Shaky Potatoes Update | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Update

UnderHisOwnPower

Ask yourself, do I feel lucky?
Trever is averaging 15 pts, 39% from deep, and has lead this team through the ACC gauntlet so far with veteran aplomb. Just as important as his production is his obvious leadership of the freshman as he brings the in game encouragement they need to play hard together, for each other. So where does this land him on the shaky potatoes meter? Has he played his way up to a baked potato, or has he finally achieved au gratin status?

Depends on how many threes he has hit on the season. That was what the tracker was actually based on - he would have hit shaky status had he hit 100 threes. Is he pacing towards that this season? I haven't looked in a while.

To your point though, he's having a nice senior season and is playing really well.

Played 39 minutes last night. Only came out for the walk-ons. Really, really, really would have liked to see him get a couple minutes rest here and there in the first and second halves. He was walking up the floor a few times on the offensive end because he was tired. We will need him at the end of the season and every little bit will help preserve his legs/back/whatever else is hurting on him.

Depends on how many threes he has hit on the season. That was what the tracker was actually based on - he would have hit shaky status had he hit 100 threes. Is he pacing towards that this season? I haven't looked in a while.

To your point though, he's having a nice senior season and is playing really well.

61 after last night. Averaging 4 a game will see him hit the century mark in the first game of the ACCT. Gonna be a nail biter. In honor of the tourney being in DC this year, he could be king of the freedom fries for a day!

Last edited:

he is 61/166 = .367%

avg 2.77/7.54 over 22 games multiply that by 35 = 97/264

Trever is averaging 15 pts, 39% from deep, and has lead this team through the ACC gauntlet so far with veteran aplomb. Just as important as his production is his obvious leadership of the freshman as he brings the in game encouragement they need to play hard together, for each other. So where does this land him on the shaky potatoes meter? Has he played his way up to a baked potato, or has he finally achieved au gratin status?
Yeah, can't wait till this kid graduates and is outta here to quote some here.

Credit where credit is due. (Knock on wood, he keeps this level of play up.)

I've been hard on Cooney, and he still does things that make you want to lose your mind, but overall...the guy is playing at a borderline All-ACC level and has shown tremendous leadership and heart this year.

When G, Cooney and Richardson are clicking...Watch out. Good luck to the high seed that sees us in their bracket, should we make the tourney.

Played 39 minutes last night. Only came out for the walk-ons. Really, really, really would have liked to see him get a couple minutes rest here and there in the first and second halves. He was walking up the floor a few times on the offensive end because he was tired. We will need him at the end of the season and every little bit will help preserve his legs/back/whatever else is hurting on him.

I agree, but Boeheim was pi$$ed at Howard so you knew he wouldn't give him a chance in the second half. I was disappointed in that.

He's had a really good year, with some bumps in the road.

It's going to be hard to replace the threat he is on the floor next year, even if shot selection is questionable at times. There just won't be another guard on the roster that will be able to shoot like he does off screens next year. He's been great in ACC play and a major reason the sinking ship has become buoyant again.

Look at my sig...I like him as a player and think he is very valuable...

But the rest of the season still has to play out...

He was shooting 37% through Jan last year and then plummeted to 19% for Feb and March...

He clearly doesn't have to force it nearly as much this year with all our other offensive options but it remains to be seen the impact the minutes currently being logged will have on his legs...

Look at my sig...I like him as a player and think he is very valuable...

But the rest of the season still has to play out...

He was shooting 37% through Jan last year and then plummeted to 19% for Feb and March...

He clearly doesn't have to force it nearly as much this year with all our other offensive options but it remains to be seen the impact the minutes currently being logged will have on his legs...

I agree, he is more like a side of fries this year than the main dish. Maybe the 11 days off after VaTech (using JBs calendar) is just what the doctor ordered to keep him from getting twice baked.

He's had a really good year, with some bumps in the road.

It's going to be hard to replace the threat he is on the floor next year, even if shot selection is questionable at times. There just won't be another guard on the roster that will be able to shoot like he does off screens next year. He's been great in ACC play and a major reason the sinking ship has become buoyant again.

Lydon could learn a thing or two from Cooneys ultra aggressiveness.