Shafer to Dabo at end of 1st half | Syracusefan.com

Shafer to Dabo at end of 1st half

florange44

Scout Team
After the 4th down stop with 10 seconds left, the cameras showed Shafer fist pump , look across the field, and say (my lip reading) " take that Dabo, you motherf?!$&".

I love this guys fire. I hope he uses that slight to get the team to fight to the bitter end and make some plays in the second half.

Florange44

If I was Dabo I might let my players do the same thing. We talk trash all week and overly celebrate on the minuscule things we've done good when were getting destroyed.

I guess I like his fire.. Doesn't make up for the lack of coaching we've displayed all season though.

I thought he said "what kind of mothering name is Dabo?"

This game is making our program look so bad...

Dabo should just continue to let his teams play talk.

After the 4th down stop with 10 seconds left, the cameras showed Shafer fist pump , look across the field, and say (my lip reading) " take that Dabo, you motherf?!$&".

I love this guys fire. I hope he uses that slight to get the team to fight to the bitter end and make some plays in the second half.

Florange44

Fire isn't helping him or his seemingly inept staff coach up his players.

Florange44

I saw what you saw. I guess at 4th and goal kicking a field goal is running up the score also. It isn't like he threw a fade to the end zone, it was just a QB draw from 4 yards out. The only other thing is I guess he could just take a knee, but I am sure Syracuse is going to try to score in the 2nd half.

I thought he said "what kind of mothering name is Dabo?"
Per Wiki: Swinney's nickname was given to him as an infant by his parents when his then-17-month-old brother would try to enunciate "that boy" when referring to Swinney

Got to love the Southern drawl - 'da(t) bo(y). Reminds me of Bubba from Forrest Gump.

Florange44

Florange44
So stupid. If I was Dabo and caught wind of this I'd hang a hundred on us.

Last edited:
Welcome to the ACC young boys..

We let off the gas in the third Quarter. It could have been worst. I told you and look at my posts that you are going to woinder what hit you. This is CLEMSON FOOTBALL boys. Next time when you talk big, you need to back it up.
This is a one of many to come and I don't see your program going anywhere for centuries to come. Efu for our coach and he is a good man.

Congrats our secondary is awful.

Our running game and rush defense looked leagues better than yours and you're supposed to be a top 5 team.

Next time Mr. Boyd gets dropped by Spruill tell him to atleast have the decency to clean up the divet his ass made in the turf, PTG seems to keep tripping over it ;).

classy syracuse fans...

2-3 record we don't need your sorry a$$ in the acc. We have Duke and wake forest already.. I was not happy to have a program like your joining our league. You are playing in a tent for starters. Get a football staduim first

Someone needs to make ACC basketball look masculine.

We let off the gas in the third Quarter. It could have been worst. I told you and look at my posts that you are going to woinder what hit you. This is CLEMSON FOOTBALL boys. Next time when you talk big, you need to back it up.
This is a one of many to come and I don't see your program going anywhere for centuries to come. Efu for our coach and he is a good man.

Stay classy Nick. You got the better of us today (in a big way), but it won't always be like that. We have every bit of the tradition and history that you do, we're on the way up and we'll be back soon. For the sake of the league, I hope you or FSU run the table. BTW, what Dabo did at the end of the half is a low class move in most circles. Maybe not yours, but most. The classy thing to do is kick the field goal.

Florange44

Lol. Most of us talk smack in jest because we want to get you rednecks riled up. You have a NC contending team and did what you were supposed to do. Syracuse will eventually get there, it will take some time but not centuries. Can't really say the same about your basketball program and the epic beat down you will receive and continue to receive for "centuries" at the hands of our basketball team. You seriously have no hope in that sport and should probably just euthanize your basketball program with Syracuse and Louisville coming in.

classy syracuse fans...

2-3 record we don't need your sorry a$$ in the acc. We have Duke and wake forest already.. I was not happy to have a program like your joining our league. You are playing in a tent for starters. Get a football staduim first

Crawl back in your trailer toothless.

We let off the gas in the third Quarter. It could have been worst. I told you and look at my posts that you are going to woinder what hit you.

We're not wondering ish. We know what happened. It's called a little size, a lot of speed and 1 Taj Boyd. We just ran for over 300 yards and held you to 3.5 YPC. Your QB and WRs won you the game. That's it.. literally that was the difference.

Our collective football acumen probably > yours.

give the dumb azz redneck a break-we may have lost the game- he was born a loser

ACC basketball won't even be a thing.

It'll be Cuse, Louisville and company.

classy syracuse fans...

Really? We're not classy? You're on OUR BOARD after you beat us soundly trying to tell us how we should act. You're the classless one. You won, good for you. Crawl back into your hole.

I disagree with you. Nowadays and without playoffs, margin of victory matters with computer rankings.

As far as FSU running the table, everything is possible. However, FSU has not won in like 4 or 5 times in death valley. I think Clemson will win it.

As far as the this and this, I don't like anyone to my coach and we love Dabo. He is a high character guy.

Welcome to the ACC but you really need to fix your stadium to get recruits. Last year we took the number recruit in your state to come to Clemson. I forgot his name..

FSU and you could both run the table. That'd be great. Syracuse will still be the ACCs only hope in a National Championship this year and next in college sports.

You're blessed to have us in your conference.

I hope you and all of your inbred family develop an incredibly painful form of cancer and linger in incredible pain before you die.

Down boy.

ACC basketball won't even be a thing.

It'll be Cuse, Louisville and company.

Hell, Notre Dame could run ACC basketball without us.

(edit: alright probably not. Notre Dame Sucks.)

I disagree with you. Nowadays and without playoffs, margin of victory matters with computer rankings.

As far as FSU running the table, everything is possible. However, FSU has not won in like 4 or 5 times in death valley. I think Clemson will win it.

As far as the this and this, I don't like anyone to my coach and we love Dabo. He is a high character guy.

Welcome to the ACC but you really need to fix your stadium to get recruits. Last year we took the number recruit in your state to come to Clemson. I forgot his name..
I believe it was your own beloved Dabo who told the sideline reporter before the game started in regards to the Carrier Dome.. "This is awesome". Nobody here is saying " Dabo" but I kind of think you want to " Dabo". Just sayin..