

Wasn't Temple booted out of the BE? Believe me, schools can be expelled from a conference. Traditionally it has been unusual but we are in a new era today.

They got booted for an attendance rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom