Shafer Dismissed per SI | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Dismissed per SI

If Rice played RB.

Plus it's a different system, different coaches, different teammates, etc. Hard to project what he would have done here, only assume.

Yeah because those guys didn't know how to use running backs.

I know you're being sarcastic here. One thing P&D did exceptionally well was build a workable running game, year-in and year-out. We had 1,000 yard rushers every single year for as long as I can remember when they were running the show.

That editorial was garbage. What was this? The presidential race? I lost what little respect I had for the PS. There was no need for them celebrating.

Thought the coverage has been pretty good until that editorial. Totally agree - that was uncalled for and filled with unconfirmed information.

GoSU96 said:

Well they were gonna play mike hart at DB. Though we never had a shot at him. Trying to project a kid into a different program isn't much different than using the distributive property with teams. I think he would have been real good too, but we'll never know for sure.

Well they were gonna play mike hart at DB. Though we never had a shot at him. Trying to project a kid into a different program isn't much different than using the distributive property with teams. I think he would have been real good too, but we'll never know for sure.
Or the transitive property. :D

Anyone have a link?

MSOrange said:
Thought the coverage has been pretty good until that editorial. Totally agree - that was uncalled for and filled with unconfirmed information.

That editorial was garbage. What was this? The presidential race? I lost what little respect I had for the PS. There was no need for them celebrating.
A pretty gutless kick to the man's nuts on his way out. I can just imagine that group of clowns sitting around putting that piece of crap together, falling over each other trying to put their stamp on it.

A pretty gutless kick to the man's nuts on his way out. I can just imagine that group of clowns sitting around putting that piece of crap together, falling over each other trying to put their stamp on it.

Especially for a newspaper that had layoffs not that long ago.

Especially for a newspaper that had layoffs not that long ago.
Good point. Too bad they've laid off the wrong people in the sports department for the most part. Waters and Ditota do a nice job, but most of the rest rub me the wrong way. Bud fancies himself as a modern day Grantland Rice but his laziness and arrogance betrays him. Axe is a talk radio hack who has no business writing a column for a legitimate publication; the fact that the Post-Standard features his work speaks volumes about the state of affairs there.

Just read Carlon's article. What an insufferable jackass. Guy has a face you can't punch just once.

Wow that is totally gutless. A hit piece on the way out. That is shameful. My god the editorial staff should have to do the Cersei shame walk.

Wow that actually got thru the PS Editors? To Bailey, Axe, Bud and you jackarses you lurk on this board seriously editorial board sucks and you should be ashamed to be co-workers with whomever wrote that.

That article is so low.

Wow that is totally gutless. A hit piece on the way out. That is shameful. My god the editorial staff should have to do the Cersei shame walk.

Wow that actually got thru the PS Editors? To Bailey, Axe, Bud and you jackarses you lurk on this board seriously editorial board sucks and you should be ashamed to be co-workers with whomever wrote that.

That article is so low.

The article makes some valid points [sadly], but presenting that as "editorial staff" is cowardly. If you're going to publish a hatchet piece, at least have the gumption to own up to it.

That reeks of webpage hit sensationalism. And a lack of balls.

The article makes some valid points [sadly], but presenting that as "editorial staff" is cowardly. If you're going to publish a hatchet piece, at least have the gumption to own up to it.

That reeks of webpage hit sensationalism. And a lack of balls.
To touch SS for anything but the win/losses is a joke. The only reason SS is gone because of 13-23. Off the field the man is a good and honorable man.

That reeked out of Bud Pollquin's article last week. I mean all it was missing was the BC walkon story.

Joke. Whomever wrote that man up. PS writers who lurk here

To touch SS for anything but the win/losses is a joke. The only reason SS is gone because of 13-23. Off the field the man is a good and honorable man.

That reeked out of Bud Pollquin's article last week. I mean all it was missing was the BC walkon story.

Joke. Whomever wrote that man up. PS writers who lurk here

It is particularly gutless given that it was an unnecessary parting shot to a class act guy on his way out.

The PS sucks--always has, always will. Apologies to the FEW good writers they've had over the years, but institutionally it is sub-standard.

I'd just like to point out that if Bud started doing what 99% of hack columnists do and simply churn out piping H0T Takes...rather than be a destitute man's Grantland Rice, that would actually be an improvement.

I could maybe forgive the decision of a writer(s) to drag Shafer through the mud on his way out of town if they believed he deserved it. But don't be a little b**ch and hide behind an "Editorial Board" credit.

Btw which PS writer did he stare down after the last press conference... was it Stephen Bailey? I'm not saying it was Bailey but everyone sure will look his way first after his provocative question and exchange with Shaf

I think the editorial was unnecessary but didn't find much in it that lacked coherence...This is the kind of thing that happens when you get a reasonable question and suggest you can ask it when you get your own team. Shafer was an awful representative of SU in his after game press conferences and I know this played a role in the decision to discharge him. There were a couple of areas in which Shafer just never improved and Coyle understands how important it is for a coach to learn from his mistakes.

I read the editorial this morning and was surprised they didn't include Shafer storming out of the last post-game press conference after answering almost no questions as contributing to his dismissal...oh wait.

I think the editorial was unnecessary but didn't find much in it that lacked coherence...This is the kind of thing that happens when you get a reasonable question and suggest you can ask it when you get your own team. Shafer was an awful representative of SU in his after game press conferences and I know this played a role in the decision to discharge him. There were a couple of areas in which Shafer just never improved and Coyle understands how important it is for a coach to learn from his mistakes.
You can't base Shafer off answering questions from the clowns that report on SU football. The man was a class act. I'm proud HCSS represented SU for 7 years. GPA is the highest in years, gets rarely get in trouble, and the about of good will he did to the community is off the charts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom