Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Shafer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Never thought I'd say this about Shafer, but I lost all respect for him today. He teaches dirty football. So many dirty plays, several unsportsmanlike penalties (none against SU) and even a player tossed for targeting dungey. He's a dirty coach.

Never thought I'd say this about Shafer, but I lost all respect for him today. He teaches dirty football. So many dirty plays, several unsportsmanlike penalties (none against SU) and even a player tossed for targeting dungey. He's a dirty coach.

Agree 100%, screw him and his For the love of the game BS. He's a scum bag!

Agreed. POS cheap-shotting program and he bears some responsibility for that.

Btw I put out the same theory two years ago when he wouldn't criticize the guy who targeted Dungey's head. 'All part of the game' or some BS like that. Only reason a coach would keep silent about that is so he has some leeway when his own player does the same dirty move.

The worst part is, none of it was surprising.

I didn't want to say anything leading up to the game, but I am absolutely not surprised his players took a ridiculous cheap shot on our QB, or that they engaged in theatrics to stall the offense.

'if I' ve lost Bees, I've lost the Syracuse fanbase.

Taunting the fans that just gave you a standing O on your way to the booth. - Classless
What seemed like after every first down instructing his players to fall down and fake injury - Classless

Those things aren't against the rules but they do show a persons true character

Just finished with the replay because I couldn't watch it live. Well before #56 was thrown out, you can clearly see him get up, walk over our RB and intentionally step on his ankle. Think it was right around 1:20 on the replay, definitely before 1:23. Very clear, don't even need to look for it because the camera was zoomed in on the SU player on the turf.

I sat near Missy and we will just say her behavior was deplorable during the game.
giphy.gif

The players were definitely told to fake those injuries on 3rd down not sure if it was him or the HC.

I don't care about Schafer. Anyone who does is a living-in-the-past loser.

This should not have been a loss. Today was in Dino. Roller coaster of emotions? Shut the hell up. It's football. In our own Stadium against a sloppy team that by all accounts should be less talented and capable.

Demoralizing.

Garbage performance by Shafer. Garbage performance by us. Only one we control. More concerned with our sideline than MTSU. This wasn't our
Super Bowl as it was their's. We shouldn't need it to be to win a game like this. If we can't take care of MTSU at home i couldn't care less about Shafer.

I don't care about Schafer. Anyone who does is a living-in-the-past loser.

This should not have been a loss. Today was in Dino. Roller coaster of emotions? Shut the hell up. It's football. In our own Stadium against a sloppy team that by all accounts should be less talented and capable.

Demoralizing.
"Living in the past losers" lol

I don't think anyone here really thinks about him aside from when we play his team and lose to his defense that fakes injuries and cheap shots guys he hugged pregame while he runs through the Dome with a cigar like low-class clown show.

One thing I find funny is that he won because his offense scored thirty. That happened seven times his entire tenure vs fbs.

In games where opponents scored 23 or more, he was 3-21 here

He was 0-3 in games where opponents scored between 23-25

I was never a fan of Shafer the football coach and I always thought he was a "weird" guy. I mean he got upset with Dabo and was cursing him out on the field cause he thought Dabo was "running it up" in the 2nd quarter of a game. It's pretty impossible to "run it up" in only the 2nd quarter. Shafer was "odd" in his behavior there. The post-game ISIS comment was just strange. He has always been an odd bird who I had little respect for as a head coach.

The whole cigar thing today was classless. I mean he is a football coach, he gets paid to win games. He didn't win games at Syracuse...so he got fired. How he can have a grudge against Syracuse for firing him is beyond me. He lost alot here, he can't be so dense he doesn't understand how the business works.

The fake injury thing I put on him because he clearly was in a team meeting where that was discussed and he could have squashed that. Shafer belongs at MTU because that is the type of behavior you expect out of a school like MTU. He can enjoy his later years in life coaching the likes of MTU and pretty much not have to worry about that 2nd head coaching chance coming his way.

Say what you want about Shafer. Dirty players? Sure. Cheated with stall tactics? Yep.

I saw a far less talented team eviscerate a better team. They weren't bigger or stronger or faster. They wanted it more, they played harder, they talked more smack, and they lined up and did whatever they had to do to beat the guy in front of them.

At the end of the day, he did what he had to do to win. He did the same crap when he coached here, and no one had a problem with it then.

Say what you want about Shafer. Dirty players? Sure. Cheated with stall tactics? Yep.

I saw a far less talented team eviscerate a better team. They weren't bigger or stronger or faster. They wanted it more, they played harder, they talked more smack, and they lined up and did whatever they had to do to beat the guy in front of them.

At the end of the day, he did what he had to do to win. He did the same crap when he coached here, and no one had a problem with it then.
i thought they were faster and better coached. they at least threw the ball north and south, something that we could not do. sure they faked the injuries. my seats are in sec 117 row m right behind their bench. you could see the injured players come off the field and immediately recover form the "devastating" injuries.
all in all, save for dungey, they were a better team. very sad, very very sad.

i thought they were faster and better coached. they at least threw the ball north and south, something that we could not do. sure they faked the injuries. my seats are in sec 117 row m right behind their bench. you could see the injured players come off the field and immediately recover form the "devastating" injuries.
all in all, save for dungey, they were a better team. very sad, very very sad.

And which guy recruited our upperclassmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom