Shafer Dismissed per SI | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Dismissed per SI

I would imagine an offer will be going out very soon. From what I understand, the money has already been approved (or is very close to being approved) so there's not much holding them back from moving forward.
Hopefully a good amount.

I would imagine an offer will be going out very soon. From what I understand, the money has already been approved (or is very close to being approved) so there's not much holding them back from moving forward.

Can you clarify, does that mean that Coyle has a #1 already identified and will be making an actual offer?

Can you clarify, does that mean that Coyle has a #1 already identified and will be making an actual offer?
I believe so, but again, it's a grain of salt thing. Second hand info from a few different people (all of whom I trust, but still).

Wonder how many potential candidates or their reps are looking at this board. Hi Guys!!

Really hate that this happened.
In every other aspect, except perhaps the most significant one, HCSS was tailor-made for SU Football. He coulda been here a long, long time...if only.
Personally, I would have been OK w/ one more year: A healthier/more experienced Dungey, defense, OL, and recruiting class.
But there's no way anyone can be surprised and/or upset by all this.
Sometimes it just doesn't work out- and so we move on.
Godspeed to Coach Shafer and his staff.

That'd be my first guess based on a few conversations I've had.

If we get him tied up early in the process and let him get started that would be a major major bonus.

Wonder how many potential candidates or their reps are looking at this board. Hi Guys!!
They couldn't possibly read all 17 pages. But we did. Hope they saw their names.

That'd be my first guess based on a few conversations I've had.
Is Orgeron a candidate for DC? If so, do you think he could be the answer we've needed in recruiting, and could he work with Frost?

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 2m2 minutes ago
Syracuse has BC this weekend. Senior Day. What good does firing Shafer do now vs after the game?

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 3m3 minutes ago
No reason AD couldn’t have already begun “the search” without firing him today. Don’t get it.

Actually it's genius. The coaches definitely won't phone it in because it's essentially a job interview for them. And the players, if they have any affection for the coaches, will bust their butts to get them a last win.

Actually it's genius. The coaches definitely won't phone it in because it's essentially a job interview for them. And the players, if they have any affection for the coaches, will bust their butts to get them a last win.

Coyle is one of the smarter men we have had here in a long time. I have total faith in him, and his pending hire. This is going to be the start of something great at SU.

Pretty much every hire Coyle has made since coming to Syracuse has had ties to Boise. I don't think anything changes here. Coyle is taking the approach that if he is going to go down on this job he is going down with his guys and his team. I fully expect Sanford or someone else with ties to Boise to get this job. We will see though
Bing, bing, bing!!!

I liked Scott a lot but this had to happen and this was the best way for it to go down

Pretty much every hire Coyle has made since coming to Syracuse has had ties to Boise. I don't think anything changes here. Coyle is taking the approach that if he is going to go down on this job he is going down with his guys and his team. I fully expect Sanford or someone else with ties to Boise to get this job. We will see though

that's part of the attitude that got FHCSMFS fired

Scott Shafer is the 4th highest trend in USA on twitter.

at least he finally got ranked

The seniors who came out publicly supporting him over the weekend.

they gone

Supposing Coyle does have his budget approved from BoT, when exactly is it permissible for him to start speaking with and/or offering coaches currently under contract?

Are there any NCAA tampering rules ? Can Coyle just start offering Frost or does he politically need to seek permission from Oregon HC / AD to speak with their employee?

I just want to strike ASAP for all the obvious reasons - and I'm sure Coyle does too.

IMHO it would behoove any verbal recruit to wait and see. Knee-jerk reactions are usually poor decisions. The incoming staff will likely be able to coach'em up to a higher level than the outgoing. I have faith in Coyle.

Especially those who play on offense.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Nov-24

- Syracuse’s decision to make a coaching change was an interesting one for a few reasons
. First, in a crowded market, the Syracuse job is lower on the totem pole. Given the number of East Coast jobs open or about to open, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of candidate Syracuse can get.

Second, the Orange were decimated with injuries the past two seasons, especially at quarterback, where they were down to the fifth-string option several times. This year, 11 freshmen are starting, due to injuries. But in today’s business, you’ve gotta win, and Shafer didn’t make it through a third season.

New athletic director Mark Coyle comes from Boise State and has connections with several coaches out West worth keeping an eye on.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Nov-24

- Syracuse’s decision to make a coaching change was an interesting one for a few reasons
. First, in a crowded market, the Syracuse job is lower on the totem pole. Given the number of East Coast jobs open or about to open, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of candidate Syracuse can get.

Second, the Orange were decimated with injuries the past two seasons, especially at quarterback, where they were down to the fifth-string option several times. This year, 11 freshmen are starting, due to injuries. But in today’s business, you’ve gotta win, and Shafer didn’t make it through a third season.

New athletic director Mark Coyle comes from Boise State and has connections with several coaches out West worth keeping an eye on.
part of the reason they were ever any good for a few seconds this year was because of injuries at QB

mahoney beat out the other guys, this fifth string stuff is stupid. dungey is better than hunt. hell mahoney and hunts are about the same.

this is the worst part about making a coaching change - having to endure all these outsiders who think we should be ok with 6 and 17

part of the reason they were ever any good for a few seconds this year was because of injuries at QB

mahoney beat out the other guys, this fifth string stuff is stupid. dungey is better than hunt. hell mahoney and hunts are about the same.

this is the worst part about making a coaching change - having to endure all these outsiders who think we should be ok with 6 and 17

Hey I just post what is out there. I leave it to y'all to fight over it.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom