Shafer can coach D | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer can coach D

Georgia State to the ACC.
Gotta own that Atlanta market.

Or Temple to the ACC they own that Philadelphia market.

Media market doesn’t mean anything when you aren’t the top dog in your area. You know this stuff cmon man.
Also Middle Tennessee isn’t even in Nashville like Vanderbilt is and Tennessee owns that area.

Adding Middle Tennessee would be like the ACC adding Manhattan College basketball program to own NYC market.
Gtech is in Atlanta and the southern schools don't like Temple or Philadelphia. MTSU is the equivalent of any no.2 university in any other state.

Don't laugh. There has been talk of MTSU moving up for a while. I personally don't think they'd join the ACC. Just talk, for now, though.

And, he's correct; MTSU has the largest number of enrolled students in the state of Tennessee. 25K or so.
Mtsu will never be a member of the acc

It's one of the top private schools in the country.
I understand that. Stanford is one of the top private schools in the country as well but that doesn't have any bearing on Cal and UCLA. I'm really not trying to say that MTSU is anything compared to them academically or even that MTSU could get into the ACC, though I don't think they are any worse than Louisville. My original point was that Scott will become the head coach there. I knew when they came on the schedule that it was going to be a tough game as MTSU is not just some weak directional school . People from the northeast can't comprehend the fact that other areas of the country are growing and changing. The Nashville metro area is going to continue to grow for a long time.

I understand that. Stanford is one of the top private schools in the country as well but that doesn't have any bearing on Cal and UCLA. I'm really not trying to say that MTSU is anything compared to them academically or even that MTSU could get into the ACC, though I don't think they are any worse than Louisville. My original point was that Scott will become the head coach there. I knew when they came on the schedule that it was going to be a tough game as MTSU is not just some weak directional school . People from the northeast can't comprehend the fact that other areas of the country are growing and changing. The Nashville metro area is going to continue to grow for a long time.

Growing market does not equal interest in MTSU.

HOUSTON COULDNT GET A P5 INVITE

Growing market does not equal interest in MTSU.

HOUSTON COULDNT GET A P5 INVITE
The only P5 conference Houston could go to is the Big12 and they already have 4 teams in Texas. Companies want to expand into new territories not ones where they already have a share of the market.

Wolfgang let it go.

Please stop it. Louisville was a multigenerational athletic power well before Pitino showed up there.

I've lived in Nashville for a while a long time ago. MTSU has a good head coach and QB who'll get some looks. To compare that to UL is folly.

There is nothing in Shafer's resume that says he should be a HC. He was at his best wearing a tee shirt in our coaches box calling blitzes.

Please stop it. Louisville was a multigenerational athletic power well before Pitino showed up there.

I've lived in Nashville for a while a long time ago. MTSU has a good head coach and QB who'll get some looks. To compare that to UL is folly.

There is nothing in Shafer's resume that says he should be a HC. He was at his best wearing a tee shirt in our coaches box calling blitzes.
Was the Nissan plant in Murfreesboro there at the time you lived there? It is one of the most advanced auto manufacturing plants in the world and employs 8500 people and is pumping humongous money into that city as well as MTSU. There is huge money flowing into the Nashville metroplex. As far as SS being the HC there, it just seems odd that he wouldn't get a much better DC gig as he did that job at Stanford, Michigan and Syracuse under Harbaugh, Richrod and Marrone.

Was the Nissan plant in Murfreesboro there at the time you lived there? It is one of the most advanced auto manufacturing plants in the world and employs 8500 people and is pumping humongous money into that city as well as MTSU. There is huge money flowing into the Nashville metroplex. As far as SS being the HC there, it just seems odd that he wouldn't get a much better DC gig as he did that job at Stanford, Michigan and Syracuse under Harbaugh, Richrod and Marrone.
You can really make any argument you want. The truth is MTSU will never be involved in a P5 realignment. Ever. Anything else is a waste of time and pixels.

You can really make any argument you want. The truth is MTSU will never be involved in a P5 realignment. Ever. Anything else is a waste of time and pixels.
Their QB Stockstil returns next year and SS gets more players on defense so I expect them to have their best year ever and start to be looked at as a Boise State type of mid-major. Their basketball already dominates the Cusa and as SU fans remember, knocked Michigan State out of the big dance. They also beat Princeton yesterday in that Hawai'i holiday tourney. There is something going on there.

Their QB Stockstil returns next year and SS gets more players on defense so I expect them to have their best year ever and start to be looked at as a Boise State type of mid-major. Their basketball already dominates the Cusa and as SU fans remember, knocked Michigan State out of the big dance. They also beat Princeton yesterday in that Hawai'i holiday tourney. There is something going on there.
And that something isn't a move to the ACC or any other P5 conference. They have maxed-out their status.

And that something isn't a move to the ACC or any other P5 conference. They have maxed-out their status.
In the words of Scarface, " First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the invite".

In the words of Scarface, " First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the invite".
Just don't hold your breath. We need all our posters here. ;)

Just don't hold your breath. We need all our posters here. ;)
I will leave this with 2 thoughts. If Boise State was in the Nashville area, would they be a P5 target and MTSU plays USC at 4:30 in the Hawai'i aloha ocomeoniwannalaya tourney.

Wolfgang stop it.
Your father was a good defensive coordinator and terrible HC.
Middle Tennessee is in CUSA that isn’t even the top G6 league.
Both the American and MWC are better.
Scott had to take the MTSU because he backed out of the MD job and P5 teams don’t like getting their chains yanked especially if the coach isn’t a good recruiter.
I hope he enjoys MTSU. It’s a good fit for a midmajor coach to develop his craft.

Wolfgang stop it.
Your father was a good defensive coordinator and terrible HC.
Middle Tennessee is in CUSA that isn’t even the top G6 league.
Both the American and MWC are better.
Scott had to take the MTSU because he backed out of the MD job and P5 teams don’t like getting their chains yanked especially if the coach isn’t a good recruiter.
I hope he enjoys MTSU. It’s a good fit for a midmajor coach to develop his craft.
troll.jpg

I think it's more likely that the ACC would reduce it's size than expand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom