Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shocked and disappointed at the lack of support yesterday

I think they changed Covid protocol yesterday so that won't impact hoops

Wonder what crowd look like for Lemoyne tomorrow

Exhibition game in the middle of the week?

Maybe 3370.

If Covid protocols are a primary factor, then it should impact basketball attendance this year as well. If it’s a secondary factor (primary being the team not being nationally relevant), then basketball might not be impacted (or we’ll only see a very small, statistically insignificant drop over previous recent years). I honestly don’t know which way it’ll go, but Syracuse is in the unique position of being able to find out since the basketball and football venue is the same.
Basketball could be an absolute disaster if they are going to check everyone’s vaccine cards and ID’s at the gate.

SU should have stepped up the plate like the Syracuse Crunch and done vaccine photo ID cards for season ticket holders. The Crunch allowed the fans that had vaccine photo ID cards to enter through separate gates and it was very smooth getting into the arena.

Basketball could be an absolute disaster if they are going to check everyone’s vaccine cards and ID’s at the gate.

SU should have stepped up the plate like the Syracuse Crunch and done vaccine photo ID cards for season ticket holders. The Crunch allowed the fans that had vaccine photo ID cards to enter through separate gates and it was very smooth getting into the arena.
Yeah, that better have a better system than that in place by the time the 30,000 type crowds start happening(usually February), otherwise the place will be half empty when the game starts.

Not sure what you were expecting, beyond the diehards there wasn't any real buzz locally for the game and with the covid protocols a chunk of the fanbase simply isn't going to show up this year.
its also Halloween weekend and i know several people who are doing it all weekend to make up for last year

Need sustained success, that simple. CNY has shown they will support SU FB if they can win. Up to this point Dinos been successful 1 out of 6 years. Bowl this year and next year more will start to bandwagon on
just in time for that price increase that is likely coming on season tickets with nd on the schedule

Yeah, that better have a better system than that in place by the time the 30,000 type crowds start happening(usually February), otherwise the place will be half empty when the game starts.

I don’t think the system is that bad. I have gotten checked at the tents and at the gate and it literally took an extra 5-10 minutes. I have waited in line longer for a draft ha.

Some people don’t have patience I guess.

I don’t think the system is that bad. I have gotten checked at the tents and at the gate and it literally took an extra 5-10 minutes. I have waited in line longer for a draft ha.

I assume they won’t have tents during the snowy, cold weather?

I was referring to a system without the bands, where everything is done as you enter. That will take forever.

and of course if you arrive right at game time the lines will be longer than if you arrive 45 mins before

I don't think the University does a good job promoting football in general. They lag in a lot of ways.

Basketball at this point sells itself, and when the team that finished strong last year looks exciting and promising after one scrimmage this year, people are ready for hoops.

There was more excitement for Pace than BC. People know the football team has some good players and have played hard - I think for football, the fans are taking a wait and see approach.

If we beat Ville and NC State we probably hit 43-44 for Pitt.
More excitement for Pace? I think that's a reach.

I assume they won’t have tents during the snowy, cold weather?

I was referring to a system without the bands, where everything is done as you enter. That will take forever.
I think that's just life until they lift the mandates like many other places have.

Sorry to be negative on a mostly positive day but where was everybody? There should be buzz in the community with this team and the community failed miserably. I honestly thought after last weeks win that there would be a good response. I couldn’t have been more wrong. As usual, the one’s that came rallied despite a very flat start- by both the team and the fans- to create a decent environment in the second half. Hoping we get with the program for the Pitt game.
There will be buzz if they can qualify for a bowl before Pitt. I mean we’re excited about Tech and BC but the fan base took some substantial consecutive kicks to the plums at home vs Rutgers, Clemson and Wake. Gonna take more than a win or two to make up for nearly three years of let down. Thats just the truth.

It’s tough for people to give up there Saturday to have there hearts ripped out we have to become consistently good and build that trust with casual fans again, until then the attendance will stay the way it was. We had a golden opportunity after the 10 win season, we sold more season tickets then ever and man o man that clemson game that year was insane I could feel my brain ringing by how loud it was … cuse is a ticking time bomb people want to go to the games but they won’t till they feel there’s a competent product on the field which after being terrible for the last 20 years will take more then a 2 game win streak

There will be buzz if they can qualify for a bowl before Pitt. I mean we’re excited about Tech and BC but the fan base took some substantial consecutive kicks to the plums at home vs Rutgers, Clemson and Wake. Gonna take more than a win or two to make up for nearly three years of let down. Thats just the truth.
As an aside: Being able to pull a cold can of Blue Light out of the fridge at the Dome >>>> buying those old lukewarm beers in plastic cups with tops on them that were a hassle to take off without spilling any.

As an aside: Being able to pull a cold can of Blue Light out of the fridge at the Dome >>>> buying those old lukewarm beers in plastic cups with tops on them that were a hassle to take off without spilling any.
Concessions have been MUCH better. Though I prefer draft, when it comes to the dome the new grab and go cans are a hit. No spillage/flimsy cups.

Ok. But some people here act like “casual fans” are oblivious. I suspect a lot of people knew there was a home game, and had no interest in attending. And a lot fewer people under 50 watch traditional TV or listen to terrestrial radio these days. Marketing requires a much broader, more expensive effort if you’re trying to spur casual consumer to action.
It not really that much more expensive. If anything, digital advertising is actually “cheaper” per user response because of how targeted it can be

Concessions have been MUCH better. Though I prefer draft, when it comes to the dome the new grab and go cans are a hit. No spillage/flimsy cups.
I prefer draft in a bar. But yeah, those cups are too much of a hassle when at a game. The can is so much more versatile in that setting. I can grab one, throw it in my coat pocket and go to the bathroom, then go get food after, and then go back to my seat a lot faster, without spilling a drop.

I have long been upset about fan turnout, but the facts will always be the facts and the fact is Syracuse and Central NY is full of insta fans just (add wins)when this team is ranked u get big turn outs, when you get a big name opponent fans turn out, but when a team is 4-4 against another bad team you get a BS turnout. Sad but true.

I saw the early season crowds it was clear Covid had made a dent.
-Some don’t like protocols
-Some just don’t go into crowds
When you double up with the 1-10 last year and a lack of seasons you get what you get.
If you watch a lot of college football you will see the Football factories continue to sell out but if you look at the middle of the pack attendance wise you see empty seats all over. One win after 3 losses also isn’t going to create buzz in CNY. The casual once or twice a year fan probably not well aware of how exciting and competitive these guys are.
Next year we start with a Heisman trophy candidate, An established successful QB, A much better pre season outlook and hopefully no Covid protocols. I’m looking for better things.

I saw the early season crowds it was clear Covid had made a dent.
-Some don’t like protocols
-Some just don’t go into crowds
When you double up with the 1-10 last year and a lack of seasons you get what you get.
If you watch a lot of college football you will see the Football factories continue to sell out but if you look at the middle of the pack attendance wise you see empty seats all over. One win after 3 losses also isn’t going to create buzz in CNY. The casual once or twice a year fan probably not well aware of how exciting and competitive these guys are.
Next year we start with a Heisman trophy candidate, An established successful QB, A much better pre season outlook and hopefully no Covid protocols. I’m looking for better things.
and a strong home schedule too with 6 p5 games(Purdue, ND, Louisville, Florida State, NC State, Virginia and Wagner) in the dome vs the normal 5-1-1

If Covid protocols are a primary factor, then it should impact basketball attendance this year as well. If it’s a secondary factor (primary being the team not being nationally relevant), then basketball might not be impacted (or we’ll only see a very small, statistically insignificant drop over previous recent years). I honestly don’t know which way it’ll go, but Syracuse is in the unique position of being able to find out since the basketball and football venue is the same.

Hoops attendance will prove a lot of people right or wrong. I for one think the basketball attendance will be impacted and follow suit with football attendance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom