Shafer Dismissed per SI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Dismissed per SI

Scott Frost is my choice but will take Kiffin is available. Temple HC Ruhle is probably asking about position through his agent.

Scott Frost is my choice but will take Kiffin is available. Temple HC Ruhle is probably asking about position through his agent.

Why would Ruhle be putting out feelers at SU, when so many other bigger names will be coming after him?

I have great respect for Scott Shafer. He is a genuinely good man and if I had a son, I would love for him to play for Scott.

Unfortunately, in this sport, nice guys finish last. I wish he and his family, and the rest of the coaching staff the best.

Not really a better question. Not much left out there for a new coach to get. We really need to hang on to the top players in this class.

Given that you can't control what the current commits will or will not do, it is absolutely a better question. Whoever we bring in now, is going to have recruiting ties. We also don't know what impact the new head coach will have on the thought process of the kids we already have committed.

So yes, the better question is, what will the new head coaches impact be on the recruit recruiting class?

Given that you can't control what the current commits will or will not do, it is absolutely a better question. Whoever we bring in now, is going to have recruiting ties. We also don't know what impact the new head coach will have on the thought process of the kids we already have committed.

So yes, the better question is, what will the new head coaches impact be on the recruit recruiting class?
You have your opinion and I have mine. Enjoy

Millhouse said:
shafer as a loose cannon color commentator for a year would be fun as hell. i would tune into those games. i don't want that to be permanent, just for a year

How about a reality series where he is forced to work with Axe and Bud?

shafer as a loose cannon color commentator for a year would be fun as hell. i would tune into those games. i don't want that to be permanent, just for a year
he would be coughing all over the place. He should try the pros out for a bit.

Good luck in your future endeavors Scott Shafer. You are a good man and nobody can say anything about your character/genuine straight talk. He was first class in these endeavors I take no solace in anybody losing their job.

I have no doubt you will be a successful Defensive Coordinator in football and plenty of coaches have failed in their first stop as a HC. If you become a HC again good luck and as long you don't play or recruit against Syracuse good luck.

If we hire Lane Kiffen, who is amazingly overrated, I will trade in my season tickets.

I have faith Coyle won't do something this stupid.
We (as fans) and they (as administrators) can talk all they want about what's "really important" in college athletics, such as building young men and women, learning team work, earning degrees, etc., but it really is just about money and fans feeling good about themselves because their team beat someone else's team. Shame on all of us.

Shame on all of us? This isn't exactly a new revelation isn't it? I learned college athletics was a business when the AD called us in my senior year to announce they were dropping the program. It hasn't been about anything other than the green for decades

I have a picture next to my desk of Coach Shafer, me and my two sons. I'm looking at it as I write this. It will stay there. We will all be there Saturday to thank Coach for all he gave to SU. It's a shame it did not work out.

Syracuse University Director of Athletics Mark Coyle has relieved Scott Shafer as head football coach effective at the end of this season. Shafer will coach Saturday's game against Boston College (Carrier Dome, 12:30 pm, ACC RSN).

"I want to thank Scott, his wife Missy, and their family for their seven years of dedication and service to SU Athletics and Syracuse University. Scott has worked tirelessly to educate our students on and off the field and to build our program. However, I feel a change in leadership is needed at this time. A national search will begin immediately," Coyle said.

frost offense kiffin offense morehead offense sanford (WHO?) offense warner offense

moglia's background predates the invention of football so who knows

edit - i googled sanford and got indiana state. forgot about the guy at ND

I've spent a lot of time defending Scott Shafer. My reasons for doing so are rooted in the kind of guy I believe he and his staff are. All coaches talk about family. But I believe he genuinely cares for his players and their future. It shouldn't be such a rare trait to find in a coach.

Good luck Coach, staff, and families.

Please give me a moment, I'm a little verklempt :(
Linda Richman is a little Verklempt.png

I have a picture next to my desk of Coach Shafer, me and my two sons. It will stay there. We will all be there Saturday to thank Coach for all he gave to SU. It's a shame it did not work out.

Here's hoping Shafer goes out with a big win over BC the same way that GRob went out with a big win of Notre Dame. Guy deserves to go out on a positive note.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 2m2 minutes ago
Syracuse has BC this weekend. Senior Day. What good does firing Shafer do now vs after the game?

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 3m3 minutes ago
No reason AD couldn’t have already begun “the search” without firing him today. Don’t get it.
who is the 13 year old in charge of this twitter account??

son, you dont start a search behind his back.

once the decision has been made, you announce it and move forward.

there are a LOT of jobs open, we needed to get our hat in the ring as soon as possible.

this is how you do it.

1st correct decision by Coyle.

now keep them coming.

actually hes made 3 correct decsions already.

1. firing SS
2. doing it now
3. making it public

i like the way we are trending...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online