Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

You know a thread exerts a powerful field of gravity when it can draw the legendary OOT out of hiding. Welcome back and hope all's well, amigo.
More of a lurker these days. Try to add a bit on the lacrosse board, but normally not a ton of time to post on others. Merry Christmas.

The people have spoken. If you google "dave jacobs syracuse" this thread is 4th on the list. wow
Jacobs was a replacement player for the Eagles during the 1987 strike season. I will donate $25 to Jim and Juli foundation in anyone's name who gets a video of them calling Jacobs a scab.

I thought we'd make 200 posts easy before someone said something nice about him - actually I thought we would make 1000. Good thing I didn't place that bet.
I vaguely recall he has a relative (son?) who posts here.

Channel 9 just ran a story on both our teams’ early exit from March madness and how it impacts local businesses. Who do they interview? Dave Jacobs. I’m surprised he didn’t offer the reporter a BOGO offer!

Last edited:
Channel 9 just ran a story on both our teams’ early exit from March madness and how it impacts local businesses. Who do they interview? David Jacobs. I’m surprised he didn’t offer the reporter a BOGO offer!
Don't worry those shirts will be free next fall with a purchase of a great deal off the mystery price rack.

Jacobs: “we have an atmosphere of electricity here every day”

Me:
giphy.gif

Money Quote. This is all you need to know about Dave Jacobs:

They said Jacobs, who had been running Shirt World for more than two decades, did not set up employee applications or exit interviews, adding that he rarely kept receipts or used the corporate credit card.
“He said that we were more corporate America, and he was more mom-and-pop,” Smith said.

Or maybe you'd just call him a thief. I would.

Ah yes. Had biz dealings with Dave Jacobs years ago. Got smart and walked away based on my instincts. The guy is an absolute nut. A few people I know joke and call him “tax free Dave”

This article about Dave Jacobs is crazy. I had a feeling that he owned a bunch of Marshall Street buildings. The guy is a lunatic (of course everyone knew that already).
Inside the demise of M Street Pizza

I had a lawsuit on behalf of one of his tenants against Jacobs.
His lawyer quoted in the article, Peter Hobaica from Utica, is likewise a POS. He had been negotiating a lease with the tenant who was trying to open a store in time for back-to-school. Hobaica puts the signature page of the lease in front of a lawyer friend of mine who has his tenant sign, but then Hobaica returns the first draft of the lease (very pro-landlord, of course) without including any of the changes they had already negotiated. Our lawsuit wound up a stalemate (just kind of faded away without going to trial), but I got my guy out of the lease without further loss and he opened up a store elsewhere instead, but not until after losing a year's worth of time trying to build up a new business with an insane, meddlesome landlord. What truly awful people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom